Santa Baby, Leave a BFP under the Tree for me <brook the Rat Smacketeers>

(958 Posts)
SantasLittleControlGeek Wed 05-Dec-12 19:44:16

Old Fred here

Here we go Brookers, it's been a long year with lots of BFPs and newborn snuggles for the Brookers. We're just a sleigh-ride away from 2013, when the rest of us will get our get our 12 week scans (because of course we will all have BFPs under the christmas tree this year!)

So come all ye brookers, it's tinsel and baubels all the way!

keepitgoing Wed 09-Jan-13 09:51:35

Also, face I do not believe you can pit on half a stone in three weeks. If it's really true? Blame the steroids!! grin
Have you told your mum BTW? I remember you are v close.

keep i did somehow manage to just drop 4 or 5lbs the week before the wedding so i just keep telling myself its not really half a stone and of course the stupid riods dont help. the drip is basically all fat as well! so ive got no hope now! yes my parents know as do dh's. my dad came with me to the clinic yesterday and stayed until dh got there.
thanks for the list my memory is total crap!
so glad ive read this through before posting sooo many mistakes! dh was laughing at me yesterday beause i seem to have lost the ability to string a sentence together

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 10:44:39

Just a quickie again, work is super-busy today!

On the weight gain/loss, some interesting stats from my WW meeting last night. My leader's Saturday group came first for the regional Christmas Weight Gain Cup - 127lb between 25 people! One person put on 13lb in the Christmas fortnight. My group came second (but I can't remember the figures) but we still managed a 10lb loss. I lost 3.5lb, MrG lost 1lb and another girl lost 3lb.

Thanks for the list keep, it can be so hard to keep track of where everyone is at!

Thanks for your responses about 30 day shred, I've placed an amazon order for it and a yoga for weightloss DVD so hopefully I'll drop those last 4.5lbs pronto, get to goal then pile it all back on as pregnancy weight grin

SweetieTime Wed 09-Jan-13 10:46:25

cartoon I think my weight gain is down to all the drugs/hormones I have been taking. I am on hrt rather than the pill but am sure it is very similar. I am really cutting back now and no booze so fingers crossed this will help

MotherOfCleo Wed 09-Jan-13 11:20:27

keep thanks so much for the list! Brroking for each and every one of us to get the results we want! xxx

CupcakesAndMulledWine Wed 09-Jan-13 11:21:29

Happy New Year Brookers!

Sorry I've been absent for a bit, my work problems have been keeping me busy.

Massive congratulations to Cartoon I'm adding in my brooking power for a super sticky cartoony bean. I haven't seen your wedding pics yet, I'll have a look later. God I love a good wedding.

Welcome back Maybe it's so good to have you back. If the lovely Imps is lurking I hope you are doing well, we miss you!

What else have I missed? I really can't be bothered to read back [lazy emoticon]

Keep I'm waiting for IVF appointment too, we have had all our test done. We are waiting on an appointment with the consultant to give us results and our treatment plan. According to the local forum this normally takes 3 months & it's been about 1 month already so we have still got a while to wait.

I've reduced my hours at work to hopefully help reduce my work related stress. So of course I'm on course for a super ironic BFP as if I get pregnant now I'll get a lot less money on maternity leave.

sweetie blooming drugs! but i guess its a very small price to pay if it helps us get our babies and if it encourages us into more active and healthy life styles that can only be a good thing right?
Hi cakes nice to see you!
with all these upcoming appointments theres sure to be a load of ironic bfps coming v.soon. is anyone due to test anytime soon?!
Dh reckons we should put him out to stud since he obviously has super amazing sperm! according to him if he were a horse we'd earn tons of money renting him out hmm strange man!

I can't believe how many of us are at the same point!

Cups pleased to hear you have reduced work stresses too. Hope that appointment comes through sooner rather than later.

Face I hope you're stroking DH's ego wink

Well done on your Jillian purchase Geek

Face I had no idea clomid could do that. So excited that things are moving along well for you though. How is Thailand treating you both?

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 20:21:08

Hello ladies, I don't normally do this kind of thing as you well know, but I have nobody else to tell. Brave, brave MrG has just written and posted letters to his two children (both now adults) that he hasn't seen in over 11 years. I am shedding a little tear here.

