Ttc

(3 Posts)
mrsL1984 Tue 08-Jan-13 18:00:09

I had a mmc 14 December , not yet had monthly cycle. When do u guys think is an appropriate time to ttc again??? X

Irishmammybread Tue 08-Jan-13 18:36:55

Hi, sorry to hear of your miscarriage.
What advice have you been given from your doctor?
I was told after my natural miscarriages to wait for my period to arrive before trying again but I think medical professionals like you to do that because it makes dating a subsequent pregnancy more easy.
I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks last March, AF arrived 5 weeks later(counting first day of bleeding as day 1), I ovulated and conceived cd14 but sadly miscarried again at about 6 weeks.
Because this was early and I only bled for a week we didn't wait to try again and conceived that cycle, having ovulated again on cd14.
Unfortunately we discovered at 10 weeks that baby had died at 8w6d,I waited to miscarry naturally which happened at 12 weeks. AF then arrived 5 weeks later.
There is a theory that you are more fertile in the months after a miscarriage(though it hasn't proved so for me since the last mc in Sept!) .
I don't know if different advice is given after an erpc or medical management and it also depends if you feel physically and emotionally ready to try again.
Good luck!

mrsL1984 Tue 08-Jan-13 18:52:34

Oh I'm sorry to hear of ur miscarriages! Doctor didn't really say anything ... Didn't get much support from hospital if I'm honest! I had a erop and heard that because you have had a good clean out so to speak your more fertile! Was second mmc last was 2008! So not sure on anything! Thanks for taking time to reply x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now