First month ttc, anyone in the same boat and want to get excited with me?

(299 Posts)
Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:29:50

Hi all, this is my first month TTC after waiting to TTC for 14 months so I am very excited ( and a lil scared). I am 26 and this will b r first baby. So if anyone else is in the same situation, come and join me and we can get excited together! (grin)

LovesTheOutdoors Tue 15-Jan-13 23:06:57

Gosh this waiting game makes time drag a bit doesn't it!
Haven't heard from blue in a while, hope all is ok with you?
sunshine I don't think we can have tmi on this post! It's great that you get a sign that you are ovulating, hope a baby is being made as we speak!
dowk it's nice to have you with us! You sound very in the know about what happens when - I think I'm a bit clueless about it all!

So who is planning on testing in the next week?

Sunshine2013Hopefully Wed 16-Jan-13 09:28:57

loves u made my stomach flip there, it's weird to think something is happening in there right now! Wish our wombs were rigged up like the big brother house so we cud see what's happening/ or not happening as the case may be!

I noticed from your earlier post loves that ur af or bfp (whispers incase I ginx it) is due today? Any sign/symptoms? When r u going to test?

I think myself and setay have only entered our 2ww so we have a while to go b4 testing unfortunately. Altho it seems dowks shud b testing soon?

Come on this thread needs some bfps!

aj86 Wed 16-Jan-13 10:01:39

Hi again, another update from me! After what seems like the longest 2 weeks ever I think my AF should be due this week (yesterday by my calculations but they could be wrong as I only came off the pill in December). I haven't had any AF symptoms, so I'm not sure if it's on the way or not! Been getting bouts of nausea from time to time, and it's pretty bad this morning (but no actual chucking up!). With the possible implantation bleed last week and a couple of days of feeling really crappy I keep thinking I should POAS but I think I'd rather see AF than a BFN, so I'm too scared!

How long do you think I should wait for AF to show up? I've got a couple of tests waiting in the bathroom cabinet...

Fx for everyone testing soon!

DawnOfTheDee Wed 16-Jan-13 10:31:16

Can I join please?

I have no idea about cycles and when i'm ovulating etc - I'm a complete novice at this!

I already have one DD who is 1 next week. She was unplanned so this is my first time actually trying to conceive.

I came off the pill just after christmas and haven't had an af yet.

roofio87 Wed 16-Jan-13 11:01:27

Ahh aj86 there's no way I could be waiting with tests in the cupboard!! Haha. it takes about 2 weeks from when u think u ovulated for it to show up on a test so if u did conceive u could Probs test now. but its not gonna do any harm to wait!!
fx its good news for you!!x

Sunshine2013Hopefully Wed 16-Jan-13 11:50:34

Aj86 I'd test now!
U have the patience of a saint if u could wait with tests in the house and those symptoms! wish I was as patient! Lol

Altho fmu is better, so maybe if u cud wait tomaro morning mite give u a more accurate result!

Fx for you!! Please keep us informed!

setayharas Wed 16-Jan-13 12:37:37

aj86 test in the morning! how have u managed to hold off all this time! im already trying to decide when itll be safe for me to test haha

got my ultrasound thursday see if any cysts have re appeared or anything else down there. quite nervous thatll ill get some horific news or itll in someway disrupt any implantation that may otherwise occur.(ill worry about anything lol)

pleaseeeeee keep us updated aj

and welcome dee have a brew

aj86 Wed 16-Jan-13 15:17:52

I think I might take the plunge tomorrow morning with fmu. Is it weird to be terrified of a BFN? I just know I'll be totally gutted now I've had all these signs sad

Good luck for your ultrasound setay

Dowk31 Wed 16-Jan-13 16:52:06

2 more days to wait smile smile smile I think I'm getting far too excited now so the days are dragging in. Anyone else testing this weekend? Tbh I have learnt everything from this website it's been a godsend! And sometimes I google to back it up. One thing that seems to conflict is how long sperm can live once inside - read 3 days, then somewhere else it says 7 days? Anyone got the answer lol x

