TTC 10+ months thread 12

(999 Posts)
buzzybee123 Fri 21-Dec-12 13:56:58

A very friendly and supportive thread for those taking way longer than they had ever expected to make a baby.

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 18:23:03

true, I'm feeling a little emotional that its another New Year no further forward than last hmm I putting it down to my dropping progesterone level. You are having a lap but that is going to sort your inside bits out so you can have your baby, be careful what you wish for with Kayla, next year will have its ups and downs but as del boy would say 'this time next year' obviously I'd like to be a millionaire but I'd more rather be pregnant grin

rabbitonthemoon Mon 31-Dec-12 18:35:06

He who dares wins buzzy grin I like that you have a good feeling.

art my friends symptoms vanished at 9 weeks and never returned and all was fine. Hope it isn't too stressful x

mrsden I felt like that a year ago, like bully for me, major surgery instead of a baby angry but it does pass. As for Facebook I second everything buzzy said. People I know who post the most and make everything look screamingly fabulous are actually the ones with quite serious issues. I think after your op things will come good for you.

doll are you still in the uk?

cosmos massive hug. I was thinking if you as I planned some 2013 felty projects.

And...I bought a sewing machine! I have no patience or impulse control. Or ivf savings confused but I love it smile

Ive just done yoga and I'm in my pyjamas. We have new year cooking traditions/wine/film/sleep planned. No waiting for a taxi in the pissing rain for me! I will embrace being 36. It is not all bad.

akuabadoll Mon 31-Dec-12 18:39:26

i am indeed rabbit until Friday.
Try not to worry artemis have a hug.

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 18:53:40

rabbit I too am in my jimmy jams grin I think two nights on the piss is too much for me, plus half the trains and tubes aren't running, oooh what machine did you buy, I have been looking at some on ebay.

viviennewestwould Mon 31-Dec-12 20:26:44

Buzzy, my appointment with my consultant is on 16th Jan, however his hospital (who I'm having Clomid treatment with) doesn't do assisted conception. I assume that, on the 16th, he will merely be offering to refer me to an appropriate clinic around here (Manchester area)? I had FSH and LH levels tested at the start of my Clomid treatment. My FSH was 6.5 (GP surgery) and 8.5 (hospital fertility clinic) and my LH was good. We read that IUI costs between £500 and £1000 per round so we saved the latter (maybe we could squeeze two rounds out of that with a bit more saving?) I don't know, I just don't feel at all excited or optimistic when I think about IUI - but then again, I can't get cock-a-hoop about much these days when it comes to my fertility chances.

Anyway..I would like to wish all of you a happy New Year and the most blessed 2013 - wherever you are on your journey. I won't be toasting you with alcohol (obviously!) but I'll be slurping mugs of tea in honour of all of us warriors tonight. God bless brew x

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 20:39:20

viv I'm not the biggest fan of IUI unless I was getting it on the NHS and was advised not to bother, in saying that lemon has had success on it so there is always a chance smile You could ask for your E2 levels, my FSH has gone up and down which is normal, IUI depends on where you are cost wise, mine was £740 for one and £1560 for 3, I think euro found a place that charged £500.

I raise my mug of tea to yours, happy new year grin

viviennewestwould Mon 31-Dec-12 20:55:09

Thanks, Buzzy, I do appreciate people sharing their knowledge and opinions with me. Why do you think IUI is so hit-and-miss? Or is that a really dumb question? I don't even know what the success rates are for my age (41). Do you have any stats?

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 22:10:25

well you'd think it would work more when they are putting the lazy sperm right next to the egg hmm but for some reason it has a low %. If it wasn't so expensive i'd keep doing it. I think its about 5-10% ??

princesschick Mon 31-Dec-12 22:56:42

Happy New Year 10 plussers! I'm still here lurking and rooting for you all. An extra flamboyant wave of the pom poms and loud cheer leading battle cries for a plethora of BFPs in the coming months. It's all about winter 2013 BFPs now. A whole new batch. Here's to a fab and successful 2013 for all :-)

Me and Mr P are on the sofa in big jumpers, drinking tea and eating leftover birthday cake and watching telly, just home from eating ice cream, pizza, pop corn and watching the Hobbit. 2012 has been a weird one for us and we feel very very lucky to have finally got there. Don't lose the faith ladies, you'll all get there. It's in my mystic waters. Loads of love to you all xxx

viviennewestwould Mon 31-Dec-12 23:36:33

Crumbs. 5-10% sounds shit, right? sad

I'm also sat in my new pyjamas which, bizarrely, make me look like Chewbacca. My mum got me them for Christmas and they are literally a set of shaggy Fozzy Bear-type weirdness. I daren't ask her where she got them - they smell as though someone else has already worn them and the backs of my knees are beginning to itch hmm

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 23:42:41

is it a onesie wink I could be wrong about the stats but I'm pretty sure that is what they told us. Not sure why I am waiting till midnight hmm

buzzybee123 Mon 31-Dec-12 23:44:03

oops kitty keeps walking over my laptop, suddenly she wants to be my kitty princess good to hear from you

buzzybee123 Tue 01-Jan-13 16:35:50

viv just had a look at that other thread, frightful and slightly disturbing to say the least, thank goodness for this place grin hope you all had a lovely first day of the year smile

Thatssofunny Tue 01-Jan-13 16:59:11

Am I still allowed to join? Been trying since December 2011, but no luck, yet. Had to put the whole thing on hold for a few months as well, since we're getting married in the summer...fed up and beyond caring by now...don't mind being a very chubby bride. hmm

EuroShagmore Tue 01-Jan-13 17:04:36

I was told about 10% success rate for IUI too, buzz

Viv I found a clinic that offered IUI for £750 or you could buy a bundle of three for £1500. We did that. We have used two so I guess we have one in hand. We should use it but I needed an assisted conception break after the IVF debacle last summer. Maybe we will give it a go after the first natural IVF cycle.

