Ding Ding! The February Bus is departing...C'mon Cupid, please deliver some BFPs

(1000 Posts)
BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 10-Jan-13 14:46:28

Hello all, I've been hanging around hoping to catch the February bus but it hasn't appeared....So I've decided to get this passion wagon on the road...Anyone else want to get on board?

Bridget&theHairyBrigands ttc#2 BFP due 1st February

Let's hope the month of luuurvve is lucky for us all...

Pixie001 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:46:43

ha - hello choc <passes wine> i do not think biscuits, flapjack or chocolate come into our 2st weight loss plans though. bridget are you on a strict healthy eating plan or a 'hopeful' healthy eating plan like me currently?! intend on stepping it up once i've got over AF woes and hitting gym more often too. choc you set yourself any targets?

pink sorry to see you join us <pours a glass of wine>. i've had some short cycles too, this one was slightly better with a 12 day LP. i know, it really is even more crap getting AF when you really really try - i seriously cant see why it didn't work! bridget my nether regions certainly did take a pounding! hmm

so who's got some exciting news to tell us about whilst we wait for this bus. to get moving..any good plans for wknd?

chocoloulou33 Fri 11-Jan-13 23:26:25

pixie its hard to concentrate on dieting as every month I think oh well I might get pg this month so what's the point! But gonna give it a go, my dp going to weight watchers thurs so fri we will both start being good from then! I won't go mad though, just cut down on all the crap & do some exercise! What about you? Me & dp having a lazy weekend as dd with her dad this weekend. So we just gonna chill as we haven't spent much time together since november as he's been working every hour under the sun for the christmas bonus! So plan is to wear onesies all day, watch films, takeaway etc. Will be rly nice smile

Pixie001 Sat 12-Jan-13 09:13:15

smile at choc's onesie wknd! Sounds very chilled, quality time with dps is so precious, you're right to make the most of it!

Dh and I are off to talk to some estate agents later as hoping to move this year. Spending tomorrow at a farm park(?!) with a friend and her 2DC. If I get to sit in a tractor I'll be happy!

I do need to set myself some targets to spur me into action so...half a stone by end feb. There, I've said it.

pinkmoonlight Sat 12-Jan-13 12:58:58

Thanks pixie smile I have probably over-reacted. Just marched into town and have returned with vitamin b6, a clear blue fertility monitor, conception vitamins for DH and a new conception book. I will spend my way out of this situation! DH is a bit confused and thinks he has married a lunatic!

padster75 Sat 12-Jan-13 13:23:12

Well ladies I didn't think I would be hopping on this bus, but thanks to af's cruel tricks here I am, so room for one naughty one? Going to go and hug a hot water bottle and a bottle of merlot while I stuff my face with pate ............ pick a swear word, any swear word and insert here

TTC #2 (16 year age gap ....... get me!!) Cycle 4 BFP February 10th

Ariel21 Sat 12-Jan-13 13:33:57

Can I jump on board? Super excited about starting TTC at the end of Jan, still waiting for AF post-Mirena removal so not sure of my cycle yet. HOWEVER I have jelly babies and a flask of coffee so I could sit at the back?

Ariel21 age 29 TTC#1 BFP due ???

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 12-Jan-13 19:07:39

Evening fellow passengers, sorrry I didn't update the list last night. Mr Hairy and I started this cycle's shag-fest instead (well, our version of it - we are never get anywhere remotely near double figures)

On the bus:

chocoloulou33 ttc#2 BFP due 1st Feb
hawkmcqueen ttc#3 BFP due 1st Feb
omama ttc#2 cycle 11 BFP due 1st Feb
Bridget&theHBs ttc#2 BFP due 1st Feb (but won't be testing until later)
Aquarius1 ttc#1 BFP due 2nd Feb
BourbonsandTea ttc#2 BFP due ?
lovesthechaos3 ttc#4 BFP due 5th Feb
DeliaSmithy ttc#1 BFP due 5th Feb
Pixie001 ttc#1 cycle5 BFP due 5th Feb
padster75 ttc#2 cycle 4 BFP due 10th Feb
LondonSuperTrooper ttc#2 BFP due?
pinkmoonlight ttc#1 BFP due?
Ariel21 29yrs ttc#1 BFP due?
TheCatIsEatingIt ttc#? BFP due?

At the bus stop/on the Jan bus/with a reservation:

PixieNix
Lyndsey90
setayharas

Please say if I've been a numb-skull and got any details wrong...

MotherOfCleo Sat 12-Jan-13 19:16:14

Hi ladies, im lurking on the jan bus and hope that by the time the feb bus is ready to depart i'll have a bun in the oven. I'm on cd10 and like choc the BD had started wink

Im bringing choc chip cookie and chicken flavour sensations crisps altho unless you get in quick I will demolish the crisps along with wine, cider an shloer for the many of us who will get upduffed on this bus!!

Feel bad for you pixie 12 is mental an should give you a positive for sure! Im going for 14 this month....eeek. Everything crossed apart from my legs that is works! wink

MotherOfCleo Sat 12-Jan-13 19:19:50

bridget can you add me

MotherOfCleo, 29, TTC#1, cycle 4, BFP due 1st Feb

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 12-Jan-13 19:44:41

Hello MotherOfCleo happy to add you on (or you can? It's definitely open to anyone to have a tinker smile)

Oh thanks, I'd love a splash of shloer (aka 'children's wine' in the Hairy house) as I'm trying to have a dry January. Crisps aren't my thang, so they are safe from me.

Pixie001 - can I join you with your half a stone target? I am most definitely on the 'hopeful' healthy eating plan at the moment (love that description of it choco)

padster - Hmmm, how naughty are you? I hope you're not going to stand up when the bus is moving and distract the driver? No pulling faces in the top-deck mirror... grin

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 12-Jan-13 19:50:34

Sorry Pixie that's your phrase - I obviously have chocolate on the brain...

