Deck your halls & dress your trees, the BESH are gifting BFPs

(978 Posts)
WinklyVersusTheZombies Sun 16-Dec-12 16:21:09

Doff your top hats, lean on your canes, 'tis a Victorian Christmas for the BESH. Baste those turkeys in Victoria & Albert style, and maintain a stiff upper lip when you fill in the BESHtionnaire to see if you are cynical stoic enough to win a Baybee.

JethroTull Mon 31-Dec-12 16:56:05

<clutches Rie to megre buzwams>

NYE is always such a let down. Back in the day I'd spend a small fortune on an outfit, ticket to a club and a taxi home. I gave in a few years ago & admitted I had more fun sat on the sofa!

Anyway hags, wishing you all a successful and positive 2013.

<opens bottle of IVF friendly Schloer>

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 17:18:34

<cradles all BESH in my now oh so ample buzzwams>

Generally a crappy year. I have high hopes for 2013 for you lot though!

Y'know they send end off the end of the year as you intend to spend the next one? I'll be curled up in bed, feeing like crap with a viral infection! Ruddy germs.

evilgiraffe Mon 31-Dec-12 17:30:31

Hear, hear. <raises glass to Norf's toast>

2013 can only be better! And we're ringing it in with several good friends who are coming over in about half an hour - we're doing cocktails and pizza and an as-yet-unspecified film grin

Also, hosting comes with the added benefit of having done SO MUCH HOUSEWORK so we shall start the new year all clean and tidy, hoorah!

EuroShagmore Mon 31-Dec-12 17:38:09

Happy New Year one and all. Save for the few of us who have been blessed in 2012, I hope 2013 is less of a pile of arse than the past year has been.

I spent the morning toddler-wrangling while bf's husband was at work. Three of them combined = pure chaos. They are uber cute though. Then we've been out to buy chocs and champers for tonight.

We got a last minute invite (although it feels a little forced - we invited them and they reciprocated as they have a 2 month old baby, so we guessed that might happen) so we are off out for dinner later. I have bought another new thing to wear this (bad Euro!). Must. Stop. Shopping.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 17:40:28

Have fun euro! I am envy at your clothes!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 20:06:45

Woo a fred I started is in most active!

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 31-Dec-12 23:11:12

Should I poas in the morning and get 2013's first BFN out of the way? grin

Home from working saying goodbye to wine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

RockinaroundtheTippletree Tue 01-Jan-13 09:11:40

Ick....I have just naturally woken up at 830, tomorrow is going to kill me. Must be organised and get everything super ready to go for she I get up!

How was everyone's new year? We got woken up at midnight to fireworks and a loud singing party just over from us. Some mad bastard had a whistle and made the most of it for a full five minutes!!!

Twinkly - I think not for POAS, don't risk a shitty start to the NY I'm I kinda tempted too myself though I'm only 7DPO.

I drank a lot of wine last night and am now really feeling it sad

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Tue 01-Jan-13 09:39:44

Good morning BESH and a very happy new year to you all.

We went out for dinner with some friends in our village and then on to the local British Legion to watch a band who were, quite frankly, shite! It did nothing for my opinion that NYE is a massive let-down: I could have gone home after dinner and considered it a good night. We didn't get home till 1am and I've only had about 5 hours sleep thanks to HWHNN's snoring hmm

As has already been said, here's hoping 2013 is substantially better than 2012 for all of us.

EuroShagmore Tue 01-Jan-13 11:51:02

Morning BESH. Well, we had a nice evening at the end - just a quiet dinner with friends. The evening seemed to whizz by. Fortunately, I managed not to get too morose about ttc stuff.

I had a terrible night though. I didn't get to sleep until nearly 4am (and I wasn't out that late!). Meh. I feel knackered and groggy today. I'm considering running but I'm not sure I have the energy.

bluer Tue 01-Jan-13 12:41:01

Happy new year. Hope everyone gets what they wish for wine

evilgiraffe Tue 01-Jan-13 13:26:52

Happy new year everyone! I had a fabulous evening last night, good friends and lots of cocktails and good music and a crappy film and much giggling and conversation until 2.30am. Then this morning we all had coffee and bacon and went for a walk, now everyone has gone home, the dishwasher is on, so DH and I are chilling smile

I think we're likely to have an early night tonight, though!

Northey Tue 01-Jan-13 13:47:58

I had a truly excellent night - very alcoholic, bed at 3am, up at 5am, flight at 6.30am, back in Blighty (am getting in practice for the 40s fred) at 8am. Now on the sofa with a bag of minstrels and a cookery programme. NY healthy ivf resolutions start tomorrow.

blonderthanred Tue 01-Jan-13 14:20:57

Happy new year BESH, here's truly wishing 2013 is your year.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 01-Jan-13 14:27:07

Happy new year to all you luffly BESH.

I've had a busy busy week. Will post properly in a couple of days.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 18:30:58

Happy new year, hags!
We had a lovely, very alcoholic one too, followed by a day of stabbing and home cooking and a walking in the park. Now very knackered so more later.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 18:32:16

Oh and mahoosive AGREE with norf about the last year. Oh and I might join you on superhealth. SB commented on my growing belly angry

Northey Tue 01-Jan-13 19:01:38

Was this your first stab, lem? How was it?

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 19:09:14

No, norf. I've been stabbing for months wink. My diffed and recent duff IUI-cycles were SO with menopur, a stab a day (for 7-9 days respectively). Today I got to stab with gonal-f, to see whether I get less headaches on that. And it was a lot less faffy (no worries, frank menopur is easy too, and cheaper, I think, but gave me a very sore head). It was piss easy, no pain, no blood, no nothing. But hopefully two-three follies in a week or so...

Northey Tue 01-Jan-13 19:28:47

Oh sorry blush I've lost track a bit of who is where.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 19:32:28

It's prefectly fine. I am very happy to hand-hold newbie stabbers - you in February, right?

JethroTull Tue 01-Jan-13 19:35:37

I'm starting the Menopur tomorrow - bit worried about the mixing faff. But so far the actual stabbing has been fine. northey I lose track of who is doing what so for the record I'm on my first go of IVF with ICSI & Array CGH testing.

I woke up this morning and thought it must be the first new year for 19 years that I've not drunk on NYE! I'm currently watching Up and blubbing like a child.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 19:46:17

It is not difficult, jethro. I found it faffy, particularly getting the last little bit of liquid out and breaking the glass vials. But if you take your time, it will be fine. I made SB handhold, by being there, the first few goes. After a couple of days of it, I was done before he noticed me leaving the living room.

For the record, third (and final?) IUI+SO.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 01-Jan-13 19:46:38

(and sixth IUI in total)

JethroTull Tue 01-Jan-13 19:57:57

thanks Lem - I think I will ask SSG to assist with the first one. Fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now