Santa Baby, Leave a BFP under the Tree for me <brook the Rat Smacketeers>

(958 Posts)
SantasLittleControlGeek Wed 05-Dec-12 19:44:16

Old Fred here

Here we go Brookers, it's been a long year with lots of BFPs and newborn snuggles for the Brookers. We're just a sleigh-ride away from 2013, when the rest of us will get our get our 12 week scans (because of course we will all have BFPs under the christmas tree this year!)

So come all ye brookers, it's tinsel and baubels all the way!

xmas day i think keep!
that does sound good. it must work for some so theres no reason it wont work for you. what stage are you at?

keepitgoing Fri 04-Jan-13 09:34:22

Taking the drugs at the mo, cd3 to 7; had a rash yesterday but it's gone today. Scan on Thursday, and iui prob next Sat or Sunday!

SweetieTime Fri 04-Jan-13 09:51:30

BIG YEAH for * Cartoon* and the digi test. It just confirmed what we all knew. Am super chuffed for you, although now have image of your running through the aisles of Tesco in a onesie to buy digi test elbowing old folk and kids out of the way smile smile smile

oooo exciting fingers crossed, hope it works.
i have one slight worry, i missed 2 days worth of riods due to the tests not being positive. the woman at the clinic just said that it happens sometimes. so i guess my body may have already had its chance to attack

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 04-Jan-13 09:58:43

Don't worry cartoon its sounds like you're doing everything you can. and besides, if you haven't been scanned everyday or had IVF or something, you can't be exactly sure which day you ovulated.

it must happen a lot since they only give u 10 days worth and not everyone will get a positive test that early. just have to cross our fingers. ive got a scan booked for the 30th.

GreenOlives Fri 04-Jan-13 12:55:09

Don't be worrying about missing the steroids for 2 days face I didn't start mine until my BFP and this baby has done well so far - 33 weeks today! grin I am really pleased for you and I certain that it won't be long before we have another flurry of BFPs on here! grin

TheLittleFriend Fri 04-Jan-13 13:09:03

Congratulations Cartoon, that is brilliant news! Brooking for an uneventful, stress free pregnancy for you thanksthanks

I hope everyone else is well? Miss you all but can't keep up with the chat. Still brooking for you all though smile

ah thanks olives thats reasurring. wow 33weeks!

BartletForTeamGB Fri 04-Jan-13 13:11:09

Congratulations, cartoon. That is fantastic news! Brooking for a sticky one!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Fri 04-Jan-13 13:38:37

Congratulations!

So we have a 4 bed house, should I think about starting a brooking B&B? A BFP or your money back grin

Great news cartoon. Brooking for you!

And happy new year to everyone else too.Hoping for lots more brooking pregnancies in 2013.

ooooo a brookers trip to Cornwall!

NewYearNewBoo Fri 04-Jan-13 15:49:14

I think it might be I good idea Jen it is 3 out of 3 for Cornwall grin

What is next trickster do you have to start new tablets? Early scan??

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Fri 04-Jan-13 16:03:38

That would explain why I became pregnant on my first full cycle too. <Books slot on Dragons Den>

I'm sure that 2 days are not going to be a problem

SweetieTime Fri 04-Jan-13 17:04:17

Just popping in to let you all know Sweetie womble is officially fine. So say fanjocam. I have to keep taking the hormones in case I can link up with my donors cycle. All the donor team were off until Monday so they will ring me then to let me know all the next steps.

I have then since spent the rest of the afternoon shopping with my DM, who came with me to the clinic as DH had to work. All very nice imagines mat leave to be very similar but with a buggy

NewYearNewBoo Fri 04-Jan-13 17:11:35

Oh yes Sweetie that is exactly what it is like and don't be told otherwise grin I am so pleased for you and your womble, all looking good then smile there are going to be so many BFP's on here, I can't wait smilesmilesmilesmile

that's wonderful sweetie!
so I will now be taking
asprin
preg multivits
omega 3
vit d3
40g prednisone (8 tablets!)
omeprazole
cyclogest
I don't even know what some of it does!

NewYearNewBoo Fri 04-Jan-13 18:21:36

I know that the multi vits make your wee really yellow grin <helpful>

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Fri 04-Jan-13 19:27:45

Glad to hear about your wonderful womble Sweetie smile

cleo I just realised I don't think I ever asked you your TTC story?
so I did a clear blue plus this morning. positive straight away although very faint. so I hear by declar clear blue much easier to read than frers and I don't think they work as early as they claim to.
anyone got anything fun planned this weekend? I'm off to the bank to change my name.

keepitgoing Sat 05-Jan-13 15:08:56

sweetie yay on your lining! Is the donor already stimming? Omg I am actually ridiculously excited for you!!! smile

I've had bad heat rash all over my front the last couple of days, goes away overnight then back in the day. Yes, it's hot, but actually the coolest 30 deg since we got here. So I think it's from the drugs. Still, not too bad, and tomorrow's my last one for this month.

cartoon wow, what a lot of drugs! Like olives you'll be fine now. Hope you're not stressing. X

MotherOfCleo Sat 05-Jan-13 15:12:12

Hi cartoon (congrats again BTW!) mines a bit short and sweet, came off pill in sept and started TTC. Had some odd cycles since coming off the pill tho, first 35, second 24, third 26 and now a 29, makes life a bit tricky. Cycle 2 and 3 were a big old right off as I didnt realise the bleeding spotting on day 24 was AF and wasted the whole next month waiting for AF...doh, thought I had a 50 odd day cycle when it was actually 2 cycles, only realised when I put it into my phone app therefore majorly mistimes the BDconfused Got OPKs last month and know for sure I OVd so that is a weight off my mind! Think I understand the signs more now so can second guess my random cycle. TTC is damn tricky huh, dont think I know your full story either? said short and sweet but then rambled on, sorry

just popping in to say a big congratulations to cartoon! a honeymoon baby, lovely!

v happy for sweetie too, knew your womble would be perfect.

hello to everyone else - anyone want a sniff of ds's head? the hormones will bring your BFPs in no time. still brooking for you all.

Solars Sat 05-Jan-13 18:16:13

Oooo me please Gen nice to see you around here, hope all is going well, is dd enjoying little bro too?

Great news about your womb lining Sweetie you'll have that BFP before you know it! Exciting indeed!!

That doesn't sound very pleasant Keep is the rash on the list of side effects from the drug?

Cartoon that is a long list there! Hope you're doing ok.

I think I'm having a strange AF here, had a bit of spotting yesterday so thought AF would be in full flow today, however I'm still only spotting! Why is AF never here when you want her to be sad

Right off to put on supper, we're having thai green curry tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now