Starting clomid soon

(10 Posts)
Alexandra6 Fri 11-Jan-13 10:43:02

How is it going for you mumalah? Are you ovulating? Were you ovulating at all pre-clomid? They've only put me down for three cycles, followed by IUI and then IVF, I'm not sure why as I was hoping to give it a bit longer to work, am going to push them to give it more time. I really hope it works for both of us, as all the hot flushes and dizziness would be well worth it then! smile

mumalah Fri 11-Jan-13 00:09:49

Hi, I'm on 3rd cycle and I would recomend taking it at night, so you can sleep through side effects. My first round I had hot flushes through the night and felt dizzy on the last two days of taking it. Fortunatly on 2nd and 3rd cycle I only had the hot flushes. Also I agree with the ladies above, about monitoring.
Good Luck !

Alexandra6 Thu 10-Jan-13 14:25:21

Woop Florin, I hope that happens for me! Thanks fran and attila, I am with Homerton and they do monitor you, I don't think they do day 21 tests as they scan you on day 8-10 (and again if necessary) to see if you are about to ovulate and how many are there. I don't think I ovulate at all because of PCOS as far as I can tell.

Anyone else tried it or trying it soon?

What's your story by the way attila, I've seen you on here and you always seem to know lots about PCOS/ttc?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Thu 10-Jan-13 14:02:01

Be aware that some people get side effects on the drug. Personally I had night sweats, but others report headaches, nightmares, etc.

As Atilla says, make sure you are monitored with scans and/or blood tests. Clomid didn't work for me, but hopefully you will fare better!

Florin Thu 10-Jan-13 13:44:33

Good luck! I took clomid and got pregnant on my 2nd go. Now have a wonderful 6 month old little boy. It is all worth it in the end :-)

Florin Thu 10-Jan-13 13:42:41

G

Do not take this without being monitored whilst on it. Clomid is actually quite powerful stuff; no monitoring is unacceptable as it means you have no idea of whether its working or not.

Clomid's main job is to make the ovaries work harder.

Alexandra6 Thu 10-Jan-13 12:48:30

Thanks for the good luck! Shame about it thinning your lining, is there anything you can do diet-wise to improve that? Good luck to you too.

If anyone else has any experience of clomid (or tips) please let me know! smile

keepitgoing Wed 09-Jan-13 06:59:35

Hi, just wanted to say make sure they scan you, as I took clomid last month and it thinned my lining far too much so I've had to change to letrozole.

Good luck!

Alexandra6 Tue 08-Jan-13 22:09:44

Hi, I'm hoping to start clomid in Feb (or whenever my next cycle comes!) Is anyone else starting soon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now