TTC after recent mc - thread 3. Handholding, naff jokes and the infamous Laura Ashley skirt.

(976 Posts)

Happy new thread! Here's hoping for lots of Christmas and new year bfp's, and long healthy pregnancies for everyone. smile

janie he wants to be a but clueless tbh, he doesn't respond well to pressure of having a short window in which to perform a lot- I can understand that. He knows I do know though and feels bad about not being up to it- poor thing! No chance of sneaky night action as he's in the spare roon- feeling so bad and having such disturbed nights he's been staying in there. Only hope I guess is smiley comes late and he's better by then, but I'm not exactly maximising my chances.

Sorry will stop the me me me now!

diyqueen Mon 04-Feb-13 22:24:05

Aw don't apologise, if you can't offload here where can you? Glad the job's started well.

I'm feeling a bit 'me me me' and sorry for myself today too, first af has hammered things home and it feels like everyone I know is getting pregnant. Best friend suffering with morning sickness and I'm even jealous of that. And I saw someone at the weekend who is due at the same time as I would be and had this little baby bump... god, it's just going to get worse isn't it, how do you all cope?

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Mon 04-Feb-13 22:37:31

aw thunder i hope mr thunder gets well very soon and can get on with some action even if in the last couple of fertile days. my DH is a bit the same really...i think he feels a bit 'used' when it comes to the week. me me me is good. get it out of your system here, it's why we're all here girly x

BumpKitty Mon 04-Feb-13 22:38:09

ibip boo for AF (if she shows!), but you seem to have accepted your BFNs so I think you are less crazy than me smile even after 2 BFNs then spotting, then light bleeding I was still thinking I just might be pg - i dunno what's wrong with me!

So much for increased fertility after mc sad I have counted back from AF starting and that means ovulation was around 20th/21st (when I had my dizzyness) and we did dtd on the 20th so I don't get it. I think i might do the basal temp thing this month to see if that gives me any clues. do any of you do it?

thunder glad the first day was ok, Branston is asleep on the couch, we have ruined him already - he didnt even try to get on the couch till DH encouraged him - this will not be cute when he is 4 stone! (but is super cute now, especially when he has a dream!).

Right, i think we need a change of tack for Feb, how about loved up name changes?

Hi ladies, and thank you for your kind words, youre all lovely.

First smiley ever today. Gutted.

Shall we all run off for a sneaky girly holiday and drink wine?

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Tue 05-Feb-13 11:09:53

thunder that sounds like an awesome plan! my friend and i used to go on all inclusive holidays to the Caribbean once a year until she started having babies hmph

bzzbee Tue 05-Feb-13 17:25:44

First day back at work today, went ok, only my manager knows why I was out so a bit weird too.

I get very obvious Ov signs (mittelschmerz) so it seems I have ov'ed sometime over the last couple of days.
I guess this is good (2 weeks after mc)??
Though I did get sad as it seemed my biology was somehow "fickle" by getting back to normal so fast.

bzzbee Tue 05-Feb-13 18:39:23

Sorry I had to jump off a train and pressed Send a bit quickly.

Ovulating is all well and good, but I've always been clockwork, and it still took 3 years to get a BFP, so the above is kind of meaningless really!

Hope you are all well today.

IBelieveInPink Tue 05-Feb-13 19:15:42

Thunder- damnit! When is DH back?

BRILLIANT idea about holiday. Whoop whoop!

Bee- glad your day went okay. It won't feel normal for a while. I still get weird days. They do say you are super fertile after a mc- I got pg again te first cycle we tried after my first one, unfortunately also ended badly, but definitely fertile! Fingers crossed it happens quick for you.

Does anyone else find the word 'mittelschmerz' very amusing?!

3sthenew2 Tue 05-Feb-13 19:50:42

Hi all, I've been lurking on these boards since mc early January, before I go on I'd just like to say how reassuring it is to know there are others out there who feel the same. Anyway, I'm 9 dpo & af arrived very unannounced this morning. Does anyone know if its normal to have cycles so short after mc? I didn't have any pmt type signs so praying its implantation bleeding but feel I'm clutching at staws here. Definately off to buy cream eggs tomorrow!

SpanishLady Tue 05-Feb-13 21:07:53

Hi, am currently waiting for bleeding from MC (that started thurs/fri) to end and to poas and get a negative...... So we can start ttc again.... Hope to see you all getting BFPs very soon!

pink, he's right here and he's ill damnit. Am really struggling today. Somehow I can cope ok with af/BFNs if I'm in the running, but knowing that I'm about to ov and no action is breaking my heart a bit.

Hi 3 and spanish

3 yeah I reckon anything goes after mc.

bzz, I think it is a comfort to know your body is getting back to normal. It was to me anyway, so that's good news.

Sorry, meant to ask - pink still no af?

chocolateteabag Tue 05-Feb-13 21:30:19

Hi 3New I think your cycles can be a bit messed up unfortunately and there have been some random one day bleeds preceding full AF arrival. I'm also 9DPO today in first full cycle after MC in Dec. I have no symptoms at all so not feeling hopeful. fx for implantation bleed for you.

