Fantastic Forty Plus, part 9, this time is our time,bring on the bfp's!

(993 Posts)
hopefulgum Tue 01-Jan-13 23:20:41

We've filled out thread - I do hope you all find your way here. I can't add a message on the old thread to let you know it is here...smile

This new thread, will no doubt have its own set of bfp's and babies. I am excited to see what it brings.

hopefulgum Sun 24-Feb-13 09:26:05

Oh Deige, you are the best, a bistro meal is just what I need.

I want a full roast chicken dinner, with potatoes crisped up in duck fat, and gravy and roast parsnips (which reminds me I might have some in the garden ready to eat).

And I'd love a beautiful rhubarb and apple crumble, complete with hot vanilla custard. OMG, mouth is watering uncontrollably.

Yes, had a nanna nap and felt worse for it. Blah. I think I am feeling worse than a mere hangover. I think maybe the assault of alcohol, grain, sugar and dairy, all in one night, was just too much for my temple of a body grin Or perhaps I'm a cheap drunk?

deige I am so pleased to hear that the sickness is kicking in - sounds like a sticky baby. Which is just so exciting. I am sure your DH will be lovely about it as it wasn't that long ago that he was happy to ttc.

I have a familiar feeling of yucky taste in my mouth that happens at this time of day when I think I might have had some luck catching the egg. However, I'm not getting hopes up, because this happens so often, if the symptoms continue into the second week, then I'll be more hopeful.

I know the conversation I'd have to have DH,if I do get pregnant, will be a really tough one, but right now I could care less. I just want my BFP and my little bubba.

Diege Sun 24-Feb-13 09:52:20

No Gum, your body is a temple, hence why you felt so crap grin Your roast sounds pefect (except the goose fat..) so I will have that too (and calibee 3?) but a rhubarb only crumble, with no spice of the devil cinnamon and lashings of custard. That funny taste in the mouth was one of my first symptoms...fingers crossed next week will continue with symptoms for you. How exciting would it be to be bump buddies!
Calibee sounds like your body is sorting itself out - how good would it be to be ovulating in London? Hope dp is ok - it may well be the irritation in living with other people 24 7, esp if there are some colourful personalities there.
Meant to say hi to galwaygirl!!! Lovely to hear from you xx
Off to google vit b6 for sickness - I am sure I took some before with good effect and have some left over in the cupboard. Just need to check the quantities.

CaliBee Sun 24-Feb-13 09:57:07

Morning gum...or afternoon grin

MMMMM your roast chicken dinner sounds lush. Can I have the same with some bread sauce and chestnut stuffing.?

CaliBee Sun 24-Feb-13 09:58:58

Oh and how about an apple tart...with lovely melt in the mouth short pastry and just a splash of cream. ...slurrrp.

CaliBee Sun 24-Feb-13 10:00:14

diege I think your probably right, it sounds like he is surrounded by some irritating little oiks. Oh well ..he is over half way through now. I'm proud of him for getting this far.

mazzie40 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:32:41

Thank you for a nice welcome ladies smile. Mmm a 3 course meal sounds so good right now lol but what would I have, Garlic mushrooms, then a chicken curry, madras smile then sponge cake with custard. Talking of food I have eaten so much since yesterday & since about 9pm last night I've had backache & yesterday I got a little shooting pain in my nipples only once tho. I did have like a pressure cramping feeling on cd22 & 23 but jst the backache now. I think I'm jst symptom spotting coz I want to be pg. Lol I've sort of convinced myself I will have my af. My cycles are normally 28 to 31 days. I hope we All get the good news we so want smile. Have a lovely day ladies. I'm having a quilt on the sofa day smile x

calendargal Sun 24-Feb-13 17:53:25

Diege - spoooooooky!!! Especially so close to Halloween grin I remember now that we were due AF on the same day. What day did you ov? I was 1st Feb. Can I ask what the issue is with your DH - were you ttc and then he changed his mind?

Welcome Romann and mazzie - there must be loads of us on here now! Should we update the stats list?

Me - calendargal, 40, 1 DD aged 2, BFP first cycle ttc - FTIAP grin

I really fancy a night out in the snug bistro - had my nose pressed up against the window a few times. I'll have a lovely peasanty herby pizza with great chunks of mozzarella and a crunchy salad sprinkled with a few pine nuts, followed by a slab of treacle tart served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

notsoold Sun 24-Feb-13 17:57:38

I am late for the bistro but here goes.... Rib eye steak with rice absolutely tons of salad with lemon and olive oil dressing. Ciabatta served with a nice spanish extra virgin oil on the side. Dessert??? Tiramisu ....

