TTC #1 - Thread 8

(294 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 31-Dec-12 17:02:42

New Year - New Thread!!! And hopefully lots of BFP's all round!!

Fx for everyone!!

I don't think it's sad. Or if it is, I'm sad too because I've been thinking the exact same thing today!

Novice86 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:27:34

Hi, can I join? My dp is 31 and I'm 26 and we're about to TTC our first. My coil is coming out this week so it'll be Feb before we can try properly. He wants to see what happens but now I've stopped worrying about all the -ves of TTC I'm a bit impatient to get started. We're keeping it quiet from our friends at the mo (they've all just decided to announce bfp's) and I feel a bit lonely. Hope I've used the right acronym's smile

aMuminwaiting Tue 29-Jan-13 10:49:50

Hi Novice. Welcome to the world of opks, thermometers and symptom checking! You're right to push the negatives aside. Even when you have had a bad history of fertility like me you have to keep pushing on otherwise it will never happen. You can go mad with all the worry and sometimes I think I have! I do think there should be more information on what to look out for though and information on who to contact when you're worried. When you do get pregnant arm yourself with the EPAU number for when you're before 12 weeks and the maternity unit number for after that. It's not scaremongering, it's just if you have those numbers to hand then it's one less thing to stress about. But for the majority of people it's ok and some people even get midwives who answer their phones I hear which I'm very jealous about.
You do need your DP for the actual trying part though so make sure he's just as ready as you are ;) Trust me I know that constantly hearing BFPs and seeing pregnant bellies everywhere makes you want to be pregnant immediately but as you've got to wait a month anyway it gives you both time to talk it all through. It's the biggest decision you'll both ever make. He might just be saying see what happens so it takes a bit of the pressure off. My DH and I have been trying for our family for four years and some of those months were so stressful for him, especially when my monitor said it was a fertile day and I'd be dragging him upstairs. I know the mans part is relatively quick to what we have to do but its easier for him to do his bit when not being pressured by a flashing monitor light.

Blockette Tue 29-Jan-13 11:19:23

Welcome Novice! - I was the same at first, yeah we'll "see what happens" but that feeling lasted about 2 weeks! haha

Cycle day 59 and my "not enough to class as AF spotting" has started again after a clear week - but again its not enough to class as AF - yet! I'm hoping its just a really slow start.

I'm getting fed up of this! I think it's time for a BFP to remind us that people ARE getting pg somewhere! - Who volunteers?

Blockette Tue 29-Jan-13 14:48:59

< Blockette sounds the AF klazon >

YEAY! finally! wooop wooop! grin

Hooray!!!! Here's to a nice regular short cycle next time, with a lovely bfp at the end of it grin

Welcome novice <waves>

hoping2beamum Wed 30-Jan-13 12:15:19

WAAAAHOOOOO Blockette fabulous news....hope you get your BFP at the end of this cycle.

Hi novice Hope you get your BFP soon too.

Hows everyone else doing??

I tested this morning (10dpo) - BFN - devastated this morning as I had so many symptoms the past few days but i'm hoping it was just too early to test. I used a FRER and im not too keen on them as they gave me false negetives before but it was the only one in the cupboard. really hope AF isnt on her way...not sure i can handle her this month.

Talyra Wed 30-Jan-13 18:56:14

Hello everyone, I've not been around because TTC is on hold for me until god knows when (ill-health, incompatible drugs). Found out that ibruprofen can affect fertility while you're taking it (not long-term or anyway) in case that's useful to anyone.

Good luck everyone.

MotherOfCleo Thu 31-Jan-13 10:38:27

AF got me sad

I'm quite confused as I had so many random symptoms, even the metallic taste for 2 days. No idea what my body is up to! sad hmm

Blockette Thu 31-Jan-13 11:25:17

Hi hoping so sorry about your BFN and MoC about your AF sad I get the Metallic taste sometimes too, Its horrible the tricks your body plays on you.
Want some of my chocolate? <hugs>.

Welcome back Talyra I remember you from before, - Thanks for the news about the Ibruprofen, I take that quite a lot for headaches so will be cutting that out now! - hope you will be joining us properly soon!

