Missing marina coil

(4 Posts)
Chopsypie Wed 09-Jan-13 14:37:24

I've had one come out, and IME you would know about it!
I had strange crampy pains for a few days, then a stabbing type pain until I had a rummage and realised it had come down.

Pootlingalong Wed 09-Jan-13 14:33:58

This is apparently quite common. If you're not having periods, not pregnant and haven't seen it fall out it's probably still there. The scan will tell you one eay or another but most sexual health clinics have somebody who is trained to try to get the strings down. Are you using other contraception while you wait to find out?

in the absence of any major bleeding I would imagine the coil is still there but the strings have been pushed up through the cervix. I am kind of worried thats whats happened to mine as my strings were incredibly short to start with but too scared to go and find out! (They found it hard to locate the strings at my 6 week coil check)

Boo28 Wed 09-Jan-13 11:18:06

Hi I'm new on here and need some help. I went for a smear and coil change yesterday, she did smear but the told me she couldn't find my strings. she had a good rummage around and still nothing.
I'm being sent for a scan to try and find it but I'm concerned that its fallen out. I don't have periods and have had no bleeding.
It was there 2 months ago as I was at the Gyno and he mentioned seeing the strings.
Pls any advice thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now