Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

EuroShagmore Wed 20-Feb-13 11:33:07

Didals I was the same - the NHS was actually too quick for me. We had to put it off for 3 months because I just wasn't reasy.

Norf I looked out for your foot in stirrups on the news, but I think they must have cut that bit. ;) I definitely think it is worth giving the freezing a go. After all, they survived in the harsh lab environment for this long - they must be fairly hardy little buggers.

Northey Wed 20-Feb-13 12:16:49

Poor snubbed foot grin My clinic director is the one they keep interviewing.

Dildals Wed 20-Feb-13 15:03:01

that's another thing that I still regret not asking more / clinic not volunteering the info (newbies - pay attention!), this whole embryo classification system and understanding what is 'good' and not so good. The embryologist told me that there were 2 blastocysts (that were placed back) that were 'a bit slow' but fine apart from that otherwise they wouldn't have placed them back (I assume?). When I pushed her on it she said they were a couple of hours behind what they would expect to see. And to this day I am still puzzled and haunted by those words!

Sharonbenn Wed 20-Feb-13 15:46:07

Thanks for the tip Dildals. I'll make a note. It is amazing though that it comes down to changes that occur in a few hours.

I am so keen to get going now. I have another week to wait.

On a positive note it's ovulation this week so BF and I are enjoying a few last ditch attempts at letting nature do her thing just in case she decides to pull her finger out and come up trumps. wink

ScarlettInSpace England Wed 20-Feb-13 19:16:31

Another one here who got rushed straight into IVF without chance to think - to this day I still believe that contributed to such a hellish reponse to buserelin & a poor response to stim, I just wasn't mentally or physically prepared for it.

highlove Wed 20-Feb-13 20:12:27

With hindsight I think I rushed into IVF - was so desperate to be pregnant again after m/c that I just went at it full steam. After it failed, we were told we could go again three two periods later and initially we were going to do that but I decided I needed a bit longer. I'm glad I did - although partly because I'm dreading attempt number two!

HontyTont Wed 20-Feb-13 20:52:00

Well done Northey! Go girl... I've heard of many pregnancies with what is classified as "below quality" embbies

I obviously have no frosties as both mine are hopefully getting down to business in my womb! But even if I did I wouldn't be able to use them on an NHS cycle...my PCT only allows IVF cycles with fresh eggs!!!

Did I tell you have a picture of my embryos? Very strange the embryologist asked if we wanted the picture when she came to talk to us so we took it. Thought it would be something different to show our future child....if it works!

delilah test tomorrow or Friday? Good luck lovely xx

delilahbelle Thu 21-Feb-13 08:07:57

honty I have a scan tomorrow afternoon to see what's going on inside me, fingers crossed I have a passenger until October.

ScarlettInSpace England Thu 21-Feb-13 08:25:20

honty I'm not sure how I'd feel about a pic of the embryo!

delilah fx for you tomorrow x

Well all my worrying that this would be a longer cycle than normal and screw my planning up has gone out of the window - I've started spotting 2 days earlier than expected so it looks like CD1 will be Friday/Saturday rather than Monday which is worse timing wise than being late angry The best laid plans eh...

Sooo I am going to get my drugs today and nip in to see the nurses and ask if they are going to be able to do CD1/CD2 scan on saturday morning first thing as we are out for the day with SK's.

For some reason this has really pissed me off.

EuroShagmore Thu 21-Feb-13 09:50:24

honty I got given a picture from the ET ultrasound, of the point they shot the embie+carrier fluid into the womb. It looks a bit like the photocopier went wrong and just blobbed toner all over the page. grin

Fingers crossed for your scan, delilah!

Scarlett even waiting three months I really wasn't ready mentally. I had a counselling session at my clinic but it wasn't enough to get me through the hellish downregging.

ScarlettInSpace England Thu 21-Feb-13 09:54:27

euro I don't think anything could've prepared me for down reg - TFI short protocol this time wink

ScarlettInSpace England Thu 21-Feb-13 10:13:15

Although having said that, for some reason the spotting last night has really upset me, I thought I was ready for it this time but maybe not. Not putting it off any further though, there probably aren't many eggs left as it is...

Dildals Thu 21-Feb-13 10:52:53

I wish I got a picture! I didn't even see the actual release of embryos in to the wild! I was really scared that it was going to be painful. I've had some horrific IUD experiences and I was thinking this was going to be similar, on top of that the speculum felt like it was pinching my skin somewhere, so I just held DHs hand and looked at him. And then it was all done before I knew it! Oh well. At least I looked in to my husband's eyes when we 'conceived', that must count for something. The wee afterwards was the BEST wee ever. I wonder if anyone ever did a massive projectile wee over the doctor while in the akimbo position. It must've happened at one point right? ;-)

delilah hope your scan goes OK tomorrow, what time is it? Do you think there's still a chance?

delilahbelle Thu 21-Feb-13 11:02:56

Started bleeding v heavily and loads of cramps. Not a suprise, although I had had a smidgen of hope left. No need for that scan tomorrow now.

I am going to take a rest from this thread, might be back if we do a FET in the summer.

ScarlettInSpace England Thu 21-Feb-13 11:06:10

oh delilah so sorry to hear that, have a big unMN hug xx

Dildals Thu 21-Feb-13 11:25:34

Oh dear - I am so sorry. It's so hard to not get excited and then this happens. Hopefully the FET cycle works out. Be kind to yourself for the next couple of days. xxxx

EuroShagmore Thu 21-Feb-13 11:47:06

Oh delilah I am so, so sorry.

Sharonbenn Thu 21-Feb-13 11:58:13

Delilah I'm so sorry. That really sucks. Big hug and take care of yourself. Xx

delilah I'm really sorry, that's awful. I hope you manage to find some comfort and support before trying again. Take care of yourself.

Northey Thu 21-Feb-13 13:09:22

delilah, I'm really so very sorry for you. What a wretched thing to happen. Take care of yourself, won't you?

delilahbelle Thu 21-Feb-13 13:54:59

Well my doctor has been lovely. They agreed that the bleeding and cramps do sound like another early loss, and I'm in for a scan tomorrow at 8:30am to see what's going on inside me, hopefully not anything that will require further treatment.

Thanks for the messages everyone, I appreciate them very much.

highlove Thu 21-Feb-13 15:10:43

Delilah I'm so very sorry. It's shit and it's just not fair. Look after yourself x

Northey Thu 21-Feb-13 16:00:36

How are you feeling physically? Are you coping with pain ok? At my pregnancy losses I sort of found the physical pain a helpful distraction from the emotional anguish...

delilahbelle Thu 21-Feb-13 16:12:55

I am dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen (yes, I am that sure it's over I'm taking ibuprofen) and DH is keeping me supplied with hot water bottles.

I just feel a bit numb really.

Northey Thu 21-Feb-13 16:39:44

I wish I had helpful advice for you, instead of just sympathy.

This thread is not accepting new messages.