Clomid question!

(9 Posts)

Charlotte - I have 2 very adorable DDs DD1 from clomid cycle 6 and DD2 from IUI cycle 3

MolotovCocktail Sat 08-Dec-12 16:01:48

That should be "my DD2 is almost 8mo now" x

MolotovCocktail Sat 08-Dec-12 16:00:15

Charlotte, no, I didn't take any breaks and I was ovulating without Clomid. We were 'Unexplained Infertility'. We have a daughter, born in 2009, who took 9 months to conceive naturally. We wanted another baby immediately after DD1, so started TTC when she was 7mo ... but it took 2 years, which included 6 Clomid cycles to conceive DD2.

It was stressful: I've no doubt this inhibited us getting pg. Thoughts of another baby were all that were in my head; I felt guilty as to why DD1 wasn't 'enough' for me and I did get even more depressed when friends who had children of DD1s age were all getting pg again before me.

But, it did happen. Please dont conpare yourself tonyour friends. My almost 8mo now; this will be her first Christmas. I still can't believe she's real ... I just hope that Clomid works for you x I sincerely wish you all the best xx

Charlotte321 Sat 08-Dec-12 10:36:32

Ps molotov, glad it worked for you even if it did take a while, will try not to lose hope then. Did you take any breaks and were you ovulating without clomid?

blueberry has/did it work for you?
x

Charlotte321 Sat 08-Dec-12 10:32:54

Thanks all of you smile It's going to be SO hard to hold out until Feb knowing I have the clomid and that might work. Also means I def won't have a summer or early autumn baby and two friends are due then so would have been nice to have been on mat leave with them (they both started ttc ages after me). It's hard this ttc business isn't it! Hope I don't spend xmas and my hols thinking about it all the time!

waitingtobeamummy where are you in the 2nd cycle? Oh no it's going to make me even more emotional, am ridiculously emotional at the moment anyway, cried at that snowman ad!! grin x

waitingtobeamummy Fri 07-Dec-12 21:29:51

I'm on my second dose but am going to have to have a break this time if it doesn't work and nurse said no probs at all. I was scanned through from days 10-17 in the end as I was late ovulating so it would be a good idea (just for your own peace of mind) to be here for the cycle.
Also they affect me quite a bit for about 10days (i'm a tad emotional grin ) so I think just incase it happens to you it would be nicer not to be on them over Christmas. As difficult as it is to believe their is no rush and I think it'd be nice to enjoy one last child free Christmas to the best of your ability (lots of wine!)

I took a break in clomid every 2 cycles, I was canned on day 8/12 and then day 21 blood tests to check for ovulation. I took them before bed on the advice of the clinic nurse and my side effects were minimal.

MolotovCocktail Fri 07-Dec-12 21:19:04

If I were you, I'd get Christmas and New Year out of the way. Taking Clomid is stressful enough without worrying about whether you'll be around for hospital appointments, etc. We were moving house when I had my first prescription and I just couldn't deal with the rigours of taking Clomid at that time.

Also, I don't think there's any rule about not drinking alcohol whilst on Clomid, but as you're trying to ge pregnant it might be a good idea to avoid it after you've ovulated.

FWIW, I conceived DD2 on my 6th cycle of Clomid, so even if it doesn't work first time, don't be disheartened.

Good luck. Let's hope that you get a baby in 2013 xx

Charlotte321 Thu 06-Dec-12 21:37:43

Hi, I've got my first prescription for clomid and REALLY want to start taking it on my next cycle but am worried about starting just before xmas and NY (because of drinking/hospital opening times) and I'm going away for two weeks from 18th Jan so worried I'll be away when I need tests done. I'm meant to be scanned on day 8/10 but not sure if I need to be in the UK to be tested later in the cycle too, have emailed the hospital.

Does anyone know if it's a bad idea to take a break of one cycle after my first clomid cycle (because of my holiday and not being around to be monitored?) Also is it best not to drink on clomid? Any advice would help! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now