Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 02:29:12

Just to weigh in... You don't get 'leakage' when you have diarrhoea, so I think the muscle is pretty strong blush

I had my iui on Sat, last one. My lining was a bit thin so was given HRT!!! Which is just oestrogen, but seems weird.

euro masses of luck for this morning

delilahbelle Mon 11-Feb-13 06:10:24

euro I'm thinking of you this morning, I hope you get the result you want.

Northey Mon 11-Feb-13 07:21:10

Me too. Waiting to celebrate or console...

highlove Mon 11-Feb-13 07:24:33

I've been stalking this thread for a little while awaiting my next cycle. An stepping in now to wish Euro lots of luck - have everything crossed for you..

EuroShagmore Mon 11-Feb-13 07:45:38

Thanks ladies.

Am shaking. There is a second line. I think I tested the trigger shot out last week. But now I am wondering if it was just a very concentrated wee this morning or something.

Blood test Weds. ARGH.

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 07:51:07

AMAZING!!! You know it's not the trigger shot, lovely.

Congratulations, am so happy for you!!

delilahbelle Mon 11-Feb-13 07:51:50

OMG grin A cautious congratulations.
At 12dpo the trigger shot should be gone, lets hope your blood test gives you a lovely strong positive on Wednesday.

Well done Euro!

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 07:53:17

The trigger never properly went cos it was overtaken by real hcg!! grin

highlove Mon 11-Feb-13 07:54:40

You are 14DP trigger, right? Unless you had an unusually large dose it really won't be that. A cautious, everything crossed congratulations!

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 08:05:47

Any way to get an earlier blood test? Just sayin'

Northey Mon 11-Feb-13 08:38:27

Could an earlier blood test distinguish between hcg from trigger shot and hcg from pregnancy any more than a stick could, though?

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 09:01:50

Am clueless, but imagine any leftover trigger would be less than a 12dpo hcg?
Hope you have an OK day euro and can work...

EuroShagmore Mon 11-Feb-13 09:44:17

Yep, highlove - 14dp trigger.

Shocked.

Northey Mon 11-Feb-13 09:56:48

Very long session with the dildocam! Two mature follicles and eight in a cluster behind and then a whole host of tinies. Doctors will review today and decide whether to sacrifice the top two to try to bring on the following eight to maturity. Egg collection prob Thurs or Fri.

CaipirinhasAllRound Mon 11-Feb-13 09:57:21

Wow fab news Euro!

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 10:21:14

Sounds good north?

EuroShagmore Mon 11-Feb-13 10:28:11

That sounds good North - eight would be a great number.

euro - wow what great news! really happy for you!

northey good luck with the EC it sounds as though you are coming along nicely!

sorry quick covert post at work!

Northey Mon 11-Feb-13 10:55:44

I don't knoooooow! What is meant to be good? My research didn't extend this far. I know IOTO and all that but I also want a great massive safety net, please.

keepitgoing Mon 11-Feb-13 11:13:30

Well, if they go for the eight then that's loads, look at euro. Or if they go for the two then its two for sure, so also good!! Win win...?

Dildals Mon 11-Feb-13 11:45:48

euro congrats!
northey what a difficult position to be in, I haven't got any advice for you I am afraid.
hontytont I hope yours grow grow grow

I was laughing at all the pessary convo this morning over breakfast and then promptly forgot my own 'fanny candle'! D'oh!

Dildals Mon 11-Feb-13 11:58:04

On another note - I found out that Clear Blue do a test that shows how many weeks ago you conceived. So you can use this test to see if your HCG levels are increasing (if you do it weekly, say).

delilahbelle Mon 11-Feb-13 12:07:44

More pinky brown discharge for me this morning after nothing for ages. Much darker line on a test stick too though.

Beta result on Thursday, I'm going to be keeping everything crossed my HCG levels have increased enough.

Hope levels back down again - I veer between planning for a pregnancy and scared of a miscarriage. Just can't relax.

CaipirinhasAllRound Mon 11-Feb-13 12:40:40

I am so tempted to get a test today but am worried about getting a negative. At least not knowing means I can carry on hoping! My EC was 2 weeks ago today. Test or wait til Wed?

Dildals Mon 11-Feb-13 13:41:49

My EC was also on a Monday and the OTD on a Wednesday. I tested on the Monday afternoon 14 days after EC and got a positive. So it's possible to test, question is whether you want to or not! I wasn't able to contain myself any longer.

This thread is not accepting new messages.