Santa Baby, Leave a BFP under the Tree for me <brook the Rat Smacketeers>

(958 Posts)
SantasLittleControlGeek Wed 05-Dec-12 19:44:16

Old Fred here

Here we go Brookers, it's been a long year with lots of BFPs and newborn snuggles for the Brookers. We're just a sleigh-ride away from 2013, when the rest of us will get our get our 12 week scans (because of course we will all have BFPs under the christmas tree this year!)

So come all ye brookers, it's tinsel and baubels all the way!

NewYearNewBoo Mon 31-Dec-12 18:49:42

Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR and hope 2013 brings a BFP for all. smilesmile

GreenOlives Mon 31-Dec-12 19:08:58

Happy New Year lovely brooking ladies! Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2013 and BIG FAT POSITIVES all round!! grin grin grin

ControlGeek Mon 31-Dec-12 20:12:58

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I'm all tired and headachey and fed up of separating fighting cats so I hope you won't mind if I don't namecheck everyone. You've all been so busy on fred this Christmas!

scarlett bloody AF, what a day for her to turn up <ninja-slams AF into the doorframe then bounces her down the front steps>

Boo to AF turning up where she isn't wanted, and not turning up where she is. I hope someone got her a proper, up to date satnav for christmas to prevent this happening again.

griff I'm sorry things have got to the stage they have with you. Take all the time you need away from it all.

Boo I can't guarantee any drunken posts I'm afraid - if I can shift this headache then I might hit the lambrini later (oh yeah baby I know how to live it up!) but otherwise it's tapwater, decaf coffee and an early night for me!

Sorry for all the silence the last couple of weeks, I was more stressed out with work than I realised so just kind of crashed once my leave started.

How did everyone's Christmas go? My Yule was lovely, very quiet just the two of us but at least that meant there were no obligations to have christmas food out for the whole time.

ControlGeek Mon 31-Dec-12 20:14:29

Oops - meant to add hi to cleo - not sure if we've met yet!

MotherOfCleo Mon 31-Dec-12 20:23:22

well.....just did another internet cheapy (please dont be mad) got a faint faint faint line, you wouldnt notice unless staring like the crazy woman I am lol.....gives me hope tho! xx

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Mon 31-Dec-12 20:38:59

I had a line that was barely a smudge, turned into DD smile

Looking pretty promising Cleo grin

MotherOfCleo Mon 31-Dec-12 21:06:56

I hope your right Jen! I darent quite believe it! eeeek, so hopeful!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Mon 31-Dec-12 21:09:11

You're a brooker now smile

SparklySanta Mon 31-Dec-12 21:49:08

Oh my god cleo!!!!!! Test again in the morning with one of your better tests!! Mine started as the faintest smudge on a cheapie as well!!!

Hi Geek, sorry work is stressing you out!! Glad your back through

BartletForTeamGB Mon 31-Dec-12 23:20:34

DS & DD both started the vaguest of vague lines too!

Do you have a test for tomorrow morning, Cleo?

ControlGeek Mon 31-Dec-12 23:55:59

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda Brookers!!

NewYearNewBoo Mon 31-Dec-12 23:57:53

Ay a rate good un brookers smile

ControlGeek Tue 01-Jan-13 00:02:17

For the un-diffed among us, I definitely recommend a toast of brandy and lambrini, with a maraschino cherry on a stick - heaven grin

NewYearNewBoo Tue 01-Jan-13 00:16:30

You better have one for me Geek smilesmile

Happy new year.

SparklySanta Tue 01-Jan-13 00:18:50

Happy new year lovely brookers!!!!

ControlGeek Tue 01-Jan-13 00:22:54

Sorry boo I can only cope with one - back to normal lambrinis now (party animal me see!)

