January BFP bus - New Year resolution - get a bfp!

(953 Posts)
weetinselchops Mon 10-Dec-12 20:44:08

I guess it's time to start a January bus for all of us who had to get off the December, November (Oct, Sep, Aug) bus.

New Year, new beginning and hopefully start 2013 off with a bang, and a load of new bfp's!

weechops cycle 7 BFp due Jan 8

Who's with me?

JellyCurls Fri 04-Jan-13 20:21:04

Evening ladies i can't keep up as so chatty but sorry to hear the witch has found some people on the bus. Cd 13 (i think) and ages yet till ov -- feckin long cycles-- dh has decided he is in charge this month and we will dtd ever other night from when af vanished till she due again hmm not sure how long it will last

Haylebop12 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:27:26

evening ladies.

sorry to all those the witch has visited. Hands round the leftover wine from Xmas wink

good luck to those entering shag week. May the spermies be strong and plenty grin

7/8 dpo over here and I can feel the urge to test already. why do we do this to ourselves! keep thinking I could test from Sunday.

Aquarius1 Fri 04-Jan-13 21:51:28

Hayle I'm 7/8 dpo too... Do you think sun is too soon to test?

JellyCurls Fri 04-Jan-13 22:19:23

Way too early ladies step away from the tests

Haylebop12 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:32:20

I'm trying to symptom spot first jelly and I'm always prepared for a bfn :-)

Aquarius1 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:32:31

Boo hoo ... I'm too impatient- why does the 2ww go so slowly....

Creamtea1 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:35:06

Hayle and Aquarius - test on Sunday as long as you are ok if it's a bfn! I think I got my first mega faint bfp on the afternoon of 9dpo (pound shop one)

Haylebop12 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:42:46

Really drags doesn't it aquarius

I've not been in work since wed (part timer) so had lots of time to ponder!!

cream I only have ICs anyway. I find a bfn before AF is due is easier to deal with then the arrival of the witch herself. If she arrives it really is GAME OVER!

MrsSpencerReid it's much worse for the men isn't it? I hear performance anxiety is quite common when couples ttc, especially if you have been trying for a while.

Hayle I'm the opposite of you. I prefer to keep my hopes up until AF. Imaginary pregnancies and symptom spotting grin

OB84 Fri 04-Jan-13 22:59:43

Hi,

I am writting to get some advices. I know my questions can sound a bit strange but I went to the UK GP only 2 times since I am in London so don't really know what I should do next.

I am trying to get pregnant for more than a year now and nothing. We are both under 30's, never been pregnant and never took pils. I know it can take for arround 1 year for some couples to get pregnant so I did not consulted a doctor until now.

Now I start getting a bit worried and want to go for a check but don't know exactly how the rules are here? Do I have to call my GP and tell the receptionist why I want to do the apointment so the doctor knows about the problem? In my country things are different but I am here for a few years now and because of my job I can't travel home so I am confused about the steps I have to follow here.

If someone can give me an advice will be great.

Thank you .

JellyCurls Sat 05-Jan-13 08:21:35

Morning ob if you been tryng for a year with no success i would go se a GP. I hate telling the receptionist what i need an appointment for so i tend to say i need to discuss womens things then say if i would rather see a male or female doc. Good luck

OB are you doing it a lot when you mean you have been trying for a year. The most common reason for failing to conceive is not doing enough. If you are doing it at least 3 times a week when you aren't having a period then go to see your GP. Don't have to tell the receptionist what it is for. Just say you needed to see one. You can ask for a female doctor if you feel more comfortable with that.

I'm just saying this so at least you will be spared the embarrassment if you aren't already trying hard enough. There might be no underlying problems at all.

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 10:00:05

toddling that's what I kinda meant even if I test early and get bfns I still keep my hopes up until she arrives :-)

Hello ladies,

Still going strong here, although I'm pretty sure I'm way past ovulation I read somewhere that sperm can help with implantation so it's best to keep going. To be honest, the more we do it the more I want to so I can't say it's much of a bind!

For those who are having 'performance anxiety', it may help to keep all the technical stuff away from your DH's. I don't tell my DH much at all, he just knows that I will ovulate at some point between my 2 periods & he needs to keep at it! I don't tell him when I POAS either....will just tell him when I finally get a BFP....

navis176 Sat 05-Jan-13 12:51:46

padster - could be good fx – it’s so tough waiting to find out. Only 1 dpo here – so lots of waiting to be done [impatient]
choc - boo to af
[waves hello] to petitech

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 14:25:35

ready I didn't know that about spermies helping implantation... Once ovu is well out the way we pretty much stop and I'm in limbo till next AF...

Will definitely keep that in mind!

MotherOfCleo Sat 05-Jan-13 14:41:04

snap ready! my OH is pretty oblivious to it all grin he knows hes duty and is happy to perform lol

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 16:40:47

I've got a sneaky positive feeling about this cycle. I'm unbelievably tired, even though I slept 11-7, my boobs do feel slightly different but not quite "tender".

Is tiredness a symptom? Or is that just first 12 weeks?

MotherOfCleo Sat 05-Jan-13 17:13:34

ohhh fingers crossed hayle!!!! How many dpo are you? Im knacked just woken up from a nap but Im only cd3 so think ive just become a last cow over xmas

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:18:57

8/9dpo. My mum said I looked really
Tired too. Feel exhausted more than tired tbh :-/

MotherOfCleo Sat 05-Jan-13 17:32:19

last = lazy...doh. Its possible Hayle. FX!!!! smile

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:44:22

Can't really blame it ok anything... Have dd (4) but ages quite independent and whiny

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:46:55

*on, she's

I'm with you on the tiredness, been having a nap after work the last couple of days. Boobs are still a bit achy but not as much as they were, grrr this symptom spotting is driving me crazy! Going to test in the morning, will be 11-12 dpo and max 2 days until AF due, wish me luck!

Haylebop12 Sat 05-Jan-13 17:57:17

clare GOOD LUCK! Sound promising. Let us know how you get on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now