BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

twinklestar2 Sat 12-Jan-13 15:04:45

Thx red. It's been like that this week. I had my meltdown on weds, hub couldn't finish on thurs and I fell asleep last night! Have missed cd16-19. Just hope dtd on cd 10, 11, 12, 13 and 15 is ok! The monitor peaked cd10 but I don't trust it! Will dtd tonight and a couple more times just in case.

Glad you're feeling better red and get a chance to dtd.

Thanks everyone for your bday wishes smile

Krysie85 Sat 12-Jan-13 15:27:17

Hi ladies do you mind if I join I'm new to this site but have some questions and feeling down I am 9 days late no af n still getting bfn I feel like I could be prego but I do have pcos but doc says I should be able to concieve no prob just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and later got a bfp thanks ladies

RedRobin1 Sat 12-Jan-13 15:33:55

Hi krysie haven't experienced this but one of the symptoms of pcos is irregular AF.

If it doesn't come tomorrow maybe get an appointment with GP to see if they can help?

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 12-Jan-13 18:13:24

Hi krysie I don't think there is any clear answer why your period is late. The PCOS could certainly be responsible for the late period.

Fx it turns in to a BFP soon. Are your periods irregular?

twinklestar2 Sat 12-Jan-13 22:07:15

Welcome krysie.

Have dtd! So that's CDs 10, 11, 12, 15 and 20. Just pray the dtd on cd15 covers me for CDs 16-19 if I ov'd then.

twinklestar2 Sat 12-Jan-13 22:07:42

Oh and dtd cd13 too!

RedRobin1 Sat 12-Jan-13 22:50:36

winkle you are well covered. I am not sure how cbfm works. Just wondered If it peaks on cd10 does that mean you OV then or later? Not sure if its same as sticks?

I think you've covered up to two weeks with that dtd marathon. Fx for this month.

I got another quickie in with DH today. Will jump him for the next 3 days as seem to be getting better now!

fatasbutter Sat 12-Jan-13 22:54:04

Wow winkle that's good going!! Fx firmly for you this month!

And red too - nice one! Sorry cant help with the cbfm as never used it - I did use the ovulation thingy from clear blue but am guessing that's totally different?!

twinklestar2 Sun 13-Jan-13 00:38:22

Good going red!

The peak on the CBFM means you're about to ovulate. For me that happened on cd10 which I feel was too early so I thought I'd carry on.

twinklestar2 Sun 13-Jan-13 00:40:14

The annoying thing about the CBFM is once you've peaked you can't test anymore. So if you're body gears up to OV and you don't actually OV, you wouldn't know grrrrr. Hence the reason I carry on dtd just in case.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 13-Jan-13 07:32:54

twinkle have you considered using cbfm and opks (can you tell I'm a poas addict)? That way you could detect the surge with the opks and keep using opks until you are sure the lh surge has been and gone.
Either way this month I think you have totally covered yourself.

Re dtd fails. When we were trying for dd I insisted on dtd every other day. Dh really felt the pressure and because we would start dtd at cd 8/9 by the time ov came along he and me was sick of the pressure and sick of dtd.

Trying to be more relaxed re dtd this time. Starting more like cd14 and relying on opks / physical signs of ov to decide when to dtd. It has worked but only resulted in chem pregs so far.
Will keep up the relaxed dtd approach for another few months, if no knocked up by then I may have a rethink.

Thingymajigs Sun 13-Jan-13 08:59:05

when that is what I'm going to attempt next cycle too. DP has confiscated the thermometer at my request and I've decided to go natural this time. I think after 4 months of temping I've learned as much as I can about my cycle now anyway. I'm just relying on noticing my CM from now on.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 13-Jan-13 09:06:51

Confiscated the thermometer. grin that made me laugh.

