9 days late for AF but 2 x BFN. Anyone else been through this?

(182 Posts)
bluefreckles Mon 07-Jan-13 15:13:04

I am now 9 days late but have no BFP sad
I did a pg test early morning on 3rd Jan = BFN. I then did a second pg rest after work on 4th = BFN. Both tests were 'first response - 6 days earlier'.
I'm now very confused and worried. Really thought I was pg but now not so sure.
I have no AF symptoms either. Very tired and struggling to concentrate, bloated stomach, occasional cramping and have been peeing quite a bit. Have felt a teensy bit queasy occasionally but why the BFN?
Has anyone been through this and got a BFP eventually?

Girraferama Wed 09-Jan-13 20:24:06

Ahh 52 then - even worse!!

JellyBeanDavey Wed 09-Jan-13 20:24:22

This is very true, blue (hehe that rhymes)

Does anyone else imagine their reactions if they were to get a bfn just before testing?

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 20:25:31

When I created this thread I should have named it 'Missed AF but BFN Bus'. Getting quite a following now!
Least it means none of us are alone smile

PharmaGirl Wed 09-Jan-13 20:25:52

Blue : even if my Af was 1 day?

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 20:28:26

I'm no expert but yes, I think so... smile

PurplePoppySeed Wed 09-Jan-13 20:30:14

Pharma girl, I'm afraid the only advice/comparison I can offer is that for the first year after coming off the pill every single period I had was different in terms of pain/duration/flow, I wouldn't worry unless the pain doesn't go away, it sounds like ovary pains but could also be IBS type irritation which can often feel the same and be caused by monthly cycles?

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 20:58:18

Girra - were you on the pill?

PharmaGirl Wed 09-Jan-13 21:10:12

Thanks ladies time to start planning next ovulation :-)

leo16 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:38:30

Hi

I have been googling like mad about this recently! I'm now 10 days late and have been getting bfn. So frustrating not knowing and I keep going between thinking I may be pregnant then not.

I was due smear when 7 days late but nurse decided not to do it as could be pregnant but just too early to show, which got my hopes up again. All out of tests so resisting until cheap ones I ordered arrive.

Hope there are some positives here soon.

extracrunchy Wed 09-Jan-13 21:42:25

Yep. I had a 79 day cycle last summer (normally ~32 days). All BFNs. Had a blood test and scan to check nothing was up. All normal - just a blip.

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 21:42:35

Leo - you're very welcome. We're all in the same boat and sending positive thoughts to all! x

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 21:49:36

Crunchy - welcome too. Are you still TTC? smile

JellyBeanDavey Wed 09-Jan-13 21:53:03

What are these cheap peeing sticks from eBay I keep hearing about. I NEED some!!

JellyBeanDavey Wed 09-Jan-13 21:55:44

What are these cheap peeing sticks from eBay I keep hearing about. I NEED some!!

mmmmsleep Wed 09-Jan-13 22:11:18

Was 12d post due period with neg test. Went to wedding. Got pished. Next day positive test....ds asleep next door!

JellyBeanDavey Wed 09-Jan-13 22:16:50

Aaww sleep that's nice! If only it was like that for us! I just hope I get a bfn.

JellyBeanDavey Wed 09-Jan-13 22:17:39

A bfn??? Haha I have plenty of them, a BFP I mean LOL

Girraferama Wed 09-Jan-13 22:19:15

Hey blue yes I was and doc has said it's prob just irregular due to that (only stopped in Aug) so I'm assuming that, even though previous 4 were very regular. Just annoying as don't know if and when to expect AF!

Girraferama Wed 09-Jan-13 22:21:40

jellybean I got these from Amazon after someone on here recommended them

www.amazon.co.uk/15-Ultra-Early-Pregnancy-Available/dp/B0026RQ75W

extracrunchy Wed 09-Jan-13 22:46:16

We're having a bit of a break as we got a bit obsessed (went mental - got thrush, carried on regardless, hurt, got in bizarre pattern of DH erm sorting himself out till he was almost done, then making his deposit! grin Tmi soz...) but will be back on it soon. It'll probably happen when we're not trying!

bluefreckles Wed 09-Jan-13 22:52:06

Loving this thread everyone! We must all try and remember to update on here with our outcomes (when we eventually get them) - will help future generations! wink

JellyBeanDavey Thu 10-Jan-13 00:17:47

I'm feeling grumbles in my tummy! I think an angry AF is on her way!

Girraferama Thu 10-Jan-13 06:49:53

Ok ladies now I need you! Just done another test (spurred on by bloated ness, ill fitting clothes and yesterday's posts!) I've got a faint positive! Totally thrown now! Could it be wrong? Do I do another one? Buy an expensive one? Wait a few days? Since its been so long (cd53 and counting!) could this be early sign from ovulation this month? In a total spin, don't want to tell DH and get his hopes up!

bluefreckles Thu 10-Jan-13 08:11:15

Girra - I did another test this morning too but still got BFP.
Do another test - maybe a digital one? How exciting! You may be our first BFP! grin

Girraferama Thu 10-Jan-13 08:25:50

Thanks blue stupidly threw away left over wee so going to try and wait Til first one tomorrow.. Have crazy busy day at work and won't get home until late so hopefully it will keep my mind off it. Really trying not to get too excited in case it's a blip!!

Sorry your was bfn... There's still time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now