Santa Baby, Leave a BFP under the Tree for me <brook the Rat Smacketeers>

(958 Posts)
SantasLittleControlGeek Wed 05-Dec-12 19:44:16

Old Fred here

Here we go Brookers, it's been a long year with lots of BFPs and newborn snuggles for the Brookers. We're just a sleigh-ride away from 2013, when the rest of us will get our get our 12 week scans (because of course we will all have BFPs under the christmas tree this year!)

So come all ye brookers, it's tinsel and baubels all the way!

SparklySanta Sun 30-Dec-12 11:16:37

cleo if you're near an asda pick up one their tests, I got my Internet cheapies from amazon and the line remained super faint even when AF was late by over a week!! Just saying!!

griff sorry if AF is lurking, but you never know until she is actually here!!!

NewYearNewBoo Sun 30-Dec-12 12:32:08

Same here sparks, only a very faint ic line when all the other tests (I did a few to make sure) were screaming pregnant, good luck Cleo and Griff

And it is never over till the red lady sings!!

JenFrankincenseAndMyrrh Sun 30-Dec-12 13:01:26

I didn't test until the day after AF was due. I used Amazon cheapies and never got a strong line. They say that they are super sensitive but that is a lie.

SparklySanta Sun 30-Dec-12 13:09:51

So I hereby decree that Internet cheapies are banned from the land of brooking because they're crap!!!

MotherOfCleo Sun 30-Dec-12 13:36:23

ohh thanks ladies! i have an asda one and a sainsburys one, i'm going to try some self control (what the f is that lol) and wait a day or two before testing again with a diff test.....wish me luck smile

keepJinglingThoseBells Sun 30-Dec-12 14:45:58

Bugger. Af is here. Cycle 19 here we are. IUI me up.

Sigh.

I'm not a fan of testing. If af doesn't come you're pregnant. I think early testing options drive us mad.

Griff hugs. It really does suck. And that's all there is to it. Vent, cry, rage on us. I hear you, as do many other lovely brookers.

MotherOfCleo Sun 30-Dec-12 14:51:54

ahh Griff u poor thing sad its not over till its over tho.

My inlaws have recently moved and are yet to clean their old flat....ive just had to clean their bloody oven...wtf! I dont even do mine!!!! sad

Solars Sun 30-Dec-12 15:14:24

Oh no Keep sad do you start your tablets from tomorrow? Are you on different ones this time around?

Griff & Mother not over until AF arrives!

SparklySanta Sun 30-Dec-12 15:30:07

Oh keep that sucks big fat monkey balls!!!

Griffomais Sun 30-Dec-12 17:57:37

Well brookers that me out again - I can't even face month 28 so I'm giving up. Just cannot start another year of this shit I really can't.

I want to wish everyone else the best of luck in their journey.

Wouldn't mind knowing why I won't happen bu I guess that's something I won't ever know.

Rock bottom is a nasty place to be - so 2013 will just need to be my year at doing something else.

Happy New Year Brookers.x

MotherOfCleo Sun 30-Dec-12 17:59:50

ahhh griff feel for you sad sending love and hugs your way xxx

SparklySanta Sun 30-Dec-12 18:17:45

Oh griff this makes me so sad xx

Solars Mon 31-Dec-12 09:26:38

Oh Griff I'm so sorry to hear that. This is such a tough journey and such a difficult decision to make, I'll still be brooking for you though!

Mother hope you're still doing ok, when will you test again?

How is everyone else doing? What are your plans for this evening?

We are going out for an early supper and then seeing the new year in at home, the 2 of us! We had invites to parties but I especially couldn't face them! To be honest I'm glad to see the end of this year it's been emotionally all over the place and looking forward to a bright new start next year with BFP's for ALL of us!

PS I'll gladly take anyone's AF this month as we didn't attempt at all, so hurry up AF and come and find me!!

Solars Mon 31-Dec-12 09:56:31

<Wafts freshly baked bread around to entice brookers in old and new>

What do we want?
Positive pee sticks!

When do we want them?
Now!!!! (well in my case in about 5 weeks time!)

NewYearNewBoo Mon 31-Dec-12 10:08:21

<follows smell of bread Mmm!>

Morning ladies smile Happy New Year, I am also staying in tonight cos we got no invites to go out by choice, honestly grin we would stay in any way, Toddly boo gets a bit very grumpy when he is tired, and so do I at the moment wink

Griff so sorry to hear your news, I hope you don't mind me brooking for you.

Keep may I second the big fat monkey balls for you too, 2013 is the brookers year, I just know it!!!!

MotherOfCleo Mon 31-Dec-12 10:27:18

Hi solars im going to wait till I'm actually late (or at least try too!)
AF is due tomorrow and so far no cramps etc, altho I do still have pink spotting so not sure what to think....everything crossed!

Loopyhasanotherbean Mon 31-Dec-12 10:28:00

Just popping in to wish you all luck for the new year. Almost a year ago I got my BFP, think it was the 3rd Jan? Now have a very smiley DS 2 and I hope that a year from now you all have smiley babies of your own x

Solars Mon 31-Dec-12 10:37:31

A grumpy Toddlyboo and princess boo does not sound like a good combination of fun! Is the newboo bump coming along well? Have a lovely New Years Boo x

Mother I have absolutely everything crossed for you to be our first New Years brooker BFP! <starts the hunt and capture of Mother's AF so she stays at chez Solars this month>

Loopy lovely to hear from you and congratulations, I don't think I recall the announcement of DS2, happy new year to you x

MotherOfCleo Mon 31-Dec-12 10:51:00

Thanks Solars hope u find the witch before she finds me grin
My back aches today, I did clean the MiLs oven yday tho (not by choice) so that may be why? My hips hurt too which is random, plus I was actually crying at an animal program yday round the inlaws an I have kind of OV type twinges on the left side.....more random. I hope so much AF stays away and I get my BFP! Crossing everything!!!

NewYearNewBoo Mon 31-Dec-12 14:47:04

I agree Solars any invite would have been politely declined, I'm sure next year it will be party central in the boo house grin newboo is coming along lovely now, DH can feel the kicks so he is really pleased. Have you fully recovered now? That BFP is surely in the bag for you!!

Cleo you too, a BFP for new years day will do very nicely!!

Anyone else testing? Sweetie?? wink

Geek how are you my lovely?? Hope you are gearing up for a very drunk new years party, I love your drunk posts grin

NewYearNewBoo Mon 31-Dec-12 14:50:12

Sorry Toddly boo was helping post that one, he likes smiley faces, meant to say -

Anyone else testing? Sweetie how are you doing, what's next??

ScarlettsPlantHasTinselHoHoHo Mon 31-Dec-12 15:56:59

Just to let you know the bitch has landed at chez Scarlett, 2 days early and with an almighty kick in the guts...

Happy New Year.

SparklySanta Mon 31-Dec-12 16:06:31

Oh scarlett I'm so sorry, are you going to have a little tipple tonight?

MotherOfCleo Mon 31-Dec-12 16:18:44

god im emotional today! so teary for no damn reason at all! its knackering sad

ScarlettsPlantHasTinselHoHoHo Mon 31-Dec-12 18:32:11

I'm going to have several wink

Have fun y'all see you on the other side!]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now