BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

HettySunshine Sat 08-Dec-12 13:07:08

Hi, I've only just started ttc. Cd1 of cycle 2 (first day of my first proper period after coming off the pill - is that right terminology? I'm new to all of this!). Am I okay to join your thread even though I haven't been trying for long? It'd be lovely to be part of a gang as we haven't told anyone in rl.

Good luck everyone fx smile

Hi Hetty and welcome grin I'm just on my 1st month of ttc, had coil removed on Monday and started af on Tuesday so on cd5 now. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you smile

HettySunshine Sat 08-Dec-12 14:20:49

You too Linda!

Here's to babies in September/ October for all of us!

grin

I just hope that was a proper af I had this week and not a reaction bleed to having the coil removed so I can start ttc now, be gutted if it wasn't and I have to wait longer hmm

HettySunshine Sat 08-Dec-12 17:18:40

How do you find out Linda? Do you have to go back to the doc's? Fx for you if so. X

I've bought loads of opk's Hetty so I'll just start testing for ovulation around the time I think it should be and hope it works. Think it was af though so here's hoping. Fx for you too grin x

Monthlyfestivities Sat 08-Dec-12 22:56:58

Thanks thingy i'll add in EPO in next month. My first thought was that it was the performance enhancing drug!!

Every month I add in something new! Just ttc, then next cycle branded vitamins, then opk, then temping, then vita west DHA capsules, next cycle EPO!

Lol @ monthly, I was the same, I looked up EPO and thought I'm not taking that, lol, was relieved to find out it wasn't that grin

Thingymajigs Sun 09-Dec-12 08:12:15

Haha, yeah it's evening primrose oil. I know what you mean, I'm doing so many different things each month in a bid to get pregnant it's getting ridiculous. I had to get rid of the OPK's though, they were annoying. I'd get a positive OPK but not ovulate till 4 days later after we'd already exhausted ourselves. I don't mind temping though or taking EPO, it makes me feel like I'm at least doing something to help the process along.

Thingy I've never done the temping before, gona look it up though and maybe give it a try, heard its a more reliable way of timing things than the opk's, I'll wait til next cycle though as I think this cycle might be a little off with just getting the coil removed

SantaKittenClaws Sun 09-Dec-12 09:25:40

Morning ladies, <waves> to hetty smile

CD4 here, AF has left the building after 1.5 heavyish (for me) days plus 1 day of barely there spotting, and the shagathon started this morning. I think BILs announcement last week has spooked DH a bit as he seems to be on a mission this month - will enjoy making the most of that I think grinwink

I'll be interested to hear about all of your temping adventures, might consider giving that a go myself next month.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 10:04:28

Hosted an Xmas party last night so hungover this morning!!!

Bit worried about the comment about getting a positive opk then oving 4 days later. As my positives were mon and tues and I think I had a tiny bit of EWCM yesterday.

Thingymajigs Sun 09-Dec-12 10:53:30

I wouldn't worry twinkle I think I'm quite unusual in that regard. I asked around but no one else had a delay after getting a positive OPK. They just don't seem to work for me. I think I have a long LH surge. Sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone.
santakittenclaws it's amazing what a bit of competition can do to encourage men isn't it? My boyfriend is exactly the same.
linda temping is great if you want to know if you have definitely ovulated but its no good if you want to know in advance because you'll only know once ovulation has already happened. At the end of the day you don't need anything but some fun and well timed sex so it's best to relax and enjoy it as much as you can.

Ah I see, I don't think I'll need to temp then, I know I ovulate coz I get the pain and ovulation spotting so that with opk's I should be fine. Think I'll wait til after next af to properly start trying though just incase the coil has messed my cycle up and that'll give me some time to get my lo out of my bed and back into his own aswell, he's damn cute but bloody murder for my sex life, lol

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 12:54:28

Did a quick dtd!! Swear I had EWCM yest and I just went to have a shower and could swear I saw more so I did a quick dtd before we have a house guest for the next week or so!

Even though the monitor peaked at the beginning of the week I just don't want to miss an opportunity just in case.

twinkle - def! I thought I had def ov around cd13 cos I had ewcm on cd12/13 but cos my proper bfp didn't show up til cd32 it's more likely i ov a few days later and if we'd stopped dtd when I thought the fertile time was over we would have missed it, so go you!!!

Girls I am just feeling like an anxious wreck being pg this time round. I knew it was likely to be like this aftre mmc in the summer but i didn't realise how awful it would feel. I was beside myself yesterday sad Had a birthday party to go out to last night (in costume!) tho which was great cos it took my mind off things completely for a few hours and feeling a bit better today but I think the next couple of months are going to be tough going hmm

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 15:20:20

Hugs littlemiss, not sure what to say as I haven't experienced it before but try and stay positive.

Monthlyfestivities Sun 09-Dec-12 18:55:49

I do opk and temping because I have PCOS and completely irregular cycles, can ovulate anywhere from day 21-40 so can't time dtd, charting helps me make sense and try and learn the signals. Also getting more information to see if I ovulate or not when stupid GP decides not to make me wait 18montgs and refers me fertility clinic.

If only is was as easy as knowing which day you ovulate on and when to dtd!

BelissimaLol Sun 09-Dec-12 19:03:23

Little miss why don't hit join us in the ttc after mc thread (losing track of who is where so apologies if you are already there!)
We all feel exactly the same as you. Panicking every second and scared of everything. Plus obsessively knicker checking.
Twinkle I'm also intrigued by this late ov thing. I will let you know if the same happened to me when I find out when I conceived. Think you did good by adding an extra shag just in case! I'm counting the days on your tww and its taking ages!!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sun 09-Dec-12 20:51:17

Evening one and all.

Twinkle please can I pick your brain about your monitor? Is it the clearblue easy one? Is it actually easy to use? And do you think it has been worth investing in?

Rather worryingly, I'm starting to feel seriously under-sexed in relation to everyone else on the conception board.

fatasbrandybutter Sun 09-Dec-12 22:02:21

Ah littlemiss I know exactly how you feel - that is what I have been like too - since April (it has been tiring!!) - I actually did join the ttc thread Lol but tbh so many people did end up having BFPs and still mine didn't arrive so I even stopped reading that thread blush - I am just too impatient!!

Winkle and kitten - I am super impressed at your dtd antics so far and how you have got dh on board - I am working on that but he is of the 'less I know' and lazy fu**er variety so it's reverse psychology and sudden pouncing methinks! lol! wink

Not sure that I could cope with the temping too- stress levels already at permanent def-con1 and haven't even got as far as a BFP yet! x

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:18:39

Bridget - yes it's the CBFM. I like it, it tells you when to dtd which is good. Been using it since July. I brought it because I got a bonus from work otherwise it's quite dear. Although I do think the opks are good though - especially the digi ones.

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:20:35

Fatas - oh upped his game when he realised that it wasn't going to be easy for us. Next year we're both giving up our occasional cigarette habit and giving up drinking. Hope it helps!

twinklestar2 Sun 09-Dec-12 22:22:32

We've dtd cd13, 15, 16, 17, and 21 - hope its enough!!

stickybeans Mon 10-Dec-12 07:07:12

grin I'm post #100!!! hee hee grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.