Positive ovulation test and pregnancy test

(8 Posts)

Help please!!

I have a random cycle and never know when I am ovulating - tonight I thought I had some ewcm and thought I would take a ovulation test - just for fun I thought I would pop a pregnancy test in the wee too and they have both come back positive - I have done a further 3 pregnancy tests and 2 ovulation tests and they are all positive. I have now run out if all sticks and sent my hubby out to see if they sell pregnancy tests at to garage (not holding out much hope!!).

Does anyone know if you can get a positive pregnancy and ovulation test at the same time and what it might mean. We have been trying for number 2 for a while and there has been talk of fertility drugs from my GP so was starting to get worried it wouldn't happen.

Any help would be massively appreciated!!

Thanks lovely people x

lurcherlover Sun 13-Jan-13 22:17:09

Yes, you can. I found out I was pg with dc2 exactly the same way (irregular cycle following mc, bought cheaply ov tests and got a positive so tried a pg test to see what would happen - bingo). this site tells you more, but in essence ov tests are cheapy pg tests, and will detect hcg as well as other hormones. Congratulations, you're pregnant grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 13-Jan-13 23:04:59

Yep I agree, congratulations are in order! smile

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sun 13-Jan-13 23:05:58

Congrats

Thank you for your replies - really appreciate it!! Hubby came back with a test from the garage and that said positive too - almost instant result - we are still in shock! I have such irregular cycles that I have no idea how many weeks I am! Will pop to the Drs tomorrow.

Thanks again xx

Went to the drs on Monday and they took my bloods to measure my hcg levels - looks like I am 5 weeks - cant believe it - now the long wait for the 12 week scan!!

Thanks for all your replies!! They helped me calm down on Sunday after the shock of the positive test!! grin

galwaygal Fri 18-Jan-13 09:31:18

Beware - if a wet opk comes into contact with a pregnancy test, it will turn the pregnancy test positive.

galwaygal Fri 18-Jan-13 09:34:43

I just posted that to warn others about the risk, then accidently posted before saying - congratulations on your pregnancy, and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. Enjoy every minute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now