Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

Dildals Fri 01-Feb-13 19:56:29

delilah don't give up just yet! You don't know whether it has worked or not! I have been pregnant once before (which sadly MCed) but in those very first days you dont really feel much at all, so who knows!

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 01-Feb-13 20:25:23

Congrats Euro and fingers crossed!
I'm going in for ET tomorrow but at the moment am worrying that they might not do it as I think I have some degree of OHSS. Especially as down regging last time made me develop loads of cysts. I am ridiculously bloated and sore and look about 5 months pregnant. I'm struggling to fit in much food and am trying to drink loads but it's hard. I've called the clinic twice and they asked about weeing which is fine, also if I was short if breath, which I'm not although I keep thinking I'm maybe breathing more shallow than normal. They did say their preference is to always get the embies in unless you're really ill so we'll see. They would freeze them if they couldn't do it tomorrow.
I also just want to feel better as this is miserable

keepitgoing Sat 02-Feb-13 01:53:08

Well done euro!! I am loving the sound of this natural ivf! You only need one! I hope the next two weeks are not too mental.

caip I'm so sorry you're feeling so rubbish. I really hope they will go ahead tomorrow, but don't play it down (I think that's what I'd do, then fret it had lies chance etc.). I'm thinking of you today.

Not long for some of you now! Hang in there.

EuroShagmore Sat 02-Feb-13 12:47:50

Thanks keep. The only downside I am seeing to natural is potentially needing multiple egg collections. I found that incredibly tough psychologically. Being strapped into stirrups whilst being put to sleep really distressed me and I keep getting flashbacks. But those are my issues and if you are fine with EC there really isn't a downside. It is a lot less all-consuming. I only really felt like I was doing IVF over 5 days (from trigger shot Monday to ET Friday). Before that it was just a few scans and by this point, those are nothing. Today I feel completely normal again. It is a huge contrast to the mess I got into with the drugs before.

I hope your ET went well Caip.

Delilah don't give up yet. It is still early days.

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 13:20:56

I have a tiny confession. Next lot of tests (FR) arrived whilst DH was out, and I couldn't stop myself POAS. blush
Yes I know, at 8dp2dt it's very early, but I just had to know.
Anyway, I got a BFP!!!!!! It came up straight away, no squinting, it's definitely a line.

Am in shock.

grin

keepitgoing Sat 02-Feb-13 13:42:35

Aaaaaah that is amazing news!! Our first bfp. Congratulations!
Tell us your TTC story

grin

Dildals Sat 02-Feb-13 13:44:59

That's fantastic delilahbelle!!!!! And you didn't have a trigger shot so it's a real one! See, and you thought it hadn't worked only a day ago! Now, cross legs and hold on to it!

keepitgoing Sat 02-Feb-13 13:45:12

Oh euro I'm sorry that bit was tough. Maybe the second time would be easier as you'd know what to expect. But hopefully you won't need lots. After all, you got a good embryo, so why would your chances now be less than regular ivf...

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 13:52:45

euro keep your chin up. You're PUPO now, and with any luck won't need to do it again because it will work.

I cautiously very happy, but also aware a lot can still go wrong. Going to be keeping fingers, legs, and everything else I can crossed didals

ScarlettInSpace Sat 02-Feb-13 13:54:55

Yay! Wow that's Fab news grin

Here's to many many more!

keepitgoing Sat 02-Feb-13 13:55:01

Is this your first ever bfp? Am grinning for you smile

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 14:14:01

Hi keeping

I've had 2 chemicals in the past sad one from IVF and one natural. I then had a laparoscopy after these and a hydrosalpinx removed, which was suspected of aborting the pregnancies by leaking nasty fluid. My other tube was also damaged, all from undiagnosed PID, although I've never had an STI.
Unfortunately by the time we went for IVF again my FSH levels had risen, and my AMH was low. I didn't respond well and only got one low quality embryo to transfer, and another chemical, then we had FET with embryos from our first cycle, but again only one low quality embryo survived the thaw. BFN that time.
I then went to ARCG and they treated me with Humira for raised cytokines, but by that stage my FSH was above 20, so it was game over for IVF with my own eggs.

So after a month lick our wounds me and DH decided we would pursue DE abroad, and here I am, a very early BFP from my first DE cycle, terrified of another chemical pregnancy, but also hopeful.

Bit of an essay that wink

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 02-Feb-13 14:45:44

Congrats Delilah fab news!

We've had 1 blastocyst transferred today and another 4 frozen. We discussed not doing it because of OHSS but decided to go for it and keep our fingers crossed I don't get worse. Will be testing on the 13th

keepitgoing Sat 02-Feb-13 14:56:36

Well done caip!

Delilah what a journey. Fx this one will stick now you've had issues sorted.

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 15:08:59

caip huge congratulations, got everything crossed for you.

keepitgoing I hope so. The consultant who did the laparoscopy and the IVF after that was lovely, and couldn't believe it had been missed before. She showed me before and after photos of my insides, and she did tidy it up a lot in there. Just a shame my ovaries gave up the ghost.

Still can't believe it, keep having to go stare at the pee-stick. DH is bemused at my behaviour, and also at the number of tests I still have to do. grin

delilahwonderful! That is such great news!

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 16:26:35

Tempted to test fairy ?

Dildals Sat 02-Feb-13 17:10:46

delilah what are you going to do with the tests you have left over?

EuroShagmore Sat 02-Feb-13 17:25:00

That's brilliant news, delilah.

I'm actually in pretty good spirits. Quite relaxed at this point. What will be, will be. If I have to go through EC again, I will see if it can be done under local. I'm reasonably good with pain. I am not at all good with situations where I am not in control and being strapped into stirrups and knocked out is kind of the epitome of loss of control!

Caip I'll have my fingers crossed for you. It's great that you have so many frosties.

delilah I'm tempted but just too scared! I don't want to ruin the weekend. Also I only have one old cheap test in the house so I don't trust it to be reliable so early.

caip I had mild OHSS symptoms as well between EC and et (got hugely bloated and had a bit of trouble urinating) but it went away pretty quickly. I was terrified to say anything in case they cancelled the transfer but luckily it was fine before ET. Congrats!

euro congrats to you as well!

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 17:40:09

didals that's what DH wanted to know! I think I will be working my way through them whenever I need a lift.

euro glad you are feeling relaxed about EG happening again if it has to, hopefully it won't be needed though.

fairy I know how you feel, good luck whenever you do decide to test.

Still mostly symptom free, a bit crampy, sore boobs, but then I'm not expecting anything much to happen yet.

Dildals Sat 02-Feb-13 17:41:46

fairy hang in there, only couple more days before we can test ....

Isabeller Sat 02-Feb-13 20:24:59

Good luck everyone I'm thinking of you (and have read up to date smile to delilah) although too tired to namecheck everyone blush

Our ET yesterday went well. After a chat with my GP I decided it was right to go ahead with SET, we have the hope of a frozen cycle if we are not lucky this time or perhaps even if we are.

I'm very tired and resting whenever I can, DP has been very good helping with the more physical side of looking after his Mum. It's made me realise how much I usually expect myself to do.

xx Is

Isabeller Sat 02-Feb-13 20:26:01

Great news caipi smile

EuroShagmore Sat 02-Feb-13 20:31:30

We are ET twins, isabeller. Good luck to you, and everyone else currently undergoing treatment.

This thread is not accepting new messages.