Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

MelodyHarmony Sun 27-Jan-13 23:11:02

Ooh Bear that's all a puzzle to me. I would assume the bleed is related to the previous cycle but we call it the start of the next cycle as it is the easiest marker to pinpoint. I've confused myself now confused
Try the contraband Sorry, did I say that out loud?

Sorry, but I can't offer any post-birth control and new cycles advice. I used to get terrible migraines from the pill back in the day so we've used condoms for the last 14 years.

Cookie your two day ERTD is another mystery. Your body is a bit hay-wire at the moment, isn't it?

Spent half the evening sobbing after watching Call The Midwife. Might have to give that programme a wide berth for a while.

Night all. I trust some of you are just donning your capes wink
Sweet dreams my fellow JSers.

morning lovely ladies, cd17 here and keeping up with my plan of eod, haven't had any obv signs of ov yet, usually I get pains and ewcm (possibly all the shagging has numbed/discuised them!) will try and keep donning the cape this week (dh not complaining yet!)

my cycles have always been a bit random, never obsessed too much about it, ttc dd2 took a year, so I know I'll (hopefully) get there again, we have been looking at booking Disneyland paris for late dec, maybe that will guarantee getting a bfp to scupper the plans!

2 friends are due/overdue this week, they both announced their pg's just after my mmc (I would have been due new years eve) going to be tough, but if I can cope with looking at lovely baby clothes at work I can cope with this right? just presumed I'd at least be upduffed by the time they dropped sad (not counting the early mc in oct!) sorry for the me me me post, start typing (on phone) and forget who I was going to say what to!

Pentagon Mon 28-Jan-13 14:17:37

blondies I know exactly what you mean, it's so hard, isn't it? I've just written on a different thread, we were meant to start TTC for #2 about a year ago, decided to leave it for the summer in the end, got pregnant straight away but had MMC 2 months later, no luck since and now a year on...no baby or pregnancy sad....I really don't know what I've done to deserve this (entering dangerous self-pity territory...somebody slap me!)

Bearface Mon 28-Jan-13 15:37:19

Hi Everyone <waves>

Cookie - is it possible do you think that your period wasn't actually your period. I'm not trying to be cruel and get your hopes up, but I've read so many posts on here with women saying, 'I had my period but it was lighter and shorter than normal and then it turned out it wasn't really my period because I was pregnant and the scans showed I had got pregnant before my mystery period.' Just thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility for you. Have you done a test lately?

Pentagon and three blondies - I really feel for you and it must be so awful having an MMC. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. You should know though that you've done nothing to deserve it at all. Unfortunately MMC is much more common than I think we realise. It's just no one talks about it much in RL. That doesn't take away from your sadess and experience though. I really hope you get your BFP and bouncing baby soon. <hand squeeze coming your way>

Thanks for the advice and suggestions Rock and Melody. I think I eventually sorted it out in my head that I definitely ovulated last cycle because the blood tests and OPK said so and that bleed just gone belongs to that cycle (even though we count the first day of the bleed as cycle day 1). So, basically, I think I'm alright for ov'ing this month, but have no idea why ERTD was so long. TBH from Thursday to Sunday it was just spotting, but ERTD is ERTD nonetheless. Anyway, onwards and upwards for now. Managed to get my cape back on last night and gosh it was good!!! blush

cookielove Mon 28-Jan-13 20:12:11

Melody my body has def sent me through the ringer lately.

Bear it def felt like a period and it was a lot of blood well to begin with but i could do a test in the morning just to confirm or not confirm it.

2013 is our year ladies smile

MelodyHarmony Mon 28-Jan-13 20:27:26

Glad you had fun last night in your cape Bear wink. Your 'gosh it was good' comment really made me laugh!
I said I knew some of you would have them on when I said goodnight to you all.

I think mine needs to come out of the wardrobe again tonight. Mr Melody is slumped on the sofa looking very tired though!

cookielove Mon 28-Jan-13 20:29:56

My cape came out yesterday to ....... wink

MelodyHarmony Mon 28-Jan-13 20:45:30

Any tips to rouse Mr Melody from his sloth-like state?

cookielove Mon 28-Jan-13 21:18:03

Poke him with a red hot poker

Walk past him completely naked ........

grin

Redshoes56 Tue 29-Jan-13 03:53:33

Oh, I feel for you ladies, Pentagon and threeblondies, even though I haven't been where you are. I fear miscarriage, but I guess we have to remind ourselves it can be overcome. My mother in law had many before she got pregnant with my husband. If she had given up hope, there'd be no Mr. Shoes. And he's pretty swell.

Bear - give the contraband a try. We won't tell and you'll learn a lot.

Melody - I like the red hot poker idea! Maybe a little strip tease grin

AQuarkTooFar Tue 29-Jan-13 12:44:25

Bear my apologies if I got the poem wrong. I very much could have as English was by far my worst subject at school! Sorry I can't help with how cycles work or anything like. I am only just getting the hang of mine and am very new to the subject!

