Where's my postive opk?

(5 Posts)
setayharas Sun 13-Jan-13 18:45:07

So normally have a 31 day cycle last month I had a 32 day cycle and got a positive on day 18(this is 2nd month using opks)
Been testing twice a day once in the morning and after work about 6. Iv not even had a smidging of a positive this month and now worrying a bit that I haven't ovulated at all or that I might ovulate late and only have a short gap before af is due.

Bit confused dunno if anyone else understand these things a bit better than me

EuroShagmore Sun 13-Jan-13 19:47:01

What cycle day are you on now?

I've heard it's normal to have the odd anovulatory cycle, so try not to worry too much. I've also heard of people getting PG in months when they didn't get a positive OPK or a blood test for progesterone didn't indicate ovulation had happened.

SBoz12 Sun 13-Jan-13 19:53:28

I had the same problem when TTC - long cycles, hit and miss positive opk's, heartache each month etc etc. I can't help explaining it 'cos I think everyone is just different, some like clockwork, some not. My tip to all TTC is buy the clearblue fertility monitor. It's pricey, but you can find it cheaper on Amazon. It worked first month of trying it for us after over 12 months TTC and now we have a beautiful baby girl.
Good Luck smile

setayharas Sun 13-Jan-13 20:10:27

Thing that's confused me is I'm regular like clockwork normally. I'm
On cd19 now

Thanks for the replys, have been looking at the clue blue fertility monitors so will probably invest in one this month now and see how we get on with that. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that iv somehow missed my surge this month, cm indicates that I may have ovulated already but iv been drinking so much more this month( resolution) that it seemed more abundant anyway so who knows

Congrates on your baby girl bet its the best feeling in the world!

Soph80 Sun 13-Jan-13 20:19:30

Although my blood tests have previously come back as positive for ovulation, my fertility doc said its still possible that I don't ovulate every month. I'd just keep an eye on it for now. You say you've been drinking more, maybe your urine was too dilute? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now