TTC #1 - Thread 8

(294 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 31-Dec-12 17:02:42

New Year - New Thread!!! And hopefully lots of BFP's all round!!

Fx for everyone!!

Congrats sunny! You won't have read it wrong, just got to hope it sticks now! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

Blockette Tue 05-Feb-13 10:18:24

Congrats Sunny! Glad to hear some good news on this thread for once!

- Try to tone it down at work a bit now, too much stress isn't good for your pfb you're growing!

aMuminwaiting Tue 05-Feb-13 11:44:21

As long as you've read it in the allotted time there should be no reason for it to be wrong. I got a few very faint lines last cycle but that was after the set time. I just wanted it too much and was seeing things because this ttc is sending me a bit bonkers! Congratulations on your BFP.
Just realised that whilst reading through the comments I polished off a bar of galaxy without even thinking! I'm going to look pregnant soon even without a baby in there blush

sunnyday01 Tue 05-Feb-13 12:44:29

thanks everyone - sorry if tmi but i peed in to a tub then popped the stick in it for 20 secs as instructed on the pack, the 'negative line' came up quickly so left it on the side whilst i disposed of the tub etc, then turned round to see if the 'control' line was there and there was a 'postive' line in the box. I know it sounds crazy but as my DH wasn't there no-one else could see it i couldn't ask for an opinion!! i used a boots test so going to get a cb digital later to use tomoorow morning.

I am really worried that i am imagining it/it was the light and i have got my hopes up.

aMuminwaiting Tue 05-Feb-13 13:11:25

Was it a blue dye test? Get a red dye one. I've had so many false positives with clearblue but the red dyes don't seem to bleed out the dye and give false readings. Even cheap red dye ones are fine and I've got much earlier positives with them too. You have far more willpower than me, I'd be out there buying a test within seconds.

sunnyday01 Tue 05-Feb-13 13:22:47

thanks amuminwaiting

yes it was a blue dye but it wasn't a clear blue one - it was a boots own brand (not the cheapie one but the next one up - think they are £9 for two).

I want to wait until tomorrow morning to try again and aware that if i try during today it may not show as levels may not be high enough. It is taking alot of willpower though!

RaspberrysAndIcecream Tue 05-Feb-13 13:32:01

Sounds very promising sunny!! Congratulations!!

sunnyday01 Wed 06-Feb-13 05:50:43

Well I did 3 tests this morning a boots one, a first response one and a clear blue digital and all gave a bfp!

So happy although in shock! Here's hoping its a successful pregnancy.

Good luck to you all x

aMuminwaiting Wed 06-Feb-13 07:35:43

Congratulations sunny. Bet you keep looking at them to make sure. Good luck with it all.

I think I'm going to have to forget trying this cycle. Been having pains like my uterus contracting and had lots of brown and red blobby stuff yesterday (tmi?!) It's another trip to the GP. My body shouldn't still be ridding itself of things 5 months after my last loss sad

sunnyday01 Wed 06-Feb-13 07:50:33

Thanks amuminwaiting I can't believe and do keep looking! I am trying not to think about it too much and try to just carry on as normal now as its still v early days.

Sorry to hear this cycle isn't the one for you, our bodies are funny things. Fx it all sorts it self out for you x

LoveLaughingLots Wed 06-Feb-13 08:03:25

sunny congratulations!! Very happy for you!

LLLx

aMuminwaiting Thu 07-Feb-13 06:43:40

Anyone else got a positive opk yet? Mine have been high since testing on day 9 but no ovulation. Was hoping for a nice early cycle, especially as my rubbish lady bits have knocked me out of the running this time.

Clairey2012 Thu 07-Feb-13 19:00:38

Hi ladies, mind if i join in? ive got 2days left until testing and hoping to get my BFP. got a smiley face on my ov sticks a week past monday n had lots of sexy cuddle time wit hubby so heres hoping. its weird though i would be due for af on sat bt got no usual symptoms like normal, always get sore boobs a week before bt nothing, hope its a good sign????
Congrats to sunny for your BFP! x

Blockette Thu 07-Feb-13 22:50:20

Welcome Clairey! Fxed for you! We'll all tune in on Sunday to see your bfp!

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sun 10-Feb-13 11:48:49

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted properly, so I thought I'd come and say hi!!

I had to take a step back this month, I've unintentionally been putting a lot of pressure on myself & needed to chill out a bit. (I've been lurking, just not posting!!)

This morning AF arrived, so the bfp isn't happening this month, at least it saved me a test I suppose sad

I'm hoping AF will be finished quickly as I have a gp appointment on Friday for an vaginal examination, also going to have the bloods done this month. The gp has also said that hubby can have sperm tested. I'm nervous but also ok with it, it may give us some answers.

This ttc journey has so many emotions attached to it, I think there should be some sort of warning system, I simply was unprepared for how this would make me feel at times. Admittedly, I'm a control freak and I hate how I have no control over any of this.

I hope you're all ok, I'm keeping an eye on u all & have my fingers crossed for u all.

Clairey2012 Sun 10-Feb-13 12:12:11

Still no af n such an ache in my lower bak bt ng test hmmmmmmmmm? X

aMuminwaiting Sun 10-Feb-13 22:05:25

I know what you mean about the lack of control RaspberrysAndIcecream. I have been trying to get counselling for years but so far have only had an over the phone assessment. Talking to her though I hit on the fact that there seems to be so little control over every aspect of my life. I've been having nightly panic attacks about dying since my last MC. My DH and I having our own home would be one step we could take in giving ourselves some kind of stability. We've been working and saving so hard and I really hope that this year we can do it (after a mere 10 years together). I'm still hoping with all my might that we have a live and kicking baby but other than the BD there's not much else we can do about that outcome. All we can all do is hope and keep trying. Not easy when it's so all consuming though!

aMuminwaiting Tue 19-Feb-13 18:15:24

is there anybody out there?

RaspberrysAndIcecream Thu 14-Mar-13 08:55:50

This was down on page 6!!

Hi everyone - how are u all? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now