Spanish - I got a BFN 2 weeks after natural (and complete) mc, I didn't POAS until bleeding stopped though. We ttc'd straight away but AF came 30 days after.

Have had massive chocolate cravings today and as I was in all day meeting with lots of chocolates care of people travelling in for meeting - have stuffed my face. Now have the guilts and even my Zumba class tonight won't have even gone half way to balance the fat fest grin

diyqueen Tue 05-Feb-13 21:34:48

3, I was a bit surprised a couple of days ago to get af less than 3 weeks after the bleeding from the mc stopped. But the bleeding's sporadic, a bit different to normal, so maybe I have one of those 'wtf' cycles others have talked about.

thundercats I can completely understand that. A month to wait for next time feels like ages doesn't it.

spanish so sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

I love MN. Where everything that in RL looks like emotionally fuelled madness can actually be understood by people. It's great thanks

I love MN. Where everything that in RL looks like emotionally fuelled madness can actually be understood by people. It's great thanks

IBelieveInPink Tue 05-Feb-13 21:51:18

Thunder - oh crap. I totally knew that. Sorry, I am paying attention, honest. I think my brain has just run off to look for my af. Which has still not appeared.
I do remember that after my first mc, it took 5 weeks for my af to reappear. I assumed that was cos I had had the op, and after this natural one my body would go back to normal quicker. Obviously not.
So am expecting it any day now. Is mine and dh's 3 year wedding anniversary tomorrow. So perhaps it will arrive to celebrate that!!

So.... Thunder.... No lulling DH out of his sick bed? Just for 5 mins? <ahem>. When needs must n all.......

Ahh happy anniversary pinks! Or are you Mrs Pink and Mr Blue not conforming to stereotypes of course

Well.. OH has managed to pick on the fact that something is seriously wrong, and has offered to...ahem...give it a try tonight. Not ideal or romantic I know but at least might make me feel a tiny weeny bit better about it. Poor bugger, he feels like crap and now not only does he have to deal with Thunder Mc Weeperton, he also has to try and get the love juices a-flowing.

IBelieveInPink Tue 05-Feb-13 22:07:00

Not ideal, but gets the, Erm, 'job' done!
Gold star for Mr Thunder. Good effort smile

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Tue 05-Feb-13 22:17:20

woohoo thunder however i now have images of cheetara and lyon-o from thundercats in my head ha!! hooooo!! glad you manages to woo him ;) maybe you could give it another whirl in the morning just for luck smile

hi 3 and spanish hope you're doing ok.

and happy anniversary pink - knowing mother nature, she'll probably pop by just when you're about to start celebrating - or maaaaaybe she might be kind and give you a nicer surprise smile

i'm feeling like a bull with a sore head today...and a bit meh. realised it will be another 3 weeks til predicted ov if my cycles are anything to go by. i CAN'T wait this long aarrrggghhhh! stupid innards being all stupid. other than that, i cant stop thinking about creme eggs

bzzbee Tue 05-Feb-13 23:04:16

Speaking of crime eggs (nom) is it normal to get mahussive chocolate/sweet cravings post-mc? I have never known anything like it (well, maybe I get one day like that pre menstrual usually). It's only just begun to wear off, I mean I can still eat a load of chocolate but it's not done in quite the same demented way. The last ten days I've been possessed.

It's a pity really, as I had lost half a stone due to horrendous morning sickness* and now I am bloated. Another kick in the teeth, grrrrr!

* and what bullshit that that is the sign of a healthy pregnancy! Grrrr again!

grotbagz Tue 05-Feb-13 23:13:26

Hello all! Hope you don't mind me joining! I also had a question about how soon after surgery following mc is it safe to start trying again? I had the surgery on Friday.

Bzzbee - I don't actually like chocolate really and today I have eaten an entire milk tray - you are not alone!

bzzbee Tue 05-Feb-13 23:21:48

Sorry for your loss grotbags sad

I believe it is 2 weeks so long as the bleeding has stopped, but maybe someone on here can clarify (I should know this, sorry, we waited for 2 weeks but not sure you have to).

The medical people recommend waiting until after your next period. It helps with dating. Are you due a follow up scan to check all is clear?

grotbagz Tue 05-Feb-13 23:35:10

Yeah I thought it was two weeks because of infection, but didn't know if there was a sort of guideline in terms of when you really should leave it to it just when you sort of are directed to to stop infection - waiting til after the next period makes sense - thank you! Yes, due a scan 2 weeks after so I hope that gives me the all clear as last time was only a couple of months ago and that wasn't so simple!

Another question sorry - I am 5'4" and around 7 stone - apparently this is underweight, but I have an extremely small frame naturally and I have no problem with eating (believe me, my dp tells me I have a big resemblance to the labrador when food is near me hmm) and it is genuinely my natural size - do you think this could have an impact on mc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now