Melody hope you got Mr Melody in the mood! I find nakedness helps too!

CD18 here and according to my app the flower thing is at its fullest today. I think that means ov. I reckon due to pains and pant snot I have already ov'd but will get on with jsing tonight and tomorrow just in case.

Just want to be pg! Is it too much to ask! hmm frustrated much!

MelodyHarmony Tue 29-Jan-13 13:15:07

The Melody Magic worked a treat on DH last night wink

Pentagon and Threeblondies. As I've said before, I had a MMC about 8 years ago. I know what a tough and heartbreaking time it is. Just hang in there. You've done nothing to deserve any of it Pentagon, it's just one of those things I'm afraid. From what I can gather from your posts, you've both carried to term before so your body knows how to be pregnant, don't lose heart. I appreciate that words on a screen can't take the pain away sad

Red I understand your fear of MC. It is awful, but it happens...and many would say it happens for a reason. I know that doesn't make it any less scary or painful but, as one who has experienced MC, I like to think that my little 'peanut' died because he/she would have had so much trouble in this life if he/she had lived.

Right, I must get on. I can hear a little boy taking to his cuddly animals in his cot upstairs! Time for his lunch.

Bearface Tue 29-Jan-13 15:45:59

Oh Quark - I'm sure it is that poem - you didn't get it wrong at all! Also, feeling your frustration and am with you.

Ha ha - so just what is the Melody Magic? wink I need some new tricks, but TBH I don't ever really need to try too hard with DH - he's more than happy to oblige!

<whips cloak out and reveals contraband in sequin lining> Red and others - I'm onto it! Negative so far.

Hope everyone else is okay today.

Nearly needed some melody magic today, had a few cramps last night/this morning so had to wake my sleeping hubby (night worker) for a quickie this afternoon, didn't look like he wanted to wake up, poor tired hubby smile luckily I know how to push his buttons! haven't had this much action in years, going to try really really hard not to obsess in the 2ww x

fish88 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:37:27

Anybody on here getting ready to test? I'm only on CD11 so got a while to wait. A BFP would keep me going for a week or two grin

Cd18 here so a bit early (even for me) grin

Bearface Tue 29-Jan-13 18:45:17

Fish - I'm only on CD13 so will be a while for me too. Good thing is though that I can get on with the shaggies!

MotherOfCleo Tue 29-Jan-13 19:13:12

im 13dpo ladies, af due on friday so I may be next to poas. I got a bfn yesterday and ive been having spotting so its unlikely......but for some reason I 'feel' pregnant. Hope Im right and not delusional

Going to POAS Thursday or Friday.

frogchops Tue 29-Jan-13 19:20:40

Yes cleo!

I'll be back everyday to check for Poas news! Feeling different is def a good sign! Unless like me in my first month, you've almost forced yourself to feel different! Fingers crossed!

MotherOfCleo Tue 29-Jan-13 19:44:54

cheers frog all rational thought says Im not bacause of the spotting, but even that is different spotting to my usual.

I had 3 days of having an incredible metallic taste in my mouth, I didnt even know that was a preggo symprom till someone told me, Ive had light cramps all month which is again out of character I usually have intense cramps the day before AF and my lower abdomen feels different somehow, kind of puffy....oh an I have lots of spots in my hairline which again is out of character. In general all the 'unusual/out of character' things make me feel that something different is going on.

Everything crossed but will be more surprised if Im right than if Im wrong tbh. hmm

cookielove Tue 29-Jan-13 21:04:19

Hello hello hello ......

Nothing to report on the getting up duffed ness of my life, however is it sad that i feel sad that brendan is leaving hollyoaks sad ?

MelodyHarmony Tue 29-Jan-13 21:52:58

Well Bear... the Melody Magic involved... Well, that would be telling!

MelodyHarmony Tue 29-Jan-13 21:53:39

Ooooh Cleo!

Need some advice please ladies!

I'm Cd19 I've been a good girl and dtd eod up to CD17 then mon night/yesterday morning had a bit of cramping, so dtd yesterday as well in case of ov, I don't temp or use contraband, usually get cramps and ewcm, no real ewcm yesterday, this morning I have a bit more cm and really bad cramps, as bad if not worse than usual af cramps. So my question is, do u think I need to dtd today? DH asleep all day (works nights) have DD2 home today and it's just going to be near on impossible, tomorrow I can manage! My other thought is maybe my body is aching from all the shagging! (6 times in 8 days! Not done it that much since we were 18!) grin

Rockchick1984 Wed 30-Jan-13 10:10:32

Blondie sperm can live up to 5 days inside you after DTD so it's not amazingly desperate for you to shag again tonight if you don't want to (I probably would though!) but if not then skip tonight and get back on it tomorrow, should still give you just as much chance of getting upduffed!

Oooh Cleo sounds hopeful! How long have you been trying for now?

Well, my 2 apps say different dates for me expecting ERTD, an I'd calculated a different date entirely grin so no idea what has gone on there?!?

This thread is not accepting new messages.