anyone fancy joining me for 2WW?

(84 Posts)
qazxc Sun 06-Jan-13 14:20:05

right had my HCG surge on 4th of jan, so should be O around today. Anybody fancy joining me in the two week wait?

modernvickyp Fri 18-Jan-13 12:18:41

Can I join? Would like to inform the world of official hacked-offness with knicker checking!

Ov'd around 31st December (didn't use sticks but have a very good idea after being at this a long time) and due to Christmas Holidays was actually able to DTD 3 times.

AF due Tue/Weds this week and as of half an hour ago no sign of AF. I am very regular within a day or so and am now slowly going out of my mind.

However, have peed on three sticks and go BFN each time. How the hell am I going to get through the weekend before testing again?! Have been having AF type pains on and off since Tuesday but no other symptoms. Bugger and damnation.

modernvickyp Fri 18-Jan-13 12:21:45

Babyrose - sorry that she got you today. I always spend this day looking at different ovulation calendars and lettimg OH know when he should be 'prepared'. He loves that not.

2cats222 Fri 18-Jan-13 12:29:40

ModernVicky - sensible advice is to wait 48 hours and PoAS but certain you know that! So I say just keep peeing, it's what ICs were made for! If it was me I would be peeing on at least 3 sticks a day! Appreciate this is terrible advice. FX for you tho, sounds promising - it's not over til the stupid witch cackles and all that! As for knicker checking - pah I just got more spotting so struggling to even convince myself I'm in with a chance. Plus hubby clearly now thinks I am up to something strange in the toilet and seems alarmed at the number of times I've headed in there today! Meh

modernvickyp Fri 18-Jan-13 12:46:59

2cats222 - Meh indeed. Currently eating anything I can get my hands on in an attempt to make myself feel better (it isn't working) and deciding whether I should be drinking alcohol this weekend. It will definately be noticed by friends if I don't - who know we are trying and will therefore put two and two together and come up with triplets!

Maybe I'll test again in the morning!! As you can probably tell from my eating habits willpower is not something that is within my posession.

I gather that spotting can mean all sorts of things so until she is there in full flo you are still in with a shout! Fx.

Just off to the kitchen for another snack and after that might treat myself to another trip to the toilet.

2cats222 Fri 18-Jan-13 13:25:21

ModernVicky - can you run with the antibiotics so not drinking excuse to buy you time? I think I'm out for this month - it's becoming more than spotting. Please keep me updated, will transfer my hoping onto you! At least now I can have a break from knicker checking, was starting to get worn out elastic from whipping them down so much wink

twentythirteen Fri 18-Jan-13 13:26:57

So are there ucrrent 2ww'ers? I'm 5 dpo. Last time I had clear signs by dpo 6 ish, each time was a different sign, but each unmistakable for its oddness. Who's symptom spotting now? Any hopefuls? I'll read back over the thread but have only just logged on.

SeriousStuff Fri 18-Jan-13 15:19:47

I'm a 2ww-er! No idea what my dpo is as have had what looked like EWCM on three separate (non-consecutive) days this month, today included! I have 10 days until AF is due. The wait is killing me and I'm now at the stage where I think anything happening in my body is a symptom!

MrsSpencerReid Fri 18-Jan-13 17:10:32

AF due tomorrow (bites nails) I really don't think I'm preg but untill she arrives I'm desperately hoping!! hmm to those of you she had already got

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 18-Jan-13 17:53:36

Sorry the spottings got worse 2cats.

modern you could tell people you are doing the dry January thing. They might still think you are pregnant though.

Well still no spotting from me (12dpo). I have a short lp so af is due tomorrow. Really hope she stays away. I have had symptoms during the 2ww, the nausea has gone away but am very tired. Trying not to read too much into it as my body seems to make up symptoms.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 18-Jan-13 18:04:10

mrsspencer ooh me too me too. Af is due tomorrow. Do you have any symptoms or spotting yet?

twentythirteen Fri 18-Jan-13 18:29:12

So glad there's a thread for the anxious symptom spotting! Good luck tomorrow Mrs and When. Cats, I've always wondered about saying "I have a bad hangover from a late one last night" as it implies the opposite of not drinking, you know "so and so came over with a bottle of baileys and we drank the whole thing, can you believe it". You can get away with the January cleanse just about but it expires soon. Either way, when you're not having a drink people are wondering so I now occassionally have a non alcoholic night with friends just so that I have cover for future pregnancies! Is that crazy? If I'm honest I'm losing the taste for alcohol anyway and an open bottle of wine can last in the house for a week (OH doesn't like it).

SS from me today is that I have had ovary twinges, so of course I think I've got an ectopic pg. And I just had an afternoon nap from being tired because, of course I'm pg, nothing at all to do with waking up too early.

The earliest I could test would be next wednesday, 10 dpo but my periods aren't exactly regular and I could normally expect af to come anytime from Wednesday to Sunday next week.

setayharas Fri 18-Jan-13 18:43:51

I'm tww! 4dpo at the mo, nothing to report on all boring here, iv had heartburn since Xmas I always get about a weeks worth of ov cramps. So nothing out the ordinary, I just want a big YOUR PREG sign.

