TTC first baby starting Feb

(11 Posts)
Skinnywhippet Wed 06-Feb-13 17:40:57

Hi there! Implanon out in 2 weeks so I will be TTC from end of feb. such a novice. Just going to take folic acid and dtd. Good luck everyone! I'm not that bothered whether I conceive this year, but would rather start typifying now in case any problems with fertility are found.

Franykins Fri 01-Feb-13 15:07:28

I stopped taking my pill 3 days ago, mid pack, after having the chat with my BF. I didn't want to wait for the end of my pack as I am very excited about TTC. I've started to have my WD bleed today but I want to know if I then start counting from today for my cycle or from my next period? It's all a bit confusing coming off the pill! I'm 30 and my BF is 36, I've been waiting years to be in this position and am probably gonna go mad with the waiting lol.

Also I am new to this so don't understand all the abbreviations lol.

Sshsecretenclosed Sat 26-Jan-13 17:02:50

Exact same situation as me, I'll finish my pack in two weeks too and try ttc for the very first time! Excited, scared, nervous. Xxxx

WaspFactory Tue 08-Jan-13 22:05:10

Similar situation here, just come off Cerazette yesterday, had a bit of bleeding today. Not noticed the sex drive increase yet (although it is high already so BF will be in trouble!)

Elektra83 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:29:39

Hahaha! It's calmed down a bit now, but I think that's just because I am shattered from Christmas/NY and planning/organising a surprise party for my sister at the weekend!

I'm sure I will harass him in a few days again wink

phoenix72 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:27:20

Sorry if that's a really personal question lol.

phoenix72 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:26:45

I think my OH will be the same, not that he'd complain of course!! Has it settled down or are you still pouncing on him constantly? smile

Elektra83 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:23:10

No worries!

My best friend kept telling me that was the reason she came off the pill...I listened but never thought that was happening to me! My OH is also very happy and was initially a bit weirded out by me pouncing on him all the time!

phoenix72 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:21:12

Thanks Elektra, it's nice to know someone else is a little scared too!

I missed a pill in Dec at the start of the pack and my sex drive went up for a few days, so maybe that'll happen to me too! Hubby will be pleased lol. grin

Nothing is TMI really, I'd rather know the full details than be caught unawares lol. Better forewarned and all that!

Elektra83 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:15:40

Hi Phoenix

I came off of the pill (Microgynon) in December and had a withdrawal bleed a few days later...from previous experience I remember my periods being very heavy and painful after coming off the pill. However this wasn't pill related - they were just my normal periods coming back! I went back to my normal cycle quite quickly then, not sure about now as just waiting for my first proper period.

The biggest thing I noticed about coming off of the pill was that my sex drive increased (sorry if that's tmi!).

I'm scared about the lifestyle change too, I think that's normal, a lot will change for us, but I think hope it will be worth it.

Definitely with you, good luck! smile

phoenix72 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:06:24

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and don't really know what to expect. My hubby and I have agreed to try for our first baby in Feb. I'll come off the pill in 2 weeks as I want to finish this pack first. I've been on the pill for 12 years since I was 16 so have no idea what my cycles will be like.

Can anyone tell me what to expect when coming off the pill?

Also, I want a baby, but I'm terrified of the life change this will mean. Is anyone else scared too?

I suppose I'm looking for some support in this scary and exciting time! Is anyone with me?

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now