BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

resipsa Thu 10-Jan-13 15:31:56

Oh fatas where are you? I'll have a coffee with you!

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 16:15:17

Ah thanks res! I'm in Liverpool... Where are you?

Aww fatas! Now I am feeling guilty for being a rubbish friend at the minute, between DS, work and boking everywhere as I await the (hopeful!) arrival of DC2. Must arrange a heap of coffee dates when sickness passes! And you'll meet loads of ladies with babies soon tho - try Mumsnet Local! Or NCT classes... or mums&tots once baby arrives. Onwards and upwards to next stage xx

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 16:51:20

Oh no littlemiss don't feel bad - you have tons on your plate anyway! Sorry! Was just whining really!
Maybe I'm hormonal?! Boobs sore today for the first time in a while so could be that!

We are possibly moving and if so I will do another nct class if I can wherever we are going, but if not then I will try mn local as you say, and put a bit more effort in instead of complaining and feeling sorry for myself! smile

Kittenkatzen Thu 10-Jan-13 17:48:25

Come to Sussex fatas and I'll meet you for coffee grin

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 18:28:52

Congrats, fatas :-)

And POAS res!! Sounds very promising!

Fatas, I'm only in Southport. And I come through Liverpool twice a day to and from Birkenhead. If you need a friendly face, let me know. xx

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 10-Jan-13 18:33:01

I'm not a million miles away from you (lytham st annes).

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 18:47:01

Ah thanks girls! nic and when maybe we should have a random coffee sometime?! Would be strange (in a good way!) to meet some mnetters in person!

And kitten - what a kind offer! If only I was anywhere near you I'd be there like a shot! wink

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 19:25:32

We should, Fatas, definitely :-)

I barely know anyone here having moved from Nottingham to be with DH about 4.5 years ago. Meeting new people would be very good indeed!

Jealous of you girls and your coffee dates! Anyone fancy a trip over to Belfast? All the riots you can shake a stick at lol grin

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 19:37:11

Actually littlemiss half of my family live in NI and some of them in Belfast too! I may be over in march/April...!

weechops Thu 10-Jan-13 20:08:36

Road trip up here to Glasgow anyone?

Littlemiss I'll be over your way in the Easter break. My best friend is married to an Irishman and they live near Ballymena.

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 20:39:51

Ooh are you in Glasgow wee? I like Glasgow!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 10-Jan-13 20:46:43

Random coffe sounds fun

Also fatas having a baby means you will soon be meeting a ton of other mums. Your social circle will get a lot bigger quite soon.

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 21:20:11

I know what you mean when but after my first one I still only have 3 from nct group and at the classes I never met anyone I would go for a drink with really - I actually think as I am quite shy that I'm not great at making new friends, so will definitely have to work on that this time round!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Thu 10-Jan-13 21:29:51

I know what you mean fatas I went out with my new mum friends for a meal when dd was only 15 weeks old (I had known them 3 months). I do remember thinking omg I have nothing in common with these women at all.

I am quite good friends with quite a few of them now though. Just go to a ton of baby play date type things, breastfeeding support groups etc and hopefully you will meet a few women you get on with.

resipsa Thu 10-Jan-13 21:33:52

Fatas I'm in Manchester + deffo up for a random coffee with Nic and When (particularly if we end up due in the same fortnight grin!
Can't POAS yet; if not in bloods on Tues, deffo not in urine yet so no point.
I was lucky with post-natal group after DD. There are 13 of us and I see them just about every week which is so nice for the bubs who've known each other, literally, from birth!

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 22:17:54

Sounds like we need to make a date :-)

Fatas could be going to every meet all over by the sounds of it!

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 22:36:46

Ooh yay not far at all res! In fact I am thinking of popping almost over your way tomorrow depending on weather! Might go to Dunham Massey - ds loves the garden and the restaurant!

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 22:39:18

I work Monday to Wednesday so am very free at other times, although am going to try and make my weekends a bit more busy this year as we had too many lazy wasted weekends last year! So am definitely up for meeting! ( preferably somewhere ds can be a pest - unless dh off too - as we have no family nearby, so when I'm off work I'm babysitting!)

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 22:43:00

Weekends are best for me due to long days Mon - Fri. I'll leave someone more familiar to the NW to tell me where we can go though!

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 23:06:28

res I just read its about 3-4 days from implantation to pos test. If u were scanned on tues isn't Friday 3 days after??? Sorry, getting excited!

fatasbutter Thu 10-Jan-13 23:07:23

I can suggest some weekends when do is around which would mean I could come without ds?

MrsBri Thu 10-Jan-13 23:17:57

With or without DCs is fine by me!

resipsa Fri 11-Jan-13 02:40:04

Oh I say with DCs to give Nic a day of the terrible 2s so she can really look forward to it!!! Lyme Park, Tatton and Dunham all good...

This thread is not accepting new messages.