TTC #1 - Thread 8

(294 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 31-Dec-12 17:02:42

New Year - New Thread!!! And hopefully lots of BFP's all round!!

Fx for everyone!!

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 18:51:16

Thank you for the kind thoughts ladies, let's hope 2013 is a top baby year for all of us!

sunny could it be implantation?

mother this is annoying for you too. I can't remember about implantation bleeding, when does that happen then and what's it like - does anyone know?

Hi blockette, sorry to hear you are still here. Shall we both get bfps this month, yeah?

Hi cacks, sorry to hear its not been a good time. Do you use opks?

SeriousStuff Thu 03-Jan-13 00:46:14

sunnyday01 similar thing happened to me - this current AF was 3 days late and when it did start, it only spotted for a day or two, but now it's here full force (sorry if TMI!). I'm putting it down to a change of exercise routine and different eating habits over Christmas!

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 09:28:45

Grrrr, so had a small amount of pinky brown when I wiped last night, lots of cramps but no AF......god I'm confused! I just want to know one way or the other! confused Not going to test again till Saturday when I will be around 5 days late, until then I am just going to expect AF to appear!

(warning TMI) I don't think I can count this as a period yet, I've not even had any red blood, this is pinky brown and hasn't even spotted the pant liner, I've had a couple of red streaks but they were tiny.

Why does this have to be so hard???????? sad

HonniBee Thu 03-Jan-13 10:17:47

Morning all!
I'm also a newbie...to the forum and to TTC as well. We decided to start trying in December but AF arrived on boxing day... While im waiting I thought I'd try to learn more about the process on here and boy is there lots to learn!
I'm on Cd8 but I'm not sure when I ovulate. I had no idea opk existed so going to get some today.

Good luck all!

Blockette Thu 03-Jan-13 11:00:06

Hi HonniBee - Welcome!

Still no sign of AF - I keep finding myself going to the loo to check every hour or so! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, I'm only 1 day late! - DH still saying to wait for saturday to test though - spoil sport!

I really didn't/don't think anything has happened this month, but now I'm getting my hopes up!

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 11:07:19

block, this IS exciting! Are you normally on time?

Hi honni grin

andadietcoke Thu 03-Jan-13 11:16:14

Blockette P. O. A. S. if you're late then it should show today. Especially if you got an FRER. [waves pompoms excitedly]

Sunshine2013Hopefully Thu 03-Jan-13 14:24:52

Hi can I join as well plz. Me and dh hav been waiting 14 months to TTC (altho we hav been married nearly 3 years!) This is our first month trying and I'm super excited as well as petrified for the journey ahead. I'm 26 and dh 28 but I just feel like I'm still 16 and I'm not old enough to b allowed to do this yet, if that makes sense! Lol

serioustuff hi, I recognise you from the pointless ones waiting to TTC thread! fx for you! BFPs all round hopefully! smile

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 14:35:14

Hi sunshine and honni <waves>

I agree block go POAS or do as I do PIAEC (Pee In An Egg Cup lol) classy chick me grin

The witch arrived finally old boot took her time about it I now feel crampy and shit, oh joy. My PMA obv didn't quite work, doh. Well looking on the bright side in around 11 days I shall be doing the BD LOTS, my plan is cd11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 twice on whichever turns out to be OV day managed cd10, 11, 12, 13, and twice on 14 (OV day) this month which was obv not enough. wink Do you think I should warn the OH grin

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 14:54:33

De-lurks to wave pom poms at Block...POAS for goodness' sake! :-)

And Cleo, do you have sex prior to the run up to your fertile period? If not, the first lot of sperm will be quite old. Is it worth, ummm, replenishing supplies on CD8?!

The month we succeeded was the one we shagged regularly through the entire month (including what transpired to be CD1 halfway through DTD. Messy!), with consecutive days leading to OV.

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 15:17:13

Hiya nic, alright? All good?

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 15:27:49

Hey Thunder!

Good to see you're back TTC, even though it's shit you are having to. :-/

I'm good, ta. 16 weeks now, which is quite scary in a way. Seeing my midwife on Monday and hoping to hear the heartbeat.

How are you doing?

HonniBee Thu 03-Jan-13 15:58:15

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry to hear it didn't work out this time, Mother.

Block, keep us posted! V exciting!

In the meantime, I've stocked up on opk, and I'm liking MrsBri's idea of replenishing supplies. wink

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 16:10:43

MrsBri last month got a positive OPK on CD14 so I OV'd on CD14 or 15,and we DTD on CD10, 11, 12, 13, twice on 14, and 15.....but nowt. Gutting huh. Prior to that I wasn't very well so we didn't DTD much, I think your right I should prob start warming up his swimmers maybe warm up rounds on CD7 and CD9 then get down to business CD11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (obv depending on actual OV day. Does that sound like a fruitful plan? wink

DulcetMoans Thu 03-Jan-13 16:24:57

16 weeks mrsBri! Wow time goes quick. Hope you get to hear the heart beat.

Sorry you are back to Thunder. Still, new year for us to be optimistic, right? Hopefully...

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 17:30:36

Sounds knackering, Cleo...you'd hope that would work :-)

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 18:11:58

heres hoping!!! grin I told him the only answer was more sex, he said he was up for the challenge...good of him huh lol

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 18:13:16

exciting times re your growing bubba MrsBri!!!

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 18:14:46

Yeah dulcet, totally optimistic for bfps pdq for us, yeah! Cone on! better persuade OH to have some more sex then

Hey nic, yeah I'm ok considering how horrible the whole situation is. You know how pragmatic I was trying to be about it potentially going wrong....well I think that has protected me somewhat. Trying to look to the future now and be positive about it now. Hope married life is going well x

MrsBri Thu 03-Jan-13 18:38:11

Have you got any lube, Cleo? Could be coincidence, but I fell the first month we used Conceive Plus. And upped the shagging!

I'm glad you're remaining level headed about everything, Thunder. I don't know how you've remained as calm as you appear to have. I really hope you fall again soon. x

Oh, and married life is great, thank you.

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 18:40:29

Come on, not cone on. Altho cone on too of it helps wink

Glad all good nic. Yeah staying calm but want to get pg now to move forward....

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 19:53:48

noting the need to learn more about concieve plus.........its like tip central on here today......thanks grin

Cacks81 Thu 03-Jan-13 19:55:31

Thanks Thundercat

Been a little stressful. I did use OPK, but showed nothing, yet all doc tests (got fertility one today) have been good, so I'm ovulating and reserves are 'normal'. Currently on 2ww- such a drag, and all I do is symptom spot. Frustrating isn't it?

Currently shattered and have an aching lower back, but that could easily be down to running or lifting something badly. But, any slightest thing, and I'm convinced. Feel like a mad woman! smile &#128522;

How's everyone else?

sunnyday01 Thu 03-Jan-13 20:07:04

Hi all

Just a quick update - 2nd day of AF again Been very light and had no cramps or anything, still very dark red/brown blood. Also feel very tired today and have a bad headache. I don't think I can be pregnant as ov days in December were 14th-21st but we only Dtd from the 21st onwards for various reasons - think my body is playing tricks on me. Tempted to POAS just to confirm it in my head.

MotherOfCleo Thu 03-Jan-13 20:26:34

conceive plus on its way...... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now