Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

HontyTont Mon 11-Feb-13 21:23:47

I've got 9....3 are around the 14-16mm mark
3 are around 11-14mm
And the rest are sitting around 10 or below

My lining is only 3.7 I think gone up from 3.3 on sat

What about you?

Northey Mon 11-Feb-13 21:30:30

Ten of any worth - two at 20-22mm and eight at 10-15. And some tiny ones. See, if they are going for my eight, thursday seems too early for EC, especially in light of yours, which are more advanced than mine, yet you are not doing EC till Fri. Argh! How can I be so obsessive about this?

Lining is good. 7.3 on Fri. It's just the follicles i an stressing about.

HontyTont Mon 11-Feb-13 22:09:08

north don't stress....I know easier said than done...but I was stressing that they wouldn't do EC on Friday and actually cancel my cycle as mine were so small on Thursday last week and I ran out of Merional yesterday and took a smaller dose. It's amazing what these follicles can do in just a few days, and its not just their size it's the levels of oestrogen too that they are producing that tells them whether they are ready for harvest. If they are confident to do EC on Thursday go with it...I reckon by Thursday your 8 will be at the 20 mark so you will have no worries. Have you got another scan before Thursday? When are you triggering? Tomorrow?

You sound like you are in a way better place than me...I thought I would have to take growth hormone again today but when they phoned aft they got my bloods back it wasn't prescribed, dr was happy at the rate of growth...so I feel like I have to put my faith in them, they are the experts....

Keep me posted and I will do the same....I have a scan tomorrow, I'm interested to see what 24 hrs can do, maybe that may put your mind at rest (fingers crossed I get some good growth tonight!)

Get some rest and visualise the follicles growing ( I don't normally go in for all that stuff but at this point I'm willing to give anything a go!)

Night x

keepitgoing Tue 12-Feb-13 03:24:41

caip, you silly thing. Let this be a message to us all ;) Wait till Wednesday!

north I'm sorry you have the stress of getting there on top of everything else. I'm sure there must be a b&b or travel lodge within a reasonable distance. Check laterooms.com. I agree it might be nice to have that night just the two of you. Re your husband... Well I do feel for them as at least there's nothing we have to do consciously. but at the same time I think, man up, it's nothing compared Could you send him in with a few dirty pictures of yourself, or naughty email or something?

honty great news on your follies too. Thanks for the iui good luck. I do not for a second expect it to work though. What are they doing for your lining at the moment? Do they want it up to 7mm by Friday?

Northey Tue 12-Feb-13 04:52:12

Triggering tonight, hont. Still, it means I have a good reason to leave work on the dot, in order to get home in time.

Your follicles sound fab - way better than my patchy, strung out lot. Good luck with scan today.

caip, did you test again this morning, lovely? Any change?

delilahbelle Tue 12-Feb-13 07:47:27

Good luck with the trigger tonight northey

Thinking of you caip - try not to retest until tomorrow

Any news anyone else?

Northey Tue 12-Feb-13 09:54:14

Thanks delilah. Hurrah for no more self-administered injections!

How are you doing on the pant-checking and worrying front?

delilahbelle Tue 12-Feb-13 10:02:58

Well no more spotting today which is good, but I have no other symptoms anymore which is not so good. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the beta results show my HCG going up as it should, and if it does I'll book an early viability scan privately at the end of the month.

The stress and waiting doesn't stop when you get that BFP.

delilah glad to hear no more spotting. I was terribly anxious yesterday because my sore breasts seemed to have gone away and the other symptoms I have been having are pretty nebulous. However last night in the middle of the night they were sore again (seems to be worse at night for some reason) and so I feel quite reassured. DH reminded me as well that in my pg with DS I was constantly fretting that a symptom had gone away only to have it return. I dared a google search and it seems pretty common - it is also v common to have no symptoms until later on.

I agree that the stress doesn't stop with the BFP, in a way it feels as though the stakes have just been raised! (not to imply I am not hugely grateful and lucky to have a BFP). However, in my googling I read some very reassuring stats that m/c are not that common (although i understand how real the risk feels esp when you have had one before) and I am trying to stick to that in my head.

dildals When you posted that bit about using a Clearblue to check whether your HCG levels are rising I thought about it and was tempted but how accurate are they? HCG levels vary so much it must be pretty approximately beyond the initial 2-3 wks and 4-5 wks. I am 5 wks now so wouldn't want to try it and get something that would cause me more worry.

northey and hont good luck with the EC, it's a major milestone.

caip so sorry about the neg result but I agree with the general op that it is not accurate so early. My clinic doesn't advise testing at home until 18 days past EC (blood test at 15 dpEC).

Dildals Tue 12-Feb-13 12:02:40

fairy my 'symptoms' disappeared as well, although the sore boobs are still there, I also did some googling and yeah I know that apparently it is common that symptoms come and go and that this early in the game there aren't really that many symptoms, but still I can't help worrying!
I did the CB test and it said pregnant, which I was already happy about, and 2-3 weeks, which is true too, I think I just have a benchmark now to see if I have moved up a category next week. (At least I don't have to worry about twins now!)
The success rates for my clinic showed that of the 174 ETs, 72 achieved pregnancy (41%) and 53 achieved a clinical pregnancy (30%), so those numbers still give me reason for caution.
I remember thinking earlier in the IVF process, oh, this isn't so bad, but it is the WAITING that kills you. The waiting for your EC date, the waiting for that call to hear how many fertilised, the waiting on the morning of Day3 to hear if your eggs have graduated to the Day 5 ET. Then the 2weeks wait, the wait until the 7w scan and 12w scan, THAT is the bit that drives me mental. I wil inject stuff in to my gut & shove pessaries over that any day.

dildals so on your clinic's success rate, 74% of those who achieved pregnancy had a viable scan (53 out of 72). That's not so bad!

