First month ttc, anyone in the same boat and want to get excited with me?

(299 Posts)
Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:29:50

Hi all, this is my first month TTC after waiting to TTC for 14 months so I am very excited ( and a lil scared). I am 26 and this will b r first baby. So if anyone else is in the same situation, come and join me and we can get excited together! (grin)

bebebuttons2 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:09:49

I want to join:D I've been off my cerazette pill for two weeks, hoping this is my first period and I will be fertile this month, should be valentines day if my calculations are correct! So I will be having regular love making sesh's as soon as my period finishes right up until when my next period is due! beg of March which is when I will be testing, fingers crossed for everyone on here, maybe this is the month for us! x

setayharas Sat 02-Feb-13 17:23:23

Thanks everyone! It's only taken 6 years of nagging haha and welcome everyone! This was quite. Lucky thread this month so hopefully te luck will carry on!

Hope your all enjoying the weekend

Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Feb-13 18:57:33

I live it. We've had pregnancies, a proposal, who's up for a lottery win?

Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Feb-13 18:58:17

Love it. Not live it.

hoping2beamum Sat 02-Feb-13 19:39:13

Bring on the lotto win iheart!! 20mins to go.

Af appeared in full force this afternoon :-(((((((

how's everyone doing??

setay what are you doing to celebrate the engagment???!! 6 years...well worth the wait :-))) xxx

Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 02-Feb-13 21:00:14

Oh no hoping. I'm sending you euromillions vibes.

ncsmummy Sun 03-Feb-13 03:37:18

Iheart - no i am usually not crazy before af but now we are ttc I think it may become a regular feature!! lol
Not slept properly for a week now - constant weird dreams and waking up at stupid o clock! I have no real desire to be awake at 3.30am!!!
Well af was due yest but hasnt appeared so I decided to hunt down the tests and poas this morning - bfn sad so looks like its a tri to the docs for me cos bf said if I'm not pg then I have got to go and find out why I have been feeling so awful!

crazycatlady82 Sun 03-Feb-13 03:40:09

Congratulations setey, amazing!

Iheartcrunchiebars Sun 03-Feb-13 06:33:13

Oh no ncsmummy sorry to hear that. I have also been having really odd dreams and can't sleep past 6am which is really annoying as I'm off work at the moment and would appreciate the lie ins! Fingers crossed the bfn is just a blip.

ncsmummy Sun 03-Feb-13 06:39:17

Thanks!! I never usually dream so its odd plus I usually sleep well. Its a combo of weird dreams, leg cramps and desperate urge to pee thats waking me so early! I have thought maybe its just too early - with my eldest 2 my dates were both put back a week at my dating scan which makes me think maybe i ov later than I think. Will try again in a few days if af doesnt appear!!
Soo hungry at the mo - i'm not usually a breakfast person but I've already eaten 4 weetabix and its only 6.30 am lol blush

londonchick Sun 03-Feb-13 10:49:12

Thanks for saying hi!! Have been following this thread with interest. Always good to know other people are going through the same thing!

setay congratulations on the engagement! Happy times!

My best friend told me she's pregnant yesterday so this have renewed my resolve to eat more healthily and drink less. Thankfully my husband is as keen as I am so that should make things easier! CD8 today for me.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Iheartcrunchiebars Sun 03-Feb-13 11:28:02

I've been taking folic acid for about 8 months now (to be super organised for January) but I really really wish I had kept better track of my periods. When it came, how late it was etc. Because I'm now 3 days late and I am sure it is coming but not being able to test is driving me insane.

My head is telling me I'm about to come on and I should just get on with it, it's only a month trying for goodness sake. My heart is planning how to tell my family and is planning a nursery. My husband thinks I'm nuts and is staying out of my way.

ncsmummy Mon 04-Feb-13 05:13:45

Aaaah Iheart, I know exactly what you mean!!! Fingers x for you that being late is a good sign!!!
My af is now 2 days late and no sign of it appearing. I have however had really bad lower back ache for days which I have never had before! I am going to try and wait it out until next weekend before I poas again hmm

hoping2beamum Mon 04-Feb-13 07:31:21

Very best of luck this morning iheart, hope your tests arrive & you get your bfp!!

Hope you're doing ok ncsmummy nothing worse than not knowing what's going on with your own body. Hope those tests turn positive to bfp's this week.

londonchick fingers crossed this will be your cycle!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend

startoftheroad Mon 04-Feb-13 11:15:00

hi londonchick hope you are well ... im in my 26th day since the end of my last period ... im so hoping it will kick in soon .... i feel like i dont work or something ..... i hope all is well with you and that you will have some good news soon smile.... you seem to be the most similar to me in time frame wise so maybe we could goon this journey together ....

my friends are saying i could be pregnant and to test but that will set me up for dissappointment i think ... what do you reckon ???

anyone got any exciting news from the weekend ??? im new to mumsnet so sorry if im a bit crap at it at atm

lets hope for a lucky week xx

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 04-Feb-13 12:37:02

Good luck startoftheroad.

Out of interest have any of you told anybody else you are TTC? I've told my best friend (because I'm trying to recruit her to have a baby at the same time!!) but I would love to be able to talk to someone face to face about it.

HURRY UP POST!!

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 04-Feb-13 14:02:42

Help!! The tests have arrived (pack of 2).

I have just tested and there is a very faint cross. (BFP) But it is very faint.

Has anyone used the clearblue ones like this before? Can you still see the vertical line if you get a BFN?

I dont want to use the other one if it will be a waste? My husand's not here so I can't get his opinion...

hoping2beamum Mon 04-Feb-13 16:00:23

Yay iheart a faint positive is a positive bfp!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Test in the morning with your first urine..hormones will be stronger.
No you can't see the lines on a clear blue test if it's not positive!
So so pleased for you!!!!
No such thing as false ositives, only false positives on tests.
Xxx

hoping2beamum Mon 04-Feb-13 16:01:46

Sorry in all excitement tgat last sentance makes no bloody sense...
There is no such thing as a false positive...false negatives can happen but not false positives x

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 04-Feb-13 16:05:14

I won't get 100% excited until tomorrow but....oh my God oh my God.

Will let you know tomorrow. Thanks for being the first person to know!

hoping2beamum Mon 04-Feb-13 16:11:35

Ahhh iheart, you have my day, that's wonderful news ! You deserve it, all that hard work & preparing is worth it when you get those two lines.

Absolutely thrilled for you x

crazycatlady82 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:07:29

setay that is just wonderful! Congratulations smile

Xxx

setayharas Mon 04-Feb-13 18:32:34

Wooooooooooo another bfp!!!! Congratulations! (as far as I no-- which isn't much-- a line is a line no matter how faint!!!!)Brilliant

Got to use the test sticks in my Cbfm this morning for te first time. I was quite excited haha I actually feel more relaxed aswell knowing this machine is doing the hard work of working out my ov for me! Here's to relaxed sex lol (not like last month where he just couldn't perform under the pressure lol)

ncsmummy Tue 05-Feb-13 04:44:03

Congratulations!!! I am so pleased for you!!!!!!

Iheartcrunchiebars Tue 05-Feb-13 06:42:26

Thanks everyone. Another very faint line again this morning. I'll be able to get to a town at the end of the week so will buy a test then and see what happens. Little bit more excited though! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now