Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

delilahbelle Fri 08-Feb-13 10:56:53

*gutted. Stupid auto correct!

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 08-Feb-13 11:02:22

Euro - stay positive

I'm off to brave Ikea in Wembley as I need some poster size frames. Wish me luck

Northey Fri 08-Feb-13 14:42:03

euro, your subconscious had probably already done the 9 day calculation way ahead of you and just set you up for a day of anxiety. I'm really not sure anything means very much at all these days. We just have to plug on... Are you still testing the hcg out of your system?

EuroShagmore Fri 08-Feb-13 14:54:53

norfy I've considered that, but this time yesterday I was batsh1t mental with PMT-type symptoms. Today I feel completely balanced. Hmmm.

I tested again this morning. There was the ghost of a line but you really had to squint and look at it a bit funny to see anything at all, so I think I will be safe to test for real Sunday/Monday.

Northey Fri 08-Feb-13 15:20:16

Scan went well, btw. I have 7 on one side and 5 on the other all between 7 and 12 mm. And a host of smaller ones they are not counting yet. And a lovely womb lining <preens> The nurse said that they would be looking at EC on Wed at earliest but prob Friday.

delilahbelle Fri 08-Feb-13 15:38:10

Well done Northey a lovely crop of eggs growing. This time next week EC will be over and done with. Are you aiming for a day 2/3 or day 5 transfer?

Euro fingers crossed, I really hope you get a good result.

caip how was ikea?

Dildals Fri 08-Feb-13 15:50:04

I thought a day five transfer was always preferred because the success rates are higher with blastocysts - is that not the case?

Northey Fri 08-Feb-13 15:54:21

It is, dildals, but if you only get one embryo, you prob don't want to take the risk of leaving it outside the body too long because you don't have any spares if you guesse wrong about whether it was going to survive or not.

delilah, apparently I am a good candidate for getting to blastocyst stage, assuming I get an egg from most follicles, as we'll have enough to play with <touches all the wood in sight>

delilahbelle Fri 08-Feb-13 17:45:31

Just had a save the date card for a friend's wedding - a month after my (hopeful) due date. Hopefully it will be our first formal event as a family!

Sharonbenn Fri 08-Feb-13 23:51:24

That's nice Delilah. I know what you mean. I usually dread those family events so it's nice to think that there will come a time when I will also be there with my own little family.

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 20:43:06

How's everyone today?

I'm getting lots if tiny twinges in my ovaries or uterus or somewhere down there, anyone else?

EuroShagmore Sat 09-Feb-13 21:06:50

Hi Caip. I'm mizz. No symptoms since they all disappeared overnight a couple of days ago. Now dreading test date rather than looking forward to it. Meh.

How many days past ec/et are you?

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 21:17:22

I had ET last Saturday which was day 5 so testing in Wed. When are you due to test?
It's so hard isn't it. For all we know, no symptoms could be great and subconscious just be the progesterone

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 21:18:33

Damn auto correct. That's mean to say symptoms not subconscious!

EuroShagmore Sat 09-Feb-13 21:30:10

I had a 2 day ET last Friday, so OTD is also Weds. We can hand hold one another if needed!

delilahbelle Sat 09-Feb-13 21:37:17

Good luck Caipirin and Euro I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of you.

Isabeller good luck for Friday

Northey when is your next scan?

Isabeller Sat 09-Feb-13 21:52:20

Hi Caipi I am getting similar twinges, 90% of time putting these down to side effects but now and again think 'something's going on'.

I've had a couple of days where I felt incredibly normal first thing (mostly not been feeling too good) Euro then keeled over unexpectedly in the afternoon and fell asleep.

It's completely impossible to make any sense of this of course smile.

Are you having a blood test Caipi? I was given a take away clearblue and I'm a bit confused now as it sounds as if different clinics give different advice about when to test - please advise me anyone!

Crossing my fingers for everyone xx Is

delilahbelle Sat 09-Feb-13 21:57:02

isabeller Counting EC as day 0, most clinics want you to test day 16 - but you might get a positive as early as day 10. Don't test early if you can though, it just leads to extra stress in my experience. Good luck!

Karbea Sat 09-Feb-13 23:02:59

delilah no, I did ivf last year at the argc, we are going to try again hopefully starting end of this month.

Isabeller Sat 09-Feb-13 23:06:30

Thanks delilah EC (of donor) was on 29th so the OTD I've been given is day 17...

could it be because it's not a blood test?

Really not sure whether I should ask the clinic or just get a test booked somewhere else.

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 23:24:46

isabeller I was given a test to do at home too
I'm knackered as well

Isabeller Sun 10-Feb-13 05:39:18

I'm nervously excited for you Caipi and Euro, I hope the next few days fly by.

Thank you everyone for unmuddling me about the test date, it is a real support to hear that other people are having similar experiences.

thanks thanks thanks

Northey Sun 10-Feb-13 07:52:13

Next scan is tomorrow, delilah.

Is it anything to worry about if you make yourself bleed when injecting? I just did it this morning with the cetrotide sad Does it mean I hit a vein?

EuroShagmore Sun 10-Feb-13 07:56:39

My EC was the 30th so I will be 14 dpEC when asked to go for my blood test.

Norfy it's nothing to worry about. You probably just hit a little capillary. It's normal. It get worse if you are on aspirin or stronger to thin the blood!

Dildals Sun 10-Feb-13 08:03:10

Exciting times for euro and caip! Fingers crossed.

My symptoms have diminished, boobs still sore, but feel lots more normalsad. I am not super thirsty anymore, although i still wake up for a wee every night. The gassiness and bloating has come down too. Of course now fretting about what's going on. From reading a few forums here and there i understand that pregnancy symptoms come and go, and it is so early in the game for me to have proper symptoms anyway. Then, on the other side of the spectrum, i had a panic moment yesterday about having twins! Pfff, counting the days, like all of you. Baking an apple strudel today to keep my mind busy! Unheard of, this homely behaviour.

I wonder how fairy is doing?

This thread is not accepting new messages.