Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

frogchops Wed 16-Jan-13 17:25:52

Cortana I haven't taken any epo but did have one-2 days where I was doing the whole shitting/needle thing. It's a symptom just like constipation is, I felt fine in myself, just couldn't stray from the bathroom!

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 19:02:03

I'm hoping its just cause it was an afternoon test, so maybe i will do a test tomorrow morning or fri.

Symptoms? i have sore boobs (which i never get) i've been feeling a little bit sick, different types of food have been turning my stomach e.g my favourite pizza i could only eat 3 slices and i had to force myself to eat that. I've been really tired.

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 19:25:13

Oh no. ERTD looks imminent. sad

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 19:30:53

Oh no Bearface sad are you getting cramps and stuff?

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 19:33:27

No but I've got CM with red streaks in it. That's what I had last cycle. That means this cycle if it starts today will be 27 days as opposed to the 28 and 29 days I've had previously. Not sure if this is good or bad potentially.

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 19:37:36

Hi Cookie, I've just been catching up on the posts from the last 24hours. I don't think stress can delay AF, I think stress can only delay ov. As far as I'm aware, a woman's luteal phase is fixed. Do you know when you ov'ed? I'm not suggesting you used contraband OPKs wink but you might have had EWCM. If you know when you ov'd then ERTD should appear 14 days later. That might help you to pinpoint when the witch would likely make an appearance or if you are actually late - squeal!

Sorry if you knew all that. I just love the science behind it all so read lots but I know some people aren't so bothered by all that.

I hope this turns out to be good news for you.

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 19:40:17

P. S. Cookie if I were an expert in symptom spotting from my previous pregnancies (which I'm not, you understand), then I would reckon that your symptoms look promising.

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 19:44:20

Congratulations again Frog, I bet you and Mr Frog have been on cloud nine all day.

Just to echo what you said about not DTD much... My last pg was achieved from just one night of passion the previous month. It really does only take one little spermie! I think we convince ourselves that we have to get trillions of the thing in there to get a BFP.

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 19:50:02

Hi Bear. Sorry you think ERTD is imminent. I'm in the same boat.

I don't think your cycles getting shorter is necessarily a problem. In fact, I think, a shorter cycle could be positive as you don't have to wait so long for each ovulation. However, if you know when you ov (and you're waiting for test results, is that right?) and you find that the luteal phase is getting shorter then there could be something that needs further investigation. I think a luteal phase needs to be at least ten days.

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 19:54:40

Well i really am trying to keep to the true nature of this thread and we are just shagging. We may go down the opk route in the future, so i really do have no idea when i ovulated blush

I guess either my period is gonna come, although i am having no cramps or eventually i will get a bfp smile

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 20:18:00

Well done for being such a JS-ing example Cookie I could learn a lot from you! I try to convince myself that I'm just shagging but I'm the queen of EWCM inspections and obsessed with symptoms!

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 20:19:35

Well i still am very new to this wink give me time i will be following in your fabulous foot steps grin

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 20:21:30

You might not be around on this thread for much longer if you get your BFP!!!

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 20:24:43

Well that is true, i love this thread though so may just change my name and stay grin

MelodyHarmony Wed 16-Jan-13 20:30:58

Haha, like your thinking. Would you do fake BFNs each month then?

cookielove Wed 16-Jan-13 22:12:48

I didn't think of that, but that is a good plan <rubs hands together with glee> wink

Bearface Wed 16-Jan-13 23:08:06

Thanks Melody and Cookie for the support. Yes, Cookie, I'm starting to feel a bit crampy, but it's much lower down than it normally is. It's probably just getting ready to unleash its force! No bleeding yet though. The mucus has stopped as well.

Melody - I think ERTD will probably start tomorrow so luteal phase will then be normal (for me). My cycle looks like it's a textbook ov on day 14 and 28 day cycle (occasionally 29). And they turn up regularly, so at least that's something.

Told DH about ERTD and he said, 'Well, at least if it is you can have a drink at the weekend.' I like his style. grin Every cloud and all that.

MelodyHarmony Thu 17-Jan-13 06:51:19

MORNING ALL <fake cheeriness>
ERTD got me in the night. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, it was only my first cycle of JS after all.

Bear it wasn't you going for tests then? I think I got you muddled with someone else! Oops! Sorry. You are like clockwork aren't you? I seemed to be pretty similar since stopping breast feeding DC3 last September. I had one cycle of 31 days and now I've had three of exactly 27 days. Pretty sure I ov'd on day 15 in those last three months (I can't be 100% sure as I don't bother with the contraband stuff, just an avid CM observer) which then makes my luteal phase 12 days (same as it was pre-last pg).

I think regular and relatively short cycles are a real blessing.

Onwards and upwards. I'm already planning when the cape will get dusted off, ready for use again. My only concern is that DH will say that four children isn't a good idea now. After a few wet weekends cooped up with the three we already have, he was beginning to say he didn't think we could cope with a fourth. I just nodded. (It was potentially too late as we'd already done lots of JS-ing!)

I'm sure, once the cape works it's magic, he could be persuaded otherwise wink

TobyLerone Thu 17-Jan-13 08:45:46

sad Melody.

AQuarkTooFar Thu 17-Jan-13 10:54:56

Hi all just a quick check in. ERTD got me 5 days ago. It was unusually slow to start as I had the flu but both have gone now!

Really just trying to stick to JSing this month and not worry too much about it. Had a bit of a moment last night when I thought to my self why am I stressing so much? Me and dh have all the time in the world. I am only 25 and he is 29 so im just going to let it happen when it happens and be a good JSer

Congrats on the BFP Frog. Sorry to hear about everyone elses ERTD appearing.

CrackerJackShack Thu 17-Jan-13 11:51:21

Ok ERTD over. Going to assume that I ovulate early and late and just shag my way till my next AF. grin

Hope DH has taken his vitamins!

TobyLerone Thu 17-Jan-13 11:52:19

That's the spirit, Cracker!

Hooya Thu 17-Jan-13 12:32:51

Hello! Unlurking to say yaaaaaay frog <does BFP happydance>

Welcome to grads (though I am still too scared to post there properly despite being 5 weeks pg)!

Sorry to AQuark and Melody, best of luck for next month!

I have reached the terrified of anything to do with being pg stage. It's, erm, terrifying blush

Good luck to all those still waiting - this thread's got BFPs in it yet...

frogchops Thu 17-Jan-13 13:19:35

Haha, come ooon hooya, come with me, I said I didn't want to graduate in my own....and we are nearly the same , I'm 5 weeks this weekend.

Bearface Thu 17-Jan-13 16:29:42

Hello all

Well, ERTD got me this morning. sad Sorry for you too Melody and Quark. Hope you're both okay.

Yes, I did go for tests Melody. I had a 21 day progesterone test to see if I ov'd and YAY! I DID! [happy] So despite appearance of ERTD, I am still really happy that I appear to be okay and the first lot of blood tests I had seemed to be an anomaly with the 11 day period and everything. So I guess it was just an anovulatory cycle. I can't tell you all how happy I am. grin Got another blood test tomorrow now though for testosterone and estrodial. Fingers crossed for that one to come back okay too.

I'm jumping on that onwards and upwards rocket, Melody.

This thread is not accepting new messages.