Happy New Year to all the 10+ers, and thanks for your support and sharing over 2012. We have just been to dump our Xmas tree for recycling and frankly I am quite glad to see the back of both Xmas and 2012. It has mostly been a big pile of arse.

buzzybee123 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:14:42

funny welcome to the thread smile

euro I thought it was something like that, don't think my IVF % will be much better than that hmm I was thinking of taking down my decorations but got distracted, sorry its been a big pile of arse for you.

viviennewestwould Tue 01-Jan-13 17:26:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

buzzybee123 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:33:04

viv I only read the last few pages which was enough for me, some of them sound like they married to idiots though hmm AIBU threads are far more interesting grin

I think you can chose or the clinic will if you Super ovulate on your IUI round. I did as I hoped it would increase my chances but then its just putting more drugs in your body. I'm secretly liking the sound of chewbacca jim jams grin

EuroShagmore Tue 01-Jan-13 18:01:55

viv at my clinic I could choose natural or medicated IUI. I chose natural because on my three Letrozole cycles, my ovulation day kept changing, whereas it is always CD14-16 on a natural cycle, so it is much easier to time the IUI. I might try to give myself a boost for the last one though and try some drugs. The drugs will cost extra though.

Thatssofunny Tue 01-Jan-13 18:17:42

Thanks viv and buzzy
I also like the idea of a chewbacca pyjama. It sounds very nice and cosy. I've got something similar,...in purple,..my dad says I look like a teddybear in it...and he doesn't mean that in a nice way

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 18:28:22

Happy New Year 10+ers, thanks for the support over the last shitty one and onto a very happy and fruitful 2013 for all of us and welcome to funny!

I had a really good night, drank too much, ate too much but feel fine smile and I just did my first stab of 2013 (moved onto gonal-f because of my headaches, much less faff!) The stats I got quoted for IUI are 8-10% natural, 10-12% SO. And they consider it a numbers game, it takes a few tries to see whether it can happen this way for you (due to those stats) but particularly natural IUI is quite low impact, I found. RIght too knackered to think or write, so will be in tomorrow for more elaborate posting.

viviennewestwould Tue 01-Jan-13 19:02:27

I'm not afraid of the drugs. At my age I welcome the chance of producing more than one follicle per cycle (which is what is happening thanks to the Clomid). I don't mean to sound cavalier, you understand, and popping out two eggs per month still doesn't guarantee a pregnancy - I'm just running out of time.

Funny, the problem is these monstrosities smell like Chewbacca's been wearing them hmm

ThatWayMadnessLies Tue 01-Jan-13 20:14:28

Happy new year everyone!!! Had a lovely quiet night in with MrM able to tentatively have some bubbly now that the antibs are all finished grin. We have a lovely view of the fireworks every year if we open the velux windows and lean out a little so ideal really. I can't bear the crowds so very happy to watch the festivities on telly and see the fireworks in my pjs.

Welcome funny I am sure that you will feel very welcome and supported here. Lovely to have another bride to talk wedding stuff with now that nelly has become mrsnelly. I do love a good wedding!!

rabbit you were too quick on the sewing machine front. I have a Janome quilter's companion (very cheesy name I know) that is computerised. I absolutely love it. It was a far too expensive online impulse purchase but has been out to very good use so far grin.

To add to the IUI chat there's no point for us to try with the endo but my friend has just had success on her first round after trying for 5 years for baby number 2 so it obviously works for some people, despite the slightly off putting statistics.

I'm quite jealous about all of this talk of natural cycles. I am on the longest protocol ivf cycle known to man confused. I had a crazy mood swing the day before yesterday. Poor MrM didn't know what the hell was going on. I wanted to throw things and ended up in a hysterical heap on the bed blush. I came round and we had a lovely evening with friends visiting, but I'm hoping that it won't happen very often. We have a code word for next time so he knows that I am completely out of control and just need him to help me through it or back off until I resemble a human again. He really is a lovely husband.

Thank you to everyone here for welcoming me back so warmly over the past few months. I really appreciate the support and hope that on occasion I am able to repay the favour.

buzzybee123 Tue 01-Jan-13 20:45:44

madness one of my colleagues said she wanted to stab her husband with a fork when she was on the drugs grin the fireworks were amazing last night, we are up high and so see everyones efforts :-)

rabbitonthemoon Tue 01-Jan-13 20:48:57

Quick post I'm v tired indeed. Two late nights in a row is too much (a baby will actually break me) I'm a 9 hour sleep girl! Had a lovely new years walk today hurray for a bit of blue sky.

euro you have inspired me to get shot of the tree tomorrow. Time for not Christmas anymore to commence.

lemon happy new years stabbing. It is the Chinese year of the snake - its the 10 plussers mascot of animals we HAVE to do it this year!

madness I've started basic to see if I actually love it. I've made my first small thing today smile sorry about the mood. We have a bad mood stair for me. Ha!

Welcome funny.

Well I'm talking ttc again a bit because I have HURTING boobs. Why are some months boob agony and others not? I cant even wear a bra at the moment. Not that I really need one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now