Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

Caip Tue 20-Aug-13 19:22:04

Huge congrats weller! grin

Pocket1 Tue 20-Aug-13 19:54:44

Oh Weller that is amazing fantastic news. Congratulations. I couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy enjoy enjoy xxx gringringrin

Luckystarfour Tue 20-Aug-13 21:01:37

Brilliant news weller that's the best news ;-))

gingernutdreams Wed 21-Aug-13 18:32:29

Absolutely fantastic news Weller! Congratulations! So so pleased for you! grin

Pocket I am 15 weeks now. I have a midwife appointment next week, and my 20 week scan is 25th Sep. So can't wait to see the little one again! smile

DSB

Pocket1 Wed 21-Aug-13 22:27:53

Wow Ginger. That's brilliant. Not long till you have a bump to show off. We got our best scan pics at the 20 week scan so you can look forward to that! x smile

Oooh, lots of news here! I used to be JuicySteak in case you're wondering who the interloper is.

Weller, what fantastic news thanks

Lucky, I'm sorry IUI didn't work but there is a huge chance of success with DE IVF.

Caip, I've congratulated you over on the Egg Buddies thread but I shall say it again: congratulations! thanks

Pocket, how is your little one and how difficult is motherhood?

Ginger, excellent news on being so far along smile I am 12+2 and have had five scans so far blush The NHS are treating me with kid gloves and literally throwing free scans at me. My care is consultant-led and the midwife comes to my home..I feel very looked-after.

I NEVER COULD QUITE BELIEVE BUT NOW I DO SO DON'T STOP BELIEVING

Pocket1 Fri 23-Aug-13 21:17:50

Oooh Pram how lovely to have all those scans to see the LO and all those scan pics for your scrapbook. I cried at every scan - so lovely to see the munchkin! Are you pink nor blue? Or not finding out? Or not telling? wink

Motherhood is fab thanks, harder work than I imagined but so so so lovely - just the best thing ever. You'll see. You'll all see...

DSB
gringrin

Pocket, I am bloody dying to know the sex, but, as this is probably my one and only pregnancy I feel I need to know what that excitement feels like at the birth, not knowing what I am having. Does that make sense? It has, indeed, been lovely to have so many reassuring scans, but the reality is I feel just as terrified 72 hours later that something may have gone wrong. I think there comes a time where you have to just sit with the anxiety and learn to rationalise the paranoia.

You sound like you're in love, Pocket...wink

Scrumptiousboy Sat 24-Aug-13 14:02:32

Congratulations weller smile welcome to motherhood!

sunnyg Congratulations on the birth of Albert and Annabel. I'm sure you have little fighters there. i hope both you and they are now well looked after. My thoughts are with you - stay strong. Entering motherhood is difficult enough without having to endure what you did. Was really sorry to hear you weren't looked after.

gingernutdreams Sun 25-Aug-13 17:34:02

Pramqueen so lovely to hear you are 12 +2 weeks already and are being looked after so well, it's great having so many scans isn't it? I've had 4, and love every single pic I have! I know what you mean about the paranoia though, as I have not seen my little one for 3, nearly 4 weeks, I am finding it hard to still believe it has really happened for me, despite my little bump, sore boobs biscuit biscuit and all the other symptoms I have. I don't think I will feel reassured till the 20 week scan and when I start to feel movements.

Pocket it is lovely to hear about your positive experiences with your little one. I cannot wait till that is me! grin

Hello to all you lovely ladies, I hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday!

xx

gingernutdreams Tue 27-Aug-13 20:36:55

Hey Ladies! Just dropping in to say I have had my 16 week antenatal appointment and was lucky enough to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was really lovely, and I felt quite emotional as so far I have had to rely on pictures, or just hoping all was going well, but to hear my baby's heart beating away loudly was just fantastic! grin

Hope you are all doing well.

DSB

Pocket1 Wed 28-Aug-13 18:35:10

Ginger, that's so lovely. Such a milestone. smile I cried every time I heard the heart beat. Especially at my last midwife appt when i realised that was the last time i'd ever hear it. Take it easy and enjoy your pregnancy. grin

Aw, that's beautiful news, Ginger. I'm back from my dating scan at 13+5 and baby was kicking its legs so powerfully - just like a frog leaping! Scan photo on my profile if anyone's bored interested.

DSB

Pocket1 Fri 30-Aug-13 08:28:05

Woohoo Pram! Your LO will probably be a wriggler then. Mine was never still for any scans (sonographers always struggled to do measurements on my little wriggler) and she is a real wriggler now too!! Enjoy your bump smilesmilesmile

Aw, thanks Pocket grin

gingernutdreams Sat 31-Aug-13 11:55:33

Aw Pram that sounds lovely, so magical to see them moving on the scans! I still fondly remember seeing ours hiccupping at the 10 week scan. smile

Luckystarfour Tue 03-Sep-13 18:29:04

no one seems to be post very frequently anymore - are you all pregnant and leaving us ttc's behind sad

it would be nice not to loose contact with all you lovely ladies, equally the support network has been invaluable and I really don't feel I want to start up another if there are still those ttc on here and those who have had success and long journeys to offer their support and knowledge.

Anyone out there???????

I'm trying to 'not stop believing here' - but feeling alone!!!!

Pocket1 Tue 03-Sep-13 21:13:00

You're never on your own Lucky. DSBgrin x

FabiOne Tue 03-Sep-13 21:34:40

Hey

Can I join please?! Having lap and hyst in a couple of weeks to remove more endo and fix my bicornuate uterus then we are starting the assisting conception route of IVF. Going to be down regulated for three months to stop any of the endo coming back so soon and wondered if anyone else has had down reg for that long? What are the side effects?

Hoping that all the success on this thread will rub off :-)

Luckystarfour Wed 04-Sep-13 08:07:45

Fabione welcome. I'm afraid I can't really add any information which might help here as I haven't down regg'd for that long before, but there really is a wealth of information from these ladies on here so I'm sure someone will be along shortly to offer advice - good luck with the start of your IVF journey and we are all here for support smile

Pocket thank you huni - you'll be pleased to know my dark cloud has finally lifted! Gosh I was worried last week that it never would again.

Day 7 today post IUI with donor sperm and 7 more days to go - who knows what this time will bring!!! Fingers crossed hey! xx

FabiOne Wed 04-Sep-13 23:08