Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

sunnyg Wed 19-Dec-12 12:08:48

Good luck for today lucky. Fingers crossed for that BFP!

badger wooo hooo maternity leave here you come. I echo pocket in saying please do keep in touch. You've always been so thoughtful and kind and still interested in our journeys even when you got your BFP. I hope you get a chance to put your feet up before bub arrives.

pocket how wonderful to see your laid back bub on the scan. I'm glad you have that private test booked as well, but all is going to be fine anyway.

Another Acupuncture fan here. Actually it's the only alternative therapy that has proven (and had multiple scientific studies done) that has increased IVF/Assisted conception success. Plus I love my acpuncturist and always feel much more chilled after.

Keep believing ladies - here comes 2013!

oxox

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 12:36:27

Sunny, do you have any links to these scientific studies, please? I would be really interested to see them. Thank you.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Wed 19-Dec-12 12:59:20

Hello. I've been stalking lurking for a while and feel its now time to formally out myself and request to join.

I've been TTC for 2 years and have had 2 mc's both at 9ish weeks. Once a year ago and the other in June. I am currently on my 1st cycle of clomid and am sick of the chair of doom already!

I am on the BESH thread but fancied popping in here too. Hope thats ok.

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 13:31:06

Hello, Buggerlugs, I'm on my third round of Clomid. Last two cycles we saw two big follicles on the screen and both times I was injected with HCG and still no pregnancy. I've joined this thread as we are going for one round of IUI in the New Year. Why did your consultant suggest Clomid? Are you old, like me (41)? wink

vallinnapod Wed 19-Dec-12 14:10:08

Golden I don't have to downreg for FET. The only reason I am on the pill is because I don't ovulate/have periods so it is to induce a bleed. And yes, totally ironic hmmgrin

Welcome Buggerlugs - good luck with the Clomid

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 14:20:53

Thanks, Vall, is FET the transfer of embryos which were created at an earlier date and then frozen?

Watching the clock here for Lucky's news..

vallinnapod Wed 19-Dec-12 14:43:43

Yes. I had successful IVF this time 2 years ago (DS is 15.5 months). We had two embryos that were good enough to freeze so we are hoping they both thaw successfully!

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 15:03:10

Ooooh, Vall! When will that be?

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 15:08:28

P.s..*Vall*, why do you need the pill to bring on a bleed? Don't you have periods? (Sorry if I seem nosy but I'm ill-informed and would like to know more in case I find £5k under a hedge somewhere).

goldengirl71 Wed 19-Dec-12 19:28:26

I hope no news is good news, Lucky!

vallinnapod Wed 19-Dec-12 19:29:16

I don't have periods because I don't ovulate...due to PCOS.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Wed 19-Dec-12 20:41:21

Hello. Thanks for the kind welcome.

Golden I have no idea why he suggested clomid. I ovulate, i have periods and i can get pregnant. I just can't stay pregnant!! The scans have shown that my ovaries are polycystic although i don't have PCOS. I'm 30 btw.

vallinnapod Wed 19-Dec-12 20:45:10

Bugger...bit like me (although as I mentioned no ovulation/periods). Polycystic ovaries but my hormone levels are all normal (I still cannot see how this could be the case??), normal weight etc. Annoying [grr]

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Wed 19-Dec-12 20:50:52

Yep thats me. Normal everything except for my teflon womb!

Luckystarfour Thu 20-Dec-12 09:29:41

Hi ladies

I'm absolutely gutted to say its a NO!!!

As soon as I've recharged the batteries - ill be back online - but for now time to instigate plan b - booking a big trip to leave on Christmas Day.

Then to dust ourselves down and get back on the horse - sperm doner route is the one for us and it looks like we will start that in March/April.

Don't stop believing ladies and time to go easy on ourselves over Christmas xxxxxx

goldengirl71 Thu 20-Dec-12 10:45:02

Bloody hell, Lucky, I don't believe it (and I really don't understand either). I am so sorry. Going away sounds a marvellous plan. Hope you find some peace, love.

BadgerFace Thu 20-Dec-12 10:57:58

So sorry to hear that Lucky. Look after yourself, and wishing you a very good trip.

wellerbabe Thu 20-Dec-12 15:59:25

lucky sorry to hear that it wasn't good news. Sounds like a great thing to focus on getting a fab hol booked. Go and relax and enjoy time with other half smile

sunnyg Thu 20-Dec-12 17:13:28

lucky so sorry to hear that. Have a good break, and when you are ready to return we'll all be here for you.

sunnyg Thu 20-Dec-12 17:17:46

golden I'm sorry I don't know any particular articles off the top of my head, but a very quick google search found these. I'm sure there is more out there if you are interested. Pretty much every clinic these days will also have information about acupuncture and AC and most are very supportive of it. But as the other's have said, like all of this stuff it doesn't come cheap. Although I do know some practitioners operate low cost multi-bed practices.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/08/health.healthandwellbeing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1933901.stm

and welcome to buggerlugs

MiniH Thu 20-Dec-12 18:29:38

lucky so sorry it don't work. You sound like you have an excellent back up plan with the holiday and I really hope the next round is your turn.

pocket yay on your 12w scan. Good luck for the private one tomorrow. It is nice to know there and then all the results. Fx for you hun.

Xx

wellerbabe Fri 21-Dec-12 12:26:48

Happy to report one healthy little bean with fast little heart flickering this morning at 6wk scan. Still a bit in shock but think it will start to feel real now. grin

Hope you are all ready to wind down for Christmas x

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Fri 21-Dec-12 12:38:58

Morning all. Well done on the scan Weller. Keep that little bean safe and warm and take it easy.

I am due to ovulate this weekend and have decided that i'm going to get pregnant this month. However niave (sp?) that may seem, PMA is the way forward for me today.

BadgerFace Fri 21-Dec-12 13:20:15

Hurray Weller what an amazing thing for you to see!

Good luck this weekend Buggerlugs wink

goldengirl71 Fri 21-Dec-12 16:46:20

Weller, congratulations. Marvellous.

Bugger, we could be screw buddies. I am ovulating either tomorrow or Sunday and my wonderful DP (with his ejaculatory issues) has already done the business twice. Two more screws to go! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.