2013 Baby Dust

(191 Posts)
Sparkle002 Sun 13-Jan-13 21:33:12

I am starting a new thread anyone care to join me on the journey? smile

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 16:31:00

Oh, yes, blue I think it is, but I think it just more difficult to pinpoint when (and maybe if) ovulation is taking place that's all. Personally I'd go for watching out for EWCM and doing it as regularly as you can.

bluefreckles Wed 16-Jan-13 16:31:30

Ignore that last message! Logged on with my laptop for the first time and the first message on this thread was placed at the top. Durrr! hmm

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 16:32:26

Hee hee - I was a bit confused blue!

bluefreckles Wed 16-Jan-13 16:32:29

EW...Cervical Mucus. What is EW? Sorry- I'm new to all this! grin

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 16:33:46

Oooo - egg white cervical mucus. It should be clearish and stringy and the test is that you should be able stretch it between your fingers and it doesn't break.

bluefreckles Wed 16-Jan-13 16:39:25

bear - so does that mean it's time to start going at it like rabbits or is it too late by that point?

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 16:48:47

Right, just had a look at my book blue and it says that the most fertile day of your cycle should be the last day you produce EWCM i.e. when your fanjo feels wettest and when the CM is 'slippery and wet like raw egg white. It is usually clear but can have opaque streaks in it', so if you produce it for more than one day then get going on the first day you see it and keep going until it disappears.

If you don't know when EWCM is going to appear, then you just need to go for it every other day to try and hit the jackpot, but then try to do it on the EWCM day as well when it appears. As sperm can live for up to 5 days in the fanjo then you might get pregnant from doing it a few days before EWCM. Hope this all makes sense.

bluefreckles Wed 16-Jan-13 17:27:24

Thank you bear!

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 19:03:53

No problemo.

ChocolateWaffle Wed 16-Jan-13 19:24:51

Can I join you guys? I'm expecting my bfp early next week not overly optimistic at all it's our first month of ttc so not getting my hopes up too much!

Is anyone else testing around then?

HopefulFairy Wed 16-Jan-13 19:47:48

Thanks Bear, I think you're right. It's such a roller coaster that you can't help but be down at times. It just seems at the mo that I can't think about anything else. Getting really annoyed by people telling me "It'll happen" or "Try not to stress about it cuz it won't happen". Do they think I don't know that already?!?!? Trying not to symptom spot as always brings disappointment but can't help myself. Felt sick today+immediately I've got the calendar open, trying to work out dates+cycle days!! Too early to be anything pregnancy related though : (

JellyBeanDavey Wed 16-Jan-13 22:56:35

Hello Ladies and blue

I'm jumping buses now! Need some special baby dust this month.
Been to see the doctor today and going to be having a blood test at the start of AF and then 21days into my cycle to check my hormone levels etc.

I'm on cycle 4, CD2, due 16th?

Im 24 and DP is almost 28, and i have been off the pill (Yasmin) since start of October. I never realised how hard it is ttc. when girls can go out and have a ONS and end up with a BFP!

Good luck ladies smile

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 23:17:08

Hi Jelly and Waffle

Yes, Hopeful - everything you mentioned is really annoying. Told my very pregnant friend that I am having tests and she said she was glad because it meant we would find out if anything was wrong and then could fix it. A perfectly lovely and reasonable response. Evil TTC voice in my head though goes off on one about how unfair it is and how can she ever understand. I'm often unreasonable in my head and have to talk myself down so I don't go crazy!

I'm with you Jelly - I'm on the second set of exactly the same tests. We can hold hands if you like? I should be getting some results this week. If you're on CD2 does that mean you have had or are about to have your first blood test?

setayharas Wed 16-Jan-13 23:24:05

Well the word fanjo just had me giggling like a lil school girl blush

HopefulFairy Wed 16-Jan-13 23:42:46

I'm in a similar situation Bear as my bestie is preggers with her 2nd at the mo and the more preggers she gets, the more envious I get! Feel like a terrible, terrible person and the worst friend EVER! She's had a bumpy road whilst TTC which makes me feel even worse. I would never wish it was me+not her but desperate to fall so we can share the joy a little. Anywho, FXed for a BFP in a couple of weeks.

Setay - me too!! Will be using it from now on! smile

JellyBeanDavey Wed 16-Jan-13 23:52:31

Bear - holding hands sounds good to me wink
Well this is where I'm having a little dilemma. I was sat thinking about it earlier after the docs and realised I could book the test now as AF only came yesterday, rang the surgery and they only have an appointment for 8.45 Friday and I'm ment to be leaving home for the ferry at half 7. So me and DP have decided to wait for the next cycle and not rush it (god damn I want to rush it!!! Lol)

Bearface Thu 17-Jan-13 16:53:28

Hand holding at the ready then! I think that's fair enough Jelly. I know the whole timing of tests though can be so frustrating as the flippin test places aren't always open when you need them to be and/or you can't get to them on the day you need to. Sheesh! I've had to get up very early on a Sat morning a couple of times to go and get blood tests done at a drop in clinic miles away because it's the only one available on a Sat.

I've got another blood test tomorrow, but I do have a teensy weensy bit of good news, which is that I got the results back from my last 21 day test and it would seem that they came back fine and that I ovulated. Fingers crossed that the next ones are okay now.

Apart from that ERTD got me this morning, but I'm so pleased about tests results that I don't mind too much. smile

I'm sorry for you Hopeful. It's really hard and I know exactly how you feel, but I guess we just have to pick ourselves up and carry on in the hope that it will be us soon.

Setay and Hopeful - just for you: FANJO, FANJO, FANJO! grin

Sparkle002 Fri 18-Jan-13 15:00:48

Hello ladies, sorry been so busy with work and so on but because of snow today got sent home,..........how is everyone doing? Anyone tested yet? Or are we still waiting? Baby dust to ALL !!!![ thanks]

Sparkle002 Fri 18-Jan-13 15:04:08

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks Baby Dust thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

TallyGrenshall Fri 18-Jan-13 18:34:03

Evening all, it's Fuckity with a NC <twirls>

Well, after a back spasm in boxing day that I finally thought had sorted itself, my back has gone again today so I can do nothing but wait until it sorts itself out sad

Judging on my last few AF, my next one should be due in just over a week so will just have to wait with my fingers crossed

TallyGrenshall Fri 18-Jan-13 18:34:40

on boxing day blush

SeraHill Fri 18-Jan-13 23:15:36

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in! Started ttc number two a few months ago, though had to take a couple of months break in Dec/ Jan which was very hard as I am very broody lol! Me and my husband have agreed to start trying again for Feb.

My birthday is at the end of Feb right around the time a bfp would be due, so hoping (but not got to much hope for) catching next month.

Baby dust to all!

Bearface Mon 21-Jan-13 15:30:32

Hi, How's everyone getting on? Anyone going to be testing soon?

I have the joy of AF at the mo, so should be able to get back on the waggon at the end of this week. Yay!

Sparkle002 Mon 21-Jan-13 18:47:26

Hello bearface I'll be testing first week in feb so keeping everything crossed

TallyGrenshall Mon 21-Jan-13 18:54:20

I will be if AF hasn't shown in the next couple of weeks.

The more I think about it, the more I'm kinda hoping that AF shows up this month because I have been on a LOT of strong painkillers and I would be petrified of the effects of those but we shall see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now