Dildals Tue 12-Feb-13 12:18:21

The figures aren't that clear. The 41% equates to the success rates they quote of a seeing a fetal heartbeat after blastocyst transfer. So that is the 'good number'. Then I read it such that 125 of the 174 ETs get a positive test, of which 53 turn out to be only chemical pregnancies (or is that not what they mean with a 'clinical' pregnancy) and 72 go on to have a fetal heartbeat on the scan. But maybe I am reading it wrong! So if I am in the group of 125 I still have 42% chance of only getting a clinical pregnancy.

I think a 'clinical pregnancy' means seeing a heartbeat on the viability scan, whereas 'chemical pregnancy' is a very early miscarriage (eg within a week of a preg test). That's how my clinic defines it. This article seems to say it too: http://miscarriage.about.com/od/diagnosingpregnancyloss/qt/clinicalpreg.htm

delilahbelle Tue 12-Feb-13 12:25:09

It's horrible this waiting isn't it? Stay positive though fairy and didals

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 12-Feb-13 12:34:21

I agree about the waiting, hence my hiccup last night! I have no problem sticking something up my bum twice a day but the waiting....
Didn't test again this morning (and won't tonight!) But although I'm not paying any attention to the test yesterday, I do now feel more prepared for a negative tomorrow

Good luck for later northey and best wishes to everyone else xx

EuroShagmore Tue 12-Feb-13 12:38:43

Morning ladies. I agree the waiting is awful. TIme is really dragging until my blood test tomorrow. I am also really worried that something will go wrong. My mum miscarried 4 after me and I have childhood memories of being at the hospital and it not being good news, I that is always in the back of my mind.

Dildals Tue 12-Feb-13 13:24:32

OK, well that changes the odds substantially doesn't it. So it means 72 of the 174 get a positive test, of which then 19 (15%) do not get to the fetal heartbeat stage. These are the 2010 figures and the 2011 figures are better than this anyway. Well, fairy you have made my day ;-).

dildals happy to be of help! I think that must be right because if 125 out of 174 got a positive test that would mean that 72% of ET are successful (at least to HPT)- when you consider that is presumably taking in all ages, that would indicate a success rate over 80 or even 90% for under 35s which seems extremely high.

delilahbelle Tue 12-Feb-13 18:00:47

<bleugh> I feel very sick. Sadly I don't think I can assign this to pregnancy though, more to greed as I have eaten most of a cold pizza today, left over from last nights Dominos order.

I have an evening in front of the TV planned - what are the rest of you up to?

Northey Tue 12-Feb-13 18:06:08

I am dashing home on train from trigger shot at 7pm.

Did anyone find that they smelled different below while stimming?

Dildals Tue 12-Feb-13 19:02:00

delilah i am making pancakes! Shrove Tuesday!
northey no to the smelly question! Make sure you take a day off after EC! And hope Mr Northey delivers on the early morning delivery slot!

delilahbelle Tue 12-Feb-13 19:11:50

didals I would love pancakes - but I am too lazy to make them just for myself and DH is away with work. I am going to spend the night watching trash on TV and trying not to endless google variations of "5 weeks pregnant brown spotting"
I am on permanent knickerwatch, and (TMI) currently have beige CM.

Northey I hope the trigger shot went OK, and now you get to enjoy a drug free day until EC Thursday morning.

Sharonbenn Tue 12-Feb-13 19:51:38

Hello everyone. I'm on my way to dancing. I love it.

Good luck with the shot northey and with tomorrow's test Caip.
Congrats Euro I hope you are feeling ok.

I finally have my appt with the nurse in the diary for the 21st. Apparently they have ordered my drugs and the company will call me re payment and delivery. I start down reg on 28th. Scared but excited. It is hard following the thread when I haven't experienced it yet but it is good to share stories and news.

Have a good evening all.
S x

Dildals Tue 12-Feb-13 19:54:22

delilah DH was supposed to be away tonight so was hoping to get a few recorded Silent Witness in, but alas no such luck. Bath and a book for me I reckon. Beige eh? Love the term knickerwatch btw, am on knockerwatch every morning too, to check if they're still sore smile.

HontyTont Tue 12-Feb-13 20:19:38

So not great news today...it seems I have had very little or no growth of my follies over night sad
My lining has increased from 3.7 to 6.7 though
I'm not sure what's going to happen, most probably not doing EC on Friday now...maybe over weekend.
To top it all off a had a call (left a voice message) from the clinc aft reviewing today's blood to tell me to have another shot of full dose Merional tonight but no instructions about going and having another scan tomorrow....the nurse booked me in this morning incase they told me to come in but whoever left me the message failed to tell me if I should go in or not...what should I do?
I'm really scared they are going to cancel my cycle...has this ever happened to anyone?

North hope the trigger shot went well and you have sorted out travel and sleeping plans for wed/thurs....your follies are defo in a better place than mine!

keep they are not doing anything for the lining but as its growing I don't think they are too worried...I think the goal is 7 or 8 for EC...whenever that is now

euro, Delilah, caip hope all your tests go well tomorrow

Sorry if I've missed anyone

Happy pancake day!

This thread is not accepting new messages.