Diege... Headaches and migraines are not in my list of ailments.... Sore throat and earache yes...but so far none of the latter...smile

Gum 24 out of 30??? And a party with champagne???? Very good and excellent in my bookssmile

Hello:
sparkly
Calibee
Remnant

And all you lovelies in his thread
Jrbird

CaliBee Sun 24-Feb-13 18:53:46

TTC

Calibee 43 ttc 10 months. Mc Jan 2013. On Clomid after irregular cycles. 3dcs 23,19 &15

BFP's

calendargal, 40, 1 DD aged 2, BFP first cycle ttc

Copy and paste folks...I could do with a reminder.

littlepinkfizz Sun 24-Feb-13 19:08:56

TTC

Calibee 43 ttc 10 months. Mc Jan 2013. On Clomid after irregular cycles. 3dcs 23,19 &15
Littlepinkfizz 42 ttc 7 mths dc15,15,13,2

BFP's

Copy and paste folks...I could do with a reminder.

Isabeller Sun 24-Feb-13 19:52:15

Hello dear friends, nice to read about the roast dinner plans, I made DP and his mum rhubarb, custard and chocolate sponge today which seemed to go down well smile

I couldn't spot what it is you're doing southwest but ideally I should lose (at least) a similar amount so I'd be very grateful for tips.

I hope it's ok to share a rather difficult thing about my day today. I found an abdominal lump this morning and went to see an out of hours GP who said it would need to be scanned and removed to find out what it is sad

sorry it's a bit of a downer, hugs all round xx

Romann Sun 24-Feb-13 20:23:46

God I'd love a rhubarb crumble right now. Very bored of my no salt diet, which I'm rather sure is useless! Oh well. Sorry about your lump Isabeller fingers crossed that it's nothing important (they usually aren't - I've had one removed from my foot and one from my arm, both completely innocuous it turned out, but a worry of course).

I am going for mammogram and breast ultrasound tomorrow, plus bloodtests for immunity to everything you can think of, even though I know I am immune to toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella, varicella blah blah. Oh well, different doctor and she wants a record, and wants me to have the breast thing done before a bfp. I'd forgotten about the endless wee and blood testing that goes with pregnancy. And I'm not even pregnant yet!

Romann Sun 24-Feb-13 20:33:35

Sorry Southwest you asked about bloodtests. Here's what I'm having tomorrow (trying to translate from French, but my medical vocab is not up to much!):

Haemotology: red cells, haemoglobin, hematocrite, white cells, formula, plaquettes (platelets?), reticulocytes, ferritine (iron?)

Immunohaemotology: blood group and RH and Coombs indicator

Thyroid: T4, T3, Ac anti-TPO;

Then immunities for:

Hep B, Hep C, Cytomegalovirus, HIV, Parvovirus, toxoplasmosis, rubella, varicella

I think the first one is a standard blood test to check for any infection or anaemia or whatever. Then a test for blood group just so it's in my records (I know it's A+, but whatever), then whether my thyroid is functioning properly, then whether I need to worry or not about things that can cause problems in pregnancy.

I had a test recently for the level of progesterone, which apparently indicates likely fertility.

hopefulgum Sun 24-Feb-13 22:32:53

TTC

Littlepinkfizz 42 ttc 7 mths dc15,15,13,2
Hopefulgum 46, ttc ~3 years, 3mcs, 5 DCS: 21,19,16,12,4

BFP's

hopefulgum Sun 24-Feb-13 23:02:25

It's morning here, so "G'day".

I love Mondays - my day off. Charlie goes to school after lunch, but today I am going to let him stay home as he has a cold and is very tired. I'm looking forward to an easy-going day at home.

All those bistro meals sounded wonderful. I was imagining,as I read them, that we could all actually get together and have a meal together and talk ttc stuff all night long. How wonderful it would be to actually meet you. Of course it 's pretty well impossible as I love down under and can't see that I'll be travelling to Europe any time soon. My mum has been talking about traveling to Ireland, but my dad isn't very keen (he's Italian and travels home every couple of years,doesn't branch out much more than that). I don't know why mum doesn't suggest I accompany her - if she paid,I'd keep her company grin Despite the fact that I struggle to spend longer than a couple of hours with her, I'd make the sacrifice to travel to the UK hmm I have an uncle in London, so we'd have to stop off there too.

I know I'm dreaming, my mum is actually not the generous type.sad

I had a sofa day yesterday too mazzie. I watched Dh Lawrence's "Women in Love" on bbc iplayer. Felt so indulgent to have a hangover, laze about and watch it. Was lovely,but so sad too. Then a friend dropped in for a cuppa after I'd had my nap. She is training to be a midwife, so we talk about pregnancy and babies a lot. She told me an amazing story about what happened to her when she was pregnant with her first child.

