January BFP bus - New Year resolution - get a bfp!

(953 Posts)
weetinselchops Mon 10-Dec-12 20:44:08

I guess it's time to start a January bus for all of us who had to get off the December, November (Oct, Sep, Aug) bus.

New Year, new beginning and hopefully start 2013 off with a bang, and a load of new bfp's!

weechops cycle 7 BFp due Jan 8

Who's with me?

polkadotsrock Fri 11-Jan-13 12:05:29

*not so sure

setayharas Fri 11-Jan-13 12:37:49

all signs are telling me iv ov'd already but havent seen a positive opk and going by the last few months i shouldnt ov until saturday or sunday.
bit worried as only dtd twice this week.
hopeing to get some more in this weekend just incase but as OH away tonight that leaves saturday sunday and monday to get on with it! fingers crossed i havent missed the time!

Thanks guys, I've got the test in my bag (yes, gross I know) and keep having a little peek, how lame is that! smile

clare I did with mine from Thursday that I thought I saw a line. But unlike yours mine now shows a clear faint greyish line. Googling says its a evaporation line, and that's why tests are no longer valid after 10 or 15 min. I like it to keep my hopes up until my eBay cheapies arrive.

I'm sounding really silly now blush

setayharas Fri 11-Jan-13 13:29:56

not at all one!

anyway i think half the things us ttc people do probably make us sound a bit silly!
who cares lol

MrsSpencerReid Fri 11-Jan-13 14:35:10

Yay claire gringrin.
I'm 5dpo and I want to poas, slap me please!!!

MrsSR I did it at 6 dpo & it really was pointless. I'm 9/10 dpo now & still feeling queasy....def going to POAS in the next 24 hrs!

legallyblond Fri 11-Jan-13 15:03:09

Congrats Clare!

Chewinggum - my afs are really long (7 days, always) and I ovulate (no science - I know by ew mucus or whatever it's called only) on day 12 - 14, so that's max a week of dtd till ov then, assuming the egg can live for 48 hours (or is it 24?), only another day or so. I think we dtd every couple of or 3 days, so probably 3 times pre ov and then one on ov or just after. We kept dtd obviously that month, but not to make a baby!

Can't remember who asked but yes, early preg exactly like af but, for me, a bit more severe. I remember thinking that this was one stinker of an ad approaching.

I held on to sanity by refusing to poas until af due date and ghen using the digital one that says pregnant or not!

Bonne chance all!!!

I managed to refrain from POAS until Sunday which was 10 dpo and 3 days before AF due BUT between then and now have gone through about 8 Internet cheapies, 2 boots ones, 2 Morrisons ones and now a pricy first response! Talk about peeing your money away! grin

legallyblond Fri 11-Jan-13 15:09:40

Oh and will do same re poas this time.... I am waaay too neurotic to risk early testing and looking out for blue lines etc! Anyone else fancy joining me for a strict holding out till af due???!

If af doesn't come first, I'll poa digital s on 26th Jan or so....

legallyblond Fri 11-Jan-13 15:12:11

Ah, but worth the BFP Clare!

legallyblond Fri 11-Jan-13 15:14:49

Miscalculation! Will poas on 20th Jan I expect..... 13 dpo....

setayharas Fri 11-Jan-13 15:25:52

ill join you legallyblond and try and hold out until 27th jan. this month seems to be sooooo long!

legallyblond I'm not into early poas. That's why I didn't buy any internet cheapies. I didn't test this cycle until I was one day late. Then 3 days later again. I got a boots 2 pack which I've run out now. I wish I had bought from the internet now. The same price I paid boots could have got me 20! I'm so cursing myself for not being able to test this morning (and probably not tomorrow either).

PS. Still no sign of AF and no sticks to p on sad

padster75 Fri 11-Jan-13 16:21:54

Pads is here, feeling rather nauseous today (and yesterday afternoon, although then I put it down to being hungry, so made something to eat and kept myself occupied to keep mind off it). Today I felt nauseous on the bus, was going to a job interview and felt grim. Got the job, still feel grim, still pissing testing BFNs, still no af. I give up, convincing myself nausea is travel sickness, periods are yet to regulate after coming off pill (28,28,35,28 ......... who am I trying to kid?) and the banging head is lack of fluids which I enevitably piss out rather too frequently for my own good

Trinpy Fri 11-Jan-13 17:01:14

Congrats Clare

Currently 2dpo. Was planning on being really laid-back this month and not testing until 14-15dpo, but I can see myself cracking around 10-11dpo. Every month I think 'this cycle I will be much more sensible and not test until after I've missed af', then I ovulate and all rational thought goes out the window.

Good luck to everyone poas over the next few days.

pinkmoonlight Fri 11-Jan-13 17:37:40

Congrats clare!

I'm off the bus, the witch has arrived. Only cycle 2 but I am stupidly upset about it because both cycles since coming off the pill have been long (35 and 33 days) yet my luteal phase has been 9 days both times sad I'm really scared that this will be a problem.. will the doctor think I am crazy if I go and ask if there's anything I can do to lengthen it?

pinkmoonlight you can try taking vitamin b6 to lengthen it.

chocoloulou33 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:27:01

pads ah no hun, try not to give up hope, what ru now cd33? Until af comes try not to think the worst. Have had lots of friends who do not get there bfp til they rly late!
Am on cd8 now & gonna bd like mad all weekend! Gonna be weird not using opks this month but its nice feeling so relaxed about it all x

legallyblond Fri 11-Jan-13 21:33:38

Don't be down Pads, whether this one or next, you'll get there.

Pink moonlight - knowing GPs, chances are he or she won't know what luteal phase is!! A friend extended hers by diet - not sure what though...

chewingguminmyhair Fri 11-Jan-13 21:36:02

Anyone else taking their folic acid with a glass of wine...?

chocoloulou33 Fri 11-Jan-13 21:48:58

Lol @ chewinggum Enjoy your wine x

pinkmoonlight Fri 11-Jan-13 21:52:06

Thanks very much onelittletoddlingterror and legallyblond, that's helpful. Will be hitting the vitamins tomorrow!

padster75 Sat 12-Jan-13 06:38:56

Well I am off the bus, CD34 and af finally decides to put me out of my misery. Feel shite, period pains r us. At least I can drink the bottle of sparkling merlot rose one of my guides bought for me on Wednesday as a late Christmas pressie ........... rock on wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now