LH and FSH Blood Tests - when to take

(3 Posts)
alliwantforxmas Tue 11-Dec-12 12:03:08

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have Thyroid problems and currently ttc our first child, I have been sent a blood form from the hospital for LH, FSH and SHBG blood tests. My letter just says these need to be done a few days before my Endocrinologist appointment, not on a particular day. After looking online however it looks like these tests are best done early in my cycle.

Anyway as it happens AF got me Sunday night, so I am very early in my circle, and I have just had my Endo appointment confirmed for next week. I was debating whether to go for my blood test today / tomorrow (does it matter?). As I came on AF Sunday evening I don't know whether I am CD2 or 3 (I have read these bloods are best taken CD3). Was hoping someone who has been in a similar situation could advise.

I do always spot before my period, but class the start of my period from when I get full flow - hope that's right.

Thank you! xxx

EuroShagmore Tue 11-Dec-12 12:04:39

I think I was told to do them on days 2-5 so you should still be fine.

Day one is the first day of proper flow.

alliwantforxmas Tue 11-Dec-12 12:06:51

Wow - thats Euro for such a quick reply. May go along this afternoon then. Assuming I don't need to fast - its not very clear on the form. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now