Time for bed methinks - oooh boo I've a question I need to pm you... check in a minute smile

SweetieSnowball Tue 01-Jan-13 00:36:20

Happy New Year brookers. I have ordered BFPs for all grin grin May 2013 bring us all what we want. May the brooking force be with us all wink wink wink

NewYearNewBoo Tue 01-Jan-13 00:39:10

Seen and replied Geek smile

SparklySanta Tue 01-Jan-13 01:17:47

Ooooooh boo/geek that all sounds very mysterious!!!

keepJinglingThoseBells Tue 01-Jan-13 09:42:47

Congrats Cleo, how long have you been trying?

Looks like we're cycle buddies, Scarlet . Stupid AF.

Start my letrozole tomorrow, for 5 days, scan on the 10th, then schedule iui. Get brooking, brookers.

Happy new year to everyone. Ours was v quiet, as family left last night, but I can highly recommend Christmas on the beach. I wore my Santa hat all day, inc while swimming and sunbathing for fear of forgetting it was Christmas Let's brook for bfps for all us old-timers this year (early this year!).

Sweetie, am v excited for you!
face how was the wedding, and when's your bfp due?

NewYearNewBoo Tue 01-Jan-13 09:58:48

<waiting for Cleo to come and confirm>

Keep your Christmas sounds lovely, I like the bit about the hat so you didn't forget grin your BFP will be here in no time! I'm brooking no argument.

MotherOfCleo Tue 01-Jan-13 10:04:51

hello, well no news really. Apart from the fact we didnt shut the puppy gate well enough last night and I now have a puppy in the bed...ooops.

No sign of the witch so far, check my cervix again and its even higher than yday, so high I can hardly reach it! All the brown spotting has stopped and I now have creamy cm (sorry tmi!)

Im wondering if I implanted later than I thought, maybe 9 or 10dpo rather than 7dpo as I originally thought. Im going to rest tomorrow and hope hope hope until then that AF stays away and I get a BFP....FX!!!

MotherOfCleo Tue 01-Jan-13 10:07:10

P.S Been trying since sept but my cycle went a bit awry after coming off the pill so Ive only had 3 cycles.

ControlGeek Tue 01-Jan-13 11:47:33

keep brooking that your letrozole does the trick and you have a fab, super-implantable lining and the perfect number of follies when the time comes. Christmas on the beach sounds amazing, I love that you wore your hat even while swimming!

sweetie yay! You mentioned 'May' a bit in your post. Perhaps that has some significance for 2013 - we must surely be due another tripe whammy, or even quadruple whammy - maybe that's when it will happen? It seems forever ago since sparks announced, the fred really needs another BFP or she and boo will be all alone on the grads fred soon.

sparks just making sure the fred remains family-friendly <will say no more than that> wink

cleo those ICs are pesky beggars. I've had everything on them, from 'nope not even in photoshop', through 'well that's definitely where it would be if I had a line', to 'well blow me it's even pink', but all were BFNs for me. I don't trust them any more and keep a stock of PPS (posh pee sticks) for if the occasion ever arises when AF is late, but I still use them just for giggles in the lead up to AF being due, purely to scratch my testing itch. There is still time though - as long as AF is not here, you are in with a chance! When was AF due?

I got a surprise peak on the CBFM today, so will be breaking in the last of the christmas undies with MrG grin Not holding out too much hope that ov is imminent though as it's still pretty early in my cycle (for me, anyway) and my temps aren't acting as they normally do pre-ov. Still, I will take all I can get and be grateful wink

cartoonface Tue 01-Jan-13 13:57:21

hi all especially new brookers!
the wedding was amazing it just feels like a blur now though, i feel a bit sad its over. i want another wedding day! ive put up a pic (its not very good though) for you guys ill put more up (better ones) when i can. xmas was lovely but tiring with everyone here! we got back from 3days in a log cabin in cornwall yesterday. i loved the hot tub so much, i need one in my garden!
argh being rushed as off to my mums ummmm ill read everyones news properly later promise.
ps i shall be testing in the morning, hardly neccasary really though as i have decided i am pregnant, obvs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now