She had some bleeding at about 6 weeks, so had an ultrasound, which showed an ectopic pregnancy. When they went to operate, they planned to remove the tube and give her a D&C (in Australia that's the same as an ERPC). Apparently once they got her open they saw that it was a cyst in her tube, not an ectopic, and by then it was too late, as the D&C had been performed. It was a complete cock-up. She was in the Army at the time and was told by the military legal that she could sue. Then her hospital records disappearedshock

But the most amazing thing is, that despite all that, she kept having spotting, and then her doctor wanted her to do a preg test to see if the hcg was out of her system. It wasn't, so they had an ultrasound and her little baby was still in her uterus! Isn't that just so amazing? After an ERPC? Her daughter is a lovely girl, very bright and in perfect health.

I wonder how often that happens? And her daughter is 15, (so didn't happen all that long ago)so I also wonder how often a mistake like that could be made?

She is a lovely friend and I have always said that if I am lucky enough to have another baby,I want her at the birth. Fingers crossed that it happens for me.

Not too many symptoms here. But reasonable temps, sore boobs and carpel tunnel playing up (but that might be a result of too much alcohol).

Romaan - will you also have day three tests to check estrogen, FSH and LH? I think they are routine fertility blood tests. But you are still quite young, so perhaps it isn't necessary.

When I was ttc my DS, I was 41,and my doctor didn't feel I needed to worry about fertility or having tests until I'd tried for more than 9 months ( 3 months after vasectomy reversal for healing, then the 6 months for over 40's). As it was it took 7 months to conceive him. The other pregnancies in my 40's took about 6 cycles (at 43/44), another 4 cycles (at 44) then I think 9 cycles (at 45) - there was also time between waiting for fertility to return. All of those pregnancies ended with miscarriage. It has now been 10 cycles since my last bfp/mc. Seems to me it is about time wink

Diege Mon 25-Feb-13 10:13:50

Gum how great it would be to get together! If you are ever in the UK don't you dare pass through without letting us know grin
Well back from gps with cyclizine tabs. Have just e-mailed dh and asked him to give me a ring (wimp I know) when he has a chance to talk. Will report back with his response!

Diege Mon 25-Feb-13 10:18:50

Oh dear sad. He's rang and I just blurted it out, no other way really. He sounded very very shocked and I just started rambling,so will have a chance to talk later. Relieved at least that he knows now.

Diege Mon 25-Feb-13 17:37:43

Well it's ok grin. Dh came home from work with flowers and has taken it in his stride. Much relieved!
Was it you calender who was asking about the situation? In a nutshell we had decided that we would not ttc a few mths back and I was using temping for contraceptive purposes only.I am testamount to the fact that you can get pregnant without any ewm whatsoever, and running up and having a wee straight after dtd blush. Oh and ovulation date a think 4 or 5 days earlier than you (ov about cd 8/9) which may mean I'm a bit further along? confused. All my dcs have been a week early anyway so will be mid-oct if things go to plan.

CaliBee Mon 25-Feb-13 17:57:10

diege I'm so glad he has reacted well. I hope you can sit back and enjoy your pregnancy now grin

First post mc af turned up for me today...so my body wasnt fibbing with me a couple of weeks ago when it gave me signs of ovulation. I do feel relieved that my body has recovered well and not kept me waiting for ages.

Romann Mon 25-Feb-13 20:29:48

Where do you live hopeful? Outside chance we might be moving to Canberra at the end of the year. I know people say it's a bit dull, but seems a pretty comfortable place to live with dcs.

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 20:55:49

Yesterday I started having cramps about 6pm....not so painful as periods cramps but only on my right side.
No other symptoms and otherwise well...
I went to epu today and because I am 6+2 they dod some blood tests and told me to come home. They thought that at 6+2 a heartbeat might not showed in a scan and I would stress even more...
The epu phoned tonight and told me to book a scan tomorrow and that the hcg result was 5163...
Should I be worried???
Can it be ectopic with that result??
Ps I am 41..

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:04:24

Hello ladies smile. Wow hopeful what an amazing story smile. Today I woke up with a runny nose & had it all day, but I've noticed my sense of smell is different, really strong. I do keep saying to myself, It's all in my head. I also have a really dry throat all the time which I've not had before, maybe a side effect of the clomid? I did buy a early response pg test but not sure when I'll give in to the temptation lol, my hubby says, wait till the 31st which then will be cd31 but I'm really tempted to do it tomorrow & I know if it's neg my hubby will say, told you to wait lol. I have to keep telling myself, be patient! smile.

CaliBee Mon 25-Feb-13 21:20:06

notsoold your hcg falls completely withing the normal range for your dates. I would think they are scanning purely because you complain of one-sided pain and they need to rule out ectopic not necessarily because they suspect it.
Fingers crossed for you x

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 21:32:33

I hope you are right Calibee....
The pain is still there although is not awful...

Diege Mon 25-Feb-13 21:35:28

notsoold they would have been alerted to an ectopic due to abnormally low hcg and as calibee says your levels are normal. I'm sure if they had been concerned on that account they would have brought you back in there and then. Hoping the cramps settle down and you can relax after your scan tomorrow x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now