Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

Kittenkatzen Tue 01-Jan-13 18:18:15

Welcome newbies smile

mrsbri that does sound tricky, so glad the most complicated thing I have to do is put the spuds on for DH & my dinner!

frog no symptoms really, but I've had a kind of low level niggly feeling that something wasn't quite right for a few days. Tbh though I've had a raging cold since before Xmas so any symptoms would most likely have been masked by feeling crappy anyway. The only other thing I noticed just this morning was that I've been having mild AF like cramps for a few days, but they're slightly different to normal - more central and lower down.

However I'm certainly not counting any chickens yet given that AF isn't even really due until tomorrow....

Elektra83 Tue 01-Jan-13 18:21:22

Hahah thanks frog and cookie I will try and pry the hubby off of his PS3 to start trying properly! Clearly anything to avoid the nasty period pains I get! wink

The last time I had a break (when I buggered my knee!) AF came back on time and in full force shudders so hoping the same will happen this time in terms of being on time.

I have ordered some pregnancy tests off of amazon today - still have a clear blue one in my bathroom (from when we had a scare during my break a few years ago)..Ohhh this seems so real...eeek!

MrsBri Tue 01-Jan-13 18:29:01

Kitten...a cold IS a pregnancy symptom! Your immune system lowers to prevent your body rejecting the foetus.

I've had a permanent coldy-type thing since just before implantation!

I just kept looking at the photo I'd taken of the positive test while I was alone at the hairdressers. Then burst into tears when she gave me a wedding card! Hormones, eh?!

I'm so happy for you :-) How's DH?

cookielove Tue 01-Jan-13 18:33:35

I am debating ordering pregnancy test of Amazon, when i spoke to Dh about it, he said there is no point testing till i am two months late shock because by then it would be obvious and if its a bfn then it points to something else being wrong hmm i think my DH is an IDIOT grin but i love him anyway.

MotherOfCleo Tue 01-Jan-13 18:37:15

my symptoms so far are bad gassy belly, over emotional, snotty nose every morning which doesnt turn into anything, aversion to smells I usually like, tiredness (I had a 2 hour nap today) oh and one day late with AF. I feel like Im preggo too....but what do I know, ive never been preggo before.

Also my cervix is high, soft and closed today, I thought if AF was imminent it was low and open???

God I hope I am preggo! grin

Elektra83 Tue 01-Jan-13 18:47:42

Oh bless cookie! Men are crazy - I didn't even tell hubby that I was ordering them haha! I think his response would have been the same as your other half's

cookielove Tue 01-Jan-13 18:53:57

I may just go ahead and order them it's not like he'll actually know anyway grin he's in no position to judge at them moment as he keeps ordering stuff left right and centre hmm

SantaBearface Tue 01-Jan-13 19:13:26

Hello Mother and Sunny <waves>

Oh Kitteny Kitten - I'm so pleased for you! Well done. Hope you get a darker line tomorrow.

Cookie - I'd get them anyway - I know some people don't find out until much later on, but I think the waiting might drive you crazy! Or maybe that's just me

Just been watching the start of 'Up' and I'm a mess - damn, that film is so sad at the start.

Am getting some clear pant snot so hoping that I'm about to ov and not barren as the bloods suggest but my snot isn't usually that stringy. Does anyone else get clear but unstringy cm? (Sorry if it's TMI) I'm on CD12 so fx.
Contraband OPKS say I haven't ov'd yet

Going to get DH onto it again later. This month, this month, this month

SantaBearface Tue 01-Jan-13 19:16:49

BTW Cookie - my DH always errs on the side of caution and says, 'Well, why don't we just wait for a bit and see what happens' about everything--while I am chomping at the bit to do everything I possibly can. We balance each other out and end up somewhere in the middle. Do it anyway, I would. --Bad Idea Bear raises a grin

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 01-Jan-13 19:17:03

Thanks everyone!

Congrats Kitten and Cleo looks like a very successful start to the thread!

cookie I got 5 First Response tests for £8.99 and free postage direct from their website not sure how that compares to amazon but thought I would mention it.

SantaBearface Tue 01-Jan-13 19:17:19

Ha ha - practically crossed out my whole message so it doesn't make sense!

SantaBearface Tue 01-Jan-13 19:18:06

Good luck Cleo too!

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 01-Jan-13 19:25:08

Santa your DH sounds like mine! Just to let you know my experience re pant snot was it was a little watery but there wasn't much of it and what i did have was definately not stringy .... I checked religiously blush

Kittenkatzen Tue 01-Jan-13 19:33:16

Wow mrsbri I never knew that about the immune system! Does explain why I've not been able to shift this cold though grin DH is excited - keeps rubbing my tummy and checking I'm ok, bless him

bear we're watching Up too - Even DH had tears in his eyes I was too busy scoffing my dinner . Oh and I get the clear but not stringy cm - i only ever had what I think was probably "proper" ewcm once, the first month off the pill.

cleo I have my fx for you!!