TheCatIsEatingIt Sat 12-Jan-13 19:56:06

Good evening. Thanks for adding me. Anyone for more wine?

DH has gone to the pub, so there won't be any shagging tonight. sad I shall eat curry in industrial quantities, and start the diet again tomorrow. Christmas chocolate still needs tidying up; anyone for chocolate orange?

We're ttc #1, by the way - hoping it'll work, we've both spent years trying to avoid it...

BeQuicksieorBeDead Sat 12-Jan-13 20:04:23

Can I get on the bus please?! Totally pissed off after a monster seven week cycle that ended today...have been driving myself round the bend with pregnancy tests! Now I am drinking wine, looking forward to crying at my doctor next week, and wondering when the hell my bfp is due! Probably February. And I promise I won't be this manic all month...as my dp will probably move in to the shed if I keep it up!

This is our fourth cycle of proper trying after a mmc at twelve weeks last year. I feel emotionally much better, but the waiting makes me feel slightly unhinged!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 12-Jan-13 20:59:05

Hello BeQuick- not surprised you're feeling peed off. A seven week cycle would test anyone's sanity. Feel free to have a good old rant.

I'm so very sorry you have been through the agony of a pregnancy loss. I miscarried last year but was 'grateful' (if that is the right word) that things were very obviously going wrong (cramps, spotting, then heavier bleeding etc.) It gave me a couple of days to prepare for the worst. I can't imagine the terrible shock of a mmc.

Fingers crossed this is the last bus we all join.

hawkmcqueen Sat 12-Jan-13 21:08:25

Hi TheCat, good idea, I just polished off an Indian, yummy!

Thanks Bridget and Aquarius for the tea and sympathy :-)

Well I'm having a Becks blue, going for 1/2 a dry January (Dec ran into Jan oops!)

Dtd already this morn! so prob no shenanigans in this house tonite. So that's #2 of dtd for this cycle. It's very funny posting this stuff as I don't even talk to my girlfriends about the detail! Ha!

hawkmcqueen Sat 12-Jan-13 21:29:26

Sorry for cross posting over Bequick and Bridget, and sorry to hear you're feeling really rubbish Bequick <reaches over for hug>

flowersfortea Sat 12-Jan-13 21:52:13

Evening all! (waves at familiar faces, hi Bridget, hi London)

May I squeeze onto the back row? AF here after 6 weeks (and bfn), grumpy old me, but about to pour a second glass of malbec without a trace of guilt. Think February will be very slim chances for us as very busy work for both DH and me over the next few weeks, but fingers crossed just in case!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 12-Jan-13 23:30:52

Hi flowers nice to see you again (although obviously it would be better if we were meeting on an antenatal club thread!)

I think sometimes the busy months are best - less time to obsess and no high BFP expectations to be dashed.

Gosh, the back row is popular, reminds me of school coach trips! Have we got anyone with travel sickness sitting at the front with a paper bag?

MotherOfCleo Sat 12-Jan-13 23:53:26

Hi bridget im on my phone and cant copy from the thread....sorry.

Please can I bagsy this seat near the middle? Im not great on busses, tend to feel a bit sicky. Attractive huh blush

I need some stern talking to guys! I want this SO badly this month that Im already a bit obsessed and its only cd10....eeek. To think Ive spent my whole life trying not to get pregnant and now that is all I want. How ironic. hmm

lyndsey90 Sun 13-Jan-13 00:36:27

motherofcleo I've just found out my 18 year old sister is pregnant (again) and is planning on having an abortion.... Life is unfair!! :'( xxx

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 13-Jan-13 08:38:10

Oh Lyndsey that is hard to come to terms with - life is definitely unfair sad

chocoloulou33 Sun 13-Jan-13 09:00:36

lyndsey (((hugs))) for you hun. Does your sis know ur ttc?
cleo I know what its like to be obsessed hun. Past few months I've been like that, but my dp calmed me down after I got my af & said I needed to stop thinking about it so much, easier said then done I know! But its working so far, am just enjoying the bd'ing! When I'm on the 2ww I'll prob be a bit more stressed as I hate it lol. We can stress together. I won't be doing early tests though, hate to see a bfn! I know its even harder when trying for your first, I concieved my dd on month 4 though so maybe u'll be the same smile x

MotherOfCleo Sun 13-Jan-13 09:11:10

oh lyndsey that must really hurt! From the sounds of things she is either a very young mum or this will be her second abortion, either must be really tough on you! sad

MotherOfCleo Sun 13-Jan-13 09:15:21

choc he doesnt really know, outwardly everything is normal an we are the same as always but in my mind its never far from the front (if that makes sense). We are going for the heaps of sex approach this month, I am using my OPKs but only to be sure I OV, we will be dtd anyway. Around 14 times if I have my way lol wink

BeQuicksieorBeDead Sun 13-Jan-13 10:29:29

What a lovely bus queue!

flowers we are in the same super situation then! 6/7 week cycles had better not become the norm, I have enough trouble keeping track of 28 days!

bridget thank you...yes at the time it was horrible, we found out at the dating scan and in all honesty I had no inkling that anything could be wrong....I skipped off to hospital telling my boss I would only be half an hour! Even without the mmc that was embarrassingly optimistic!

Thanks for the hug hawk I will feel better once my gp has talked me down from all the stuff I have read on google. I have gone through three weeks of menopause/thyroid/pcos/etc imagining!

Fingers crossed for everyone on board - hopefully we all get snowed in to help with the cause!

This thread is not accepting new messages.