Meemawandmoonpie Wed 16-Jan-13 17:16:19

Evening all.
Can I join in? First month TTC after being on the evil pill for 15 years. No signs of AF or PG yet, just brushing up on everything, as have no idea what my cycle is etc!
But FX for all of you xx

homebyninethirty Wed 16-Jan-13 18:33:02

Hey guys, can I join too? I came off the pill in December and will be starting TTC really soon...just wanting to wait and see if I get a period in the next few weeks so I can figure out my cycles again. I'm 26, and this will be our first baby...am super excited because we've been talking about it for nearly a year now and it's finally here! smile
I think my OH will be pretty happy that I've finally joined this forum so I can get a regular "baby conversation" fix, rather than storing it all up for when he gets home each night...won't stop me regularly ambushing him and demanding to know what he thinks of this name or that Moses basket though smile.
Fingers crossed for everyone! xx

roofio87 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:37:09

Haha homebyninethirty my bf is the same. I wanna keep it from my friends till I get good news but I love talking about it!! so exciting when you've decided to take this step!!
this first month is so exciting,but trying not to get into too much of a frenzy and be patient!! grin

setayharas Wed 16-Jan-13 18:42:26

lol my bf is worse than me, he told everyone we knew that after xmas we would officially be trying so everyone in the whole of essex is aware that we are at it like rabbits. i went home on my lunch break today to get one last shot in before the old eggy dies and as i came bck a colleague said enjoy that did u u dirty cow and everyone giggled safe to say i have no secrets lol and i quite like it as everyone knows why i get upset and why i believe i am having every ache and pain under the sun every month.

i couldn't do without the tmi conversations on here tho. i think showing bf my cm this month nearly pushed him over the edge lol

roofio87 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:56:46

setay haha yeah I think that might be going a bit far!! love that everyone in your work knows! I can't wait to unexpectadly spring it on people when i am pregnant!! I've had to over share with the bf cos he doesn't have a clue, sometimes i think he thinks that people just get pregnant by magic!! x

setayharas Wed 16-Jan-13 19:02:08

poor bf's not their fault aye. to be honest until i started ttc i was sure all i have to do was dtd once anytime of the month just make sure we didnt use protection and low and behold id have a baby. my school sex education was rubbish -or i was too busy laughing at the banana with the condom on-

yeah my family dont know, and their the people i would like to spring it on, have u been day dreamin of the different ways inwhich you could tell them?

roofio87 Wed 16-Jan-13 19:11:12

Yeah it's sad isn't it but I cant stop thinking about being able to tell people that we're expecting!! Yeah I know, the more I like into it the more i'm like "how do people get pregnant by accident?" haha, seems so unlikely!! But its all justa good excuse to do it lots and lots, the bf can't complain about that!!x

DawnOfTheDee Thu 17-Jan-13 09:38:35

Just been thinking about another positive of ttc. Has anyone else found how much better they feel not being on the pill? I feel much 'brighter', have lost a few pounds and seem to have some libido appearing!

Meemawandmoonpie Thu 17-Jan-13 14:03:51

dawn
Ive noticed I've not needed a mid day nap now that I've come off it. It's marvellous. (though, cause its so bleedin' cold hibernation for an hour or so is an attractive thought)
sneaks off to get snuggie

I have also noticed my hair has got thicker, which is a nightmare as its already thatch-worthy

I'm hoping my libido will reappear too!

roofio87 Thu 17-Jan-13 14:16:53

yes my libido has defo come back!! I had the implant in for 3 years. I got really ill around the same time so just put my lack of sex drive down to that,but since I've been implant free I've been well more in the mood for it!! wink I also think the fact that we're trying to conceive is making me want to do it more too!!

Dowk31 Thu 17-Jan-13 17:20:33

Oh well I didn't get to test ladies sad god dam AF! Fingers crossed for everyone else who's on their 2ww xx

DawnOfTheDee Thu 17-Jan-13 18:36:49

Sorry to be thick but what does ww mean?

bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:37:27

week wait smile

DawnOfTheDee Thu 17-Jan-13 18:38:45

Thank you!

LovesTheOutdoors Thu 17-Jan-13 18:48:04

aj86 did you get to test yesterday, or are you holding out for the weekend?

I was 28 days into my cycle yesterday, but AF didn't actually show up until day 35 last month, which I put down to only coming off the pill in November. Had a rubbish day at work today, very annoyed with most of my colleagues! Sure sign that AF is on her way I think! Might wait til next Wednesday and test then if it hasn't arrived.

One of my friends got pregnant accidentally last ear, she said she only missed 2 pills and only DTD twice that month, and still managed to make a baby, it's amazing how easy it is sometimes isn't it!

aj86 Thu 17-Jan-13 19:34:16

Hi all, just did a test and BFN hmm

But still no sign of AF so if that doesn't show up soon I'll test again next week with fmu.

At least I've got over my fear of POAS!

I know what you mean about how it suddenly becomes difficult once you're ttc, when I've been on the pill for ten years and was always told how one missed pill could result in an unplanned pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now