Thingymajigs Sun 13-Jan-13 09:13:04

I know, it's weird how quickly it become a habit. "Hello, I'm thingy and I'm a recovering temping addict." blushsmile

RedRobin1 Sun 13-Jan-13 09:26:56

Ditto when we see to start cd 7/8 and by the time I OVed cd15-17 DH would be errrm all out! We would both be so exhausted so this month we've started cd12 so it's not been to bad.

I am temping for a few more cycles so I can see a clear pattern. I like temping as it gives me confidence i am ovulating.

fatasbutter Sun 13-Jan-13 09:37:08

'Hello I'm fatas and I'm still a POAS addict!'

After doing 2 cb digis and getting freaked out because they were both 1-2 weeks, my plan was to wait til at least Monday to POAS again...
I caved last night! It was quite funny really - as I waited for the result I looked at myself in the mirror and said 'you bloody idiot! What are you going to do if its still 1-2 weeks which it quite easily and reasonably could be?! You are a complete dick head!' (Yes, aloud!) - it was as if the tests were calling out to me and a sort of mist came over me shock and I couldn't think straight until I had peed on the wretched thing! Thankfully it came up 2-3 weeks! Phew! I hope I have learned my lesson now...

twinklestar2 Sun 13-Jan-13 10:42:41

Yay fatas! Great news on seeing 2-3 weeks.

When I have thought about using opks too but I'm annoyed about having to do that when the monitor is so expensive. It should bloody work grrr. Also I like the smiley face ones and they aren't cheap are they?! That's a good idea though, but hoping I won't need to use it smile

Totally agree with getting bored of it. I think 4 days in a row last week was a bit much. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing!

resipsa Sun 13-Jan-13 10:59:14

Me too sad despite earlier protestations of self-control! BFN, of course, as I tested AFTER some spotting on Sat evening. Now got (not really but more than spotting) full on bleed at DPO 11/12. Glad your testing went better fatas.
Head a mess now. Need to ask the sonographer more about what she saw cause if it was a fertilised egg/blastocyst then there's no point in paying for IVF as sperm and egg meeting without help. If it was an implantation failure, I wonder if there's a reason why? Got to say I really thought we we're on this month as got the sore boobs, the weird taste, the weird feeling. The works, in fact!
Does anyone know if it's possible for there to be partial implantation with production of some hCG which then fails (for whatever reason)? When is that what's happening with you?
God, sorry for introspection, am thinking out loud!
Hope everyone else having a better day!

twinklestar2 Sun 13-Jan-13 11:00:23

So sorry about bfn res. sad

resipsa Sun 13-Jan-13 11:06:33

Thanks - not sure what I'd do without you lot to "talk" to. I've been told to expect another announcement this week so will then know someone due every month until July (so far).

fatasbutter Sun 13-Jan-13 11:22:36

Oh I'm sorry res that is all extremely confusing indeed. Was the sonography done privately or on the nhs? Either way I would definitely find out what that was all about - maybe they need to repeat it and see if there are any changes? If it was private you could see your gp with the result and maybe they could organise an nhs repeat scan for you?

Thingymajigs Sun 13-Jan-13 12:11:47

I'm so sorry res. That must have been very confusing. I can't believe they would say that to people if they weren't 100% sure. You'd have thought they'd be more careful with information they passed on.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sun 13-Jan-13 12:45:37

res really sorry about the bfn and then the bleed. Def go and talk to the sonographer.

fatas really pleased for you.

fatas - good news!

res - confusing news confused i've never got a bfp til day before af actually due and even then always faint and of course bleeding could just be implantation. But def try to get more clarification from sonographer because from what she said it doesnt sound like you need IVF, maybe just something to help it stick like one of the clinival trials they're doing with progesterone. Keeping fx you can get some answers

MrsBri Sun 13-Jan-13 13:11:50

Definitely good news, fatas.

And that's very confusing, res :-/ I agree with talking to the sonographer to see what she thought she had seen in case she gave a confusing message. Total bugger though, so sorry :-(

This thread is not accepting new messages.