How are the current OPK users? any surges? Fx'ed you catch those swimmers!

fl0b0t Thu 31-Jan-13 13:05:08

Hey guys, I miss you all...... Can someone have a really big glass of wine for me? Morning (HA ALL BLOODY DAY) sickness has hit me like a fryingpan in the face and I'm feeling pathetic.... so I'd like to send some hCG and positive baby dust your way so you can be miserable like me :-D

MotherOfCleo Thu 31-Jan-13 15:53:38

I'm open to hugs and chocolate, thanks smile
I'll happily have your sickness fl0 if I get to be pregnant. Hop you feel better soon! xx

MotherOfCleo Thu 31-Jan-13 15:54:00

hop = hope
oooops

hoping2beamum Thu 31-Jan-13 20:03:59

Awww Fl0!!! Huge hugs & tonnes of chocolate coming your way!! Have you tried Ginger nut biscuits to help??

fl0b0t Thu 31-Jan-13 20:49:56

Cheers guys, tried everything- going to have to go back to the drs next week and succumb to drugs... :-(

babydust for all

aMuminwaiting Fri 01-Feb-13 10:58:47

When I'm not pregnant I always think yeah bring on the sickness, I want to be pregnant but of course when I am and it does I think what a stupid woman I was for thinking that!. It's so horrible. I've only had it with the two later babies so I do believe my Aunt when she says it means good things...just not so good for the Mum!
I was at my Nans funeral yesterday and saw tons of family I haven't seen...well since the last funeral! One of my Aunts gave me a big bear hug and said oh you've been through the mill haven't you? It felt really nice knowing that even though we hardly see each other she really cared and was praying for me. Feel a bit stronger and ready now.
Nearly at opk testing day, hope my DH is well rested! How about my cycle buddy?

Blockette Mon 04-Feb-13 10:34:25

Morning everyone!

nothing to report from me, - just checking in to see how everyone is.

Do we have any BFP's due soon? Any symptom spotting going on?

My DH has been away since AF finally decided to show up, so I can't even pretend to SS lol

hope we get a BFP here soon, we've not had one for ages!

aMuminwaiting Mon 04-Feb-13 12:31:19

Does anyone else get bad pain and ovulation spotting? It seems to be getting worse each cycle.

MotherOfCleo Mon 04-Feb-13 15:03:46

amum I have had it once, it can be a good sign as it shows a real surge in hormones. smile

Ello everyone. Got knocked off the thread as I hadn't posted in a while- not much happening here though eh?! Not much happening with me either I'm afraid.

sunnyday01 Mon 04-Feb-13 17:37:48

Hi everyone, so sorry i have not been active recently, work has just been manic! Just trying to catch up with whats going on, also i have a question - sorry if its tmi

In december my AF came on 3rd/4th (cant remember exactly when), then in jan it came on on the 2nd Jan but was only a dribble of dark brown blood until the 4th when it came as normal but only for 4 days.

I am not exactly sure how long my cycle is - if i base it on 2nd jan - its 30 days and it i base it on 4th jan its 34 days - what do you think it is?

Therefore if it is 30 days from 3rd jan my AF was due last thurs - not turned up yet, but if 34 days from 4th jan then AF due this weds. I have had a bit of cramping and bloating last week but nothing different also had no other symptoms that make me think i am pregnant. POAS last fri but gave a negative result.

I am going crazy - interested to know your thoughts!! DH just doesn't get it!

peardrop2 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:09:37

Hi ladies :-) Just popped in to say happy new year (sorry I'm a bit behind) and to wish you lots of baby dust wink Hope everyone is well? Apart from feeling peed off with TTC!

sunnyday01 Tue 05-Feb-13 06:35:48

Morning - me again!

I decided to POAS stick this morning - was just a boots own and got a BFP - i think! The line is quite feint but there is def something there - just so scared now that its wrong and i have my hopes up for nothing!

hoping2beamum Tue 05-Feb-13 07:17:48

Congratulations sunnyday that's fabulous news!!!!
Absolutely thrilled for you x

sunnyday01 Tue 05-Feb-13 07:50:18

Thanks hoping - I have no other symptoms though and I am so scared that I read it wrong - going to wait until 2moro morning and do it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now