Kittenkatzen Tue 01-Jan-13 19:35:04

Forgot to say cookie defo just go ahead and order and stuff them in a drawer somewhere! I think some men (mine included) just don't like the thought of disappointment!

MrsBri Tue 01-Jan-13 19:49:49

Awww...lovely DH, kitten :-)

And yes, get used to snot because it is here to stay. :-/

Kittenkatzen Tue 01-Jan-13 19:55:47

I think DH is more overwhelmed than I thought - he's in tears at Up, the big soppy wotsit ha!!

MelodyCatsAndKittens Tue 01-Jan-13 20:10:41

Oooooh I NEED this thread. I am on the January Bus one as well but as I have a history of getting too obsessed about TTC I don't temp, chart, do opks, check my cervix or any of those other things any more (actually never checked my cervix - not sure how or even if I actually want to!).

This is my first month of TTC for #4 and I just need to keep lighthearted and relaxed otherwise it DOES MY HEAD IN!!!

So what info do I need to add? <scrolls up to copy and paste>

Ok, here you all are with little ol' me at the bottom. I hope I've copied everyone in. Looks like I'm the oldest!

Name: addicted
Location: Am literally, hopefully anyday now about to move 90 miles...who am I kidding its NEVER going to happen over dramqtic much!
Any DCs: 2 dd's. dd1 10 months dd2 2.2 years
TTC: not very long I hate counting, and always get confuesd where to count from as I'm prone to mc. So do you count how long you've been trying since deciding you want another dc or from when you decied to give it another go after last mc? any rate, I dont really want to keep track.

Name: Andie
Any DCs: DS 3yrs, DD 2yrs, DSSs 3.5yrs & 1.5yrs
TTC: 4 months

Name: CurrerBelle (Belle)
Any DC?: DS, 21mo. MiniBabyBelle: Just got BFP so about a week into existence!
TTC for: 2 months (BFP 28.12.12)

Name: Jemimahpuddleduck
Any DC? No
TTC: For First month... testing soon!

Name: Cookielove
*Any DC?*: Nope
TTC: 3 months

Name: Furrybiscuit
Any DC? No
TTC: For First month...took last pill 8th December

Name: kitten katzen
Any DC?: nope
TTC: 8 months/9 cycles <tedious>

Name: [Santa] Bearface (clinging on to Christmas!)
Any DC?: No.
TTC: 5 months

Name: MelodyCatsandKittens (although I'm not liking that name much so may change soon)
Any DC: 3 already...7,5 and 1.
TTC: First month

Happy New Year Everyone wine

cookielove Tue 01-Jan-13 20:22:30

Will try and buy some later, i have one test left from last month. Is there anything more disappointing then POAS and getting a BFN?? Total sadness!!

I think DH, thinks its easy to wait it out, he clearly is insane, i am always sitting on my hands desperate to test and telling myself not to, inevitably its always a negative and then i get the witch. sad

I know i won't be up duffed this month, as Dh was broken for so long blush

Hello Melody welcome

MotherOfCleo Tue 01-Jan-13 20:58:04

nothing worse than a bfn sad i actually like using opks as u at least get to see 2 lines on a peestick! wink

cookielove Tue 01-Jan-13 21:01:35

I really have no idea what a opks is, i am such a newbie when it comes to all this, all the lingo goes completely over my head. I realise i have been on this thread for 2 months and said nothing, so please give me a virtual slap, but i just don't don't know what you mean, also dpo that is lost me and other stuff too blush

Kittenkatzen Tue 01-Jan-13 21:08:27

Welcome melody smile

cookie you're so funny it must be like reading a foreign language when you don't know the acronyms!

Opk = ovulation predictor kit (the sticks you pee on to tell you when ov is imminent)

Dpo = days past ovulation

What else aren't you sure of...?

frogchops Tue 01-Jan-13 21:11:15

I said the same cookie once upon a time, opk is ovulation predictor kit.... I think, forgive me everyone if I'm wrongblush. The little sticks u wee on to see when ov is likely to occur. Meant to be banned on this thread....yeh right!! Lol. blush
And dpo is days past ovulation I think. As in, if you're on the first day of the two wk wait, you're 1dpo. wink

Elektra83 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:11:41

Haha cookie beat me to it! I was trying to figure some of these out too and was lost!

Thanks Kitten

frogchops Tue 01-Jan-13 21:15:52

Thinking about it, yes it's like a ridiculous
Shag related code. I remember having absolutely no idea what an opk was but I was sure I needed it in my life! Haha
As for them being naughty sticks on this thread....I've tried, but being good really doesn't suit me. grin
So basically, the only code we need here is.... P in the V to get up the D!! wink

This thread is not accepting new messages.