Trying to decide if I can have a bath and a glass of wine tonight. Have this stupid feeling that if I have a glass and there is some kinda god dishing out the bfps he may decide I'm not worthy as I had a glass lol (am I mad)

Been trying to get dog to sit on my lap on the hope he might sense a impending pregnancy lol (I'm sure I read somewhere they just no)

I give it till Monday and I think I will have officially lost the plot

MrsSpencerReid Fri 18-Jan-13 20:40:17

When, I think I might have just had a bfp, no symptoms before but I feel sick now!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 18-Jan-13 21:03:28

mrs what do you mean you think you have just had a BFP and now you feel sick? Have you poas and got a BFP?

So excited

MrsSpencerReid Fri 18-Jan-13 21:06:28

I poas earlier and got a really faint line! I'm sure the nausea is all in my head, does that make more sense?!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Fri 18-Jan-13 21:12:34

Yes that makes a lot of sense congratulations.

Not looking so good here cm has gone all pinky (it always does this the day before af).

Congrats again.

Soph80 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:42:26

Guff -yes! Lost count on the million and one pointless pregnancy tests I've taken!

I'm on the dreaded 2ww too (yet again) :-/

modernvickyp Sat 19-Jan-13 17:35:44

Mrs - congratulations! How very exciting.

Well we're still here - through massive sense of willpower have not POAS today. AF appears to still not to be in the house, still feels like she is on her way but have had cramps all week, bubles a bit sore today also. So, the wait goes on!

Have to admit that I did go to the pub and I did have a drink. But am definately staying in and on the wagon tonight. Bet beeping AD turns up tomorrow just to spite me!

Will toast with a diet coke the wicked witch stayiung away for one and all. Good luck ladies.

Littlebearlost Sat 19-Jan-13 17:42:51

I'm due wed but I already know I'm not pregnant. I will probably still test but really in my heart know it's a waste of money! With ds I knew after about a week that I was pregnant. I didn't really need to do the test I was so certain!
Congratulations mrs, sounds hopeful!

SeriousStuff Sat 19-Jan-13 18:57:20

MrsSpencerReid that sounds very positive! Congratulations!

modernvickyp I hear you! I've just had a small ale...trying to act "normal" in case AF does show up next week.

Had more EWCM yesterday, but today it's definitely creamy and I've had AF-style back pains all day but AF not due for at least another week. DH keeps telling me to stop thinking about it, but it's so difficult when these things are happening to your body, and if you're like me, aware of every twinge and possible symptom!

modernvickyp Sun 20-Jan-13 13:07:46

So, am still in the hunt this month. Have cramps again - have had them on and off since Tuesday so not sure what this means. Still pant checking everytime I go to the loo! But, WILL wait until tomorrow first thing to POAS!

Serious - have not idea how not to keep thinking about it - the possibility is so wanted and has so many repurcussions that it is not possible not to think about. I have the opposite problem where OH keeps saying 'do you think we've cracked it this month' and 'I think my little man is in there' - he is an engineer not a fecking doctor so how could he know! He fails to realise that I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up as they have been dashed so many times! Was in exactly this situation 18 months ago and think I had a chemical so trying hard not to get over excited.

Fingers crossed for all this month (or the very next). wanders off to the toilet to check pants and daydream about telling witch of a boss that she now has to factor my maternity leave in to her beeping business plan....must calm down

twentythirteen Sun 20-Jan-13 13:12:53

Congrats Mrs! Ooh, jealous here.

I was just googling about my weird ovary cramping that picked up for a few days and then went. Apparently the egg can be fertilised in the fallopian tubes and then spends two or three days travelling out. If I'm wrong about my dates, i.e. if I didn't ovulate immediately after the positive opk then it would make sense time wise. I actually don't think I'm going to be crushed if AF comes this month as it's the first ttc post mc and I keep having to look at my diary just to remember what cd/dpo I am. And I do love a bit of attention seeking snow! Ooh, and it's marmalade making season...

How do you know you're not pg "little"?

MrsSpencerReid Sun 20-Jan-13 19:35:55

Little, I was sure I wasn't, mainly due to a lack of DTD! but a digi test spelt it out for me grin you never know, fingers crossed for everyone

modernvickyp Mon 21-Jan-13 13:14:20

FFS - 6 days late, tummy cramps, no AF and BFN. Danmnit! Waited the three days (almost) and everything. Seriously cheesed off now.

What do I do now? Anyone had the same (with positive outcome preferably)?!!

lyndsey90 Mon 21-Jan-13 17:11:08

A friend of mine got her bfp 8 days after missed af modernvicky so fx!

My af due today, had no spotting or anything yet, tested yesterday morning as suddenly came down with head cold, thought it might be a sign of lowered immune system but got bfn.... Constant knicker checking all day keeping my OH updated via text haha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now