SweetieTime Wed 09-Jan-13 20:24:19

Aw geek {{{hugs}}}, well done brave MrG. Hope those letters are well received

NewYearNewBoo Wed 09-Jan-13 20:25:34

Ooh well done Mr G, good on him smile <hands Geek a tissue> such a brave and Toddly thing to do.

NewYearNewBoo Wed 09-Jan-13 20:26:08

blush lovely not Toddly!

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 20:47:47

<takes tissue, blows nose loudly> Thanks sweetie and boo

Yes boo I thought it was a Toddly thing to do too wink

Withalittlesparkle Wed 09-Jan-13 20:48:42

Well don't MrG, it must be so hard! I'm sure letter will be well received

NewYearNewBoo Wed 09-Jan-13 20:51:32

Oh well I'm going to spare him a bit of brooking and hope he gets a nice reply.

<hands Geek a bin for the snotty tissue> grin

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 21:15:44

sparks thank you, you have no idea how hard. I wish nobody else in the world ever had to go through this.

<tosses soggy tissue in the kindly-offered bin>

NewYearNewBoo Wed 09-Jan-13 21:29:11

Can I be really nosey and ask what prompted it? Did he do it out of the blue or has he been trying to write for a while? You don't have to answer I'm just being really nosey smile

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 21:34:58

You're not nosey at all boo He's been trying to write them for 11 years. He last saw them our firsrt christmas together, they came over a week before Christmas and we had an early celebration - tree, presents, meal, the works. Then his ex changed the phone number, no response to cards, letters, gifts. We didn't know if they even still lived at the same address. Every year he has bought them birthday cards and presents, and this Christmas I found a pile of the most recent ones, written on and never sent, but kept all together in a brown paper envelope. I did a bit of googling and found out his eldest, his daughter, has an online profile so I sent her a message asking her where the best address was for her dad to contact her and her brother. Her response was so hopeful and wonderful (to me and mrG, anyway) that it gave him hope that if he wrote a letter from the heart he might not be rejected. It's been a really hard evening. Sorry for this being a long ramble, I really have no-one else to talk to about this and MrG is so emotional I have to stay strong for him tonight.

Thank you xxx

ControlGeek Wed 09-Jan-13 21:35:52

^should say they came over a week before christmas 11 years ago, not this christmas just gone

NewYearNewBoo Wed 09-Jan-13 21:50:25

Oh well done you for finding her, and it is so promising that the message from her was full of hope too. Aah, give Mr G a little squeeze from me (you don't have to tell him it's from a brooker though) well done both of you! thanks

Oh Geek that's such lovely news. Well done MrG. And we'll done you for being so supportive x

Withalittlesparkle Wed 09-Jan-13 23:24:04

geek just so you know I've been on the 'other side' I.e. as the child so if you need to chat let me know

ControlGeek Thu 10-Jan-13 00:47:21

Thank you sparks will hopefully have aa chance to pm you tomorrow as it would be really good to get your take on everything xx

keepitgoing Thu 10-Jan-13 02:23:59

Oh geek... Did he buy cards and presents each year and never send them?

Well done, to both of you. To you, for your detective work and being so supportive, and to him, for managing to write. I'm so glad her initial reply was positive, it may not be an easy road all the way, but it'll be worth it!

You lovely people. Massive good luck, and hugs.

keepitgoing Thu 10-Jan-13 02:29:48

We are turning into a bit of an Assisted Conception thread, aren't we, cups!

I have scan today, so am nervous.

Luckily that programme was on iplayers main page, so no deception was needed... We watched it, I cried a little. I think it was helpful to reiterate to me that I shouldn't expect results first time. Also was v interesting to see all the embryology bit. geek they said you need to be a perfectionist/bit ocd, so I thought of you and your maternity spreadsheet, and how you'd have made a good embryologist! grin

OK, am readying myself for scan and potential bad lining/egg news. Urgh, why can't we just dtd a few times and that's that, like normal people?!?!

<pulls self together, as brookers are all sleeping and won't be back for hours>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now