Deck your halls & dress your trees, the BESH are gifting BFPs

(978 Posts)
WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 16:21:09

Doff your top hats, lean on your canes, 'tis a Victorian Christmas for the BESH. Baste those turkeys in Victoria & Albert style, and maintain a stiff upper lip when you fill in the BESHtionnaire to see if you are cynical stoic enough to win a Baybee.

Northey Tue 01-Jan-13 20:04:32

Ah, maybe I was thinking of you then jethro.

I have been suppressing sobs at Up as well.

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Tue 01-Jan-13 20:51:22

Er delicate questions fellow BESH. I think I may have a touch of thrush: I've been a tad itchy for the last week or so and it's got to the stage where I can't ignore it. I had thrush when I was younger and it was worse than this, hence my ignoring it so far. Would I be ok to get some Canestan or the like? I'm very wary if sticking anything near/up my fanjo whilst TTC.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 01-Jan-13 20:57:15

Canestan is fine Frank. Ideally just the cream especially in tww. If it gets bad, you can use the pessary but advice when diffed is not to use the applicator so maybe apply those rules?

Happy New Year to you all. I have mostly been in bed or under a towel inhaling steam. Very ouchy virusness! Not fun sad

Northey Tue 01-Jan-13 20:57:55

I've used canesten merrily during the ttc years. I'm not sure it had an effect on anything at any stage. Though I did give myself a burning peeling fanjo in the last bout, by accidentally picking up the Canesten athletes foot tube instead of the Canesten fanjo one (they are alarmingly sinister in appearance).

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Tue 01-Jan-13 21:48:32

Thanks ladies, er gents grin I'll go and buy a tube tomorrow.

FriendofDorothy Tue 01-Jan-13 22:04:35

I have thrush at the moment and the itching is driving me insane. I just want to have a day when I wake up not thinking about how much my fanjo hurts.

bluer Tue 01-Jan-13 22:54:40

Try pads chilled in the freezer and then smear them with some out of date bio yoghurt...it helps. salt baths also work for a time!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 02-Jan-13 08:57:58

Norf gets the dubious honour of making me both smile and feel sick at the same time this morning. And many sympathies to the thrushy ladies gentlemen. I have too much experience with it (and the only thing that helps is those really hard core prescription tablets that cannot be taken combined with possible diffedness).

I bid you all a good day, young gentlefolk, as I shall be involved in that most ungentlemanlike pursuit that is earning my living by the toil of my hands. typing mostly My best regards to you all, and I shall endeavour to produce more suitably victorian old-fashioned epistles to my dearest b-friends later this second day of the most auspicious year of 2013.

EuroShagmore Wed 02-Jan-13 10:25:30

Morning Hags, I mean Gents.

I have just opened Outlook to see I have 213 emails awaiting me. I think I need more coffee.

JethroTull Wed 02-Jan-13 15:45:37

Still reading the emails Euro? What are you down to now?

I'm not back at work until Monday. I took the dog & my lovely nephew for a massive walk this morning, went to the cafe at the park for a bacon & egg sandwich and now I am watching some of my SATC box set. Bliss.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 15:59:37

I have had lovely Neph time too, Jeff.

I have only had thrush once, thank goodness.

JethroTull Wed 02-Jan-13 16:12:51

Nephs are great!

I got in once when I was working on an event in St Lucia. I had no idea what it was & couldn't get to a pharmacist to find out. Itchy fanjo on a 9 hour flight home was brutal. Sending cooling thoughts to Dot & Frank

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:20:10

<winces>

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:33:33

How does everyone cope with bring told they need to be positive? Everyone says it dont they? But say you just know underneath everything that though you might as well go along with the treatment, you're pretty certain it won't work for you? A new year's resolution for me could well be "BE POSITIVE". But how do you make yourself positive when you know you'll be disappointed anyway? Genuine question.

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Wed 02-Jan-13 16:49:34

I know what you mean Rie, HWHNN is a big believer in positive mental attitude and is forever telling me to try to be more positive.

I don't always succeed, but find that giving myself a literal talking to - sometimes in front of the mirror blush - helps. I also try to watch/listen to something funny, even if its just a silly YouTube video.

When you've had the amount of setbacks that we've all been through, it's easy to slip into that pit of doom.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 17:08:26

It's not even a pit of doom mostly, if I'm honest, just a kind of flat acceptance of the futility if hope. For me that is. Not anyone else.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 02-Jan-13 17:08:34

I don't do positive attitudes, aries. I really can't find any evidence it makes a difference to outcomes and it feels like setting myself up for a fall. So no good tips. BUT having said that, trying to feel okay during treatment etc is a good plan, I think, so whether you do that by doing fun things, giving yourself a pep-talk, going for a run or shopping your way too happiness not talking about you, euro. I think it makes sense to do that. Not for treatment outcomes, but just because you're more than a fertility treatment/problem.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Wed 02-Jan-13 17:09:23

aries, ariel or arie not only don't I do positive, I don't seem to do spelling either wink

JethroTull Wed 02-Jan-13 17:19:08

V good post Drizz. trying to feel ok - very important.

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 17:27:01

<awards Good, Sensible Post badge to Drizz> Think you've nailed it there. Trying to make yourself feel better for your sake, not fertility's.

evilgiraffe Wed 02-Jan-13 18:24:46

Oh god, heavily pregnant friend is here, I am not coping. Hiding in kitchen/bathroom does not work as a long term solution, what do I do?! <panic>

<must not cry>

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Wed 02-Jan-13 18:31:50

Put down some shutters <metaphorical> Have a stiff drink. How long is she here for? Change the subject when she brings up baby stuff.

evilgiraffe Wed 02-Jan-13 18:38:50

I have a beer. Her husband is useful in taking non-baby conversational cues... They're here for dinner so another couple of hours... <arrrrrrgh>

Northey Wed 02-Jan-13 18:44:30

Drink the beer. Get yourself another one. Try to talk mostly to the husband until you've got yourself together. Or can you take over the cooking and serving side of things to get yourself out of the room lots?

evilgiraffe Wed 02-Jan-13 19:12:15

DH has got everyone on to my parents' new kitchen, everyone now talking about cutlery "for best" and breaking wedding present wine glasses - thank fuck, that's so much easier smile It makes a big difference to know you guys are here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now