2013 Baby Dust

(191 Posts)
Sparkle002 Sun 13-Jan-13 21:33:12

I am starting a new thread anyone care to join me on the journey? smile

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 18:55:09

Lol oh dear......I was even thinking of to he'll with it test everyday until then either way I'll find out right?

Well you will eventually lol, was reading a 'first response' packet today in asda as you do and they said 62% accurate 5 days before first day of missed period and 99% the day before missed period. I will be a test everyday-er as well. It's so nerve racking and exciting at the same time

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:17:35

Get the cheap ones first so you don't spend so much then once you get a positive go for first respond to double check. Well that is my plan because they cost so much each time

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:24:49

Hi Sparkle and Loves

Sorry to hear you've done your back in Loves - hope it gets better soon. Is it something that can be easily fixed with rest?

I got my blood test results back today and they are fine, so I am really happy! smile So relieved! Just got DH to do another SA now although hoping he'll be okay as he was just about on the right side of normal last time. Poor love - think he found the stress of it all a bit much last time so he didn't produce as good a sample as he could have or perhaps has done in the past. blush

How's the waiting coming along Sparkle?

Yeah they cost a fortune, robbing sods!! I have some internet cheapies hidden away. Really want to wait until af comes/doesn't come but i know there is zero chance of that happening

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:28:05

Loooooong even at work all I do is count the days.
Good news on your blood test well done bearface

Hi Bear its a nerve in my lower back, it will be fine in a few days> it was my own fault for not taking advise and going back to the gym too soon.
Glad to hear you blood test results are clear smile

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:30:23

Lol lovesthechaos at this rate might as we do as I am thinking

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:33:46

Thanks guys!

I think if you need to POAS then you need to POAS. Just don't do it too early as it's a waste of money. I'd go for the ICs as you already said. The First Response website does 5 for £8.99 though if you want more of a bargain.

Bummer about your back Loves. Rest up and take care.

Thanks Bear I will try, with 3 young lads it's easier said than done but I wouldn't have it any other way smile

I have decided, just now infact, that i am going to wait until tuesday to POAS , that will be a week before af is due. I may sound neurotic but thats how i feel lol!

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:40:51

Oooooo Love that is way before me

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:44:38

Oh I see now why you are Lovesthechaos grin!!

Sparkle002 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:44:50

Well nice catching up again, time for a soak......night ladies and baby dust to all xx

Soph80 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:45:42

Lovesthechaos - I generally can't help myself either! My friend, who has also been TTC for 18 months, has never done one! I don't know how she resists!

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:46:04

Me too - need to loo! Not quite the same, but will throw some baby dust over my shoulder atcha!

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:46:40

I mean *need the loo not need to loo

Night Bear and Sparkle

Soph 18 months and not one test!! OMG i would have gone around the bend. Some people are just so calm and rational, we clearly aren't haha!

Bearface Fri 25-Jan-13 18:18:11

Oh I'm totally crazy Loves grin

FriendofDorothy Fri 25-Jan-13 18:20:53

What is babydust?

Me too Bear my boys love it when i embarass them and do an amazing rendition of gangnam style in front of all their friends!

Soph80 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:18:21

loves the chaos - I think my friend would laugh if she knew you thought she was 'calm' and 'rational' lol. Shes going out of her mind, just as much as the rest of us but manages not to give in. Its sounds silly but its also a coping mechanism a bit with me. I think I accept a BFN more than AF, daft eh? lol

While you have a bfn and no sign of af there is still hope. When af arrives its a big fat slap in the face because you know it's another month down. Well that's what I think anyway lol

Soph80 Fri 25-Jan-13 22:24:15

I think it also prepares me for the big slap as well lol

Friendsoffairy - baby dust is a silly imaginary concept that desperate wanna-be mums (me included) pretend will somehow create a miracle.....some might say I'm a tad cynical these days lol

Sparkle002 Sat 26-Jan-13 16:39:57

Hi lovesthechaos are you feeling any symthoms yet? Any clue at all?

Hi sparkle i was just coming on to post about the slight cramps i appear to be having and hoping that it's a sign. Have you had anything? I was sick the other day nothing to do with the disgusting period video doing the rounds on facebook i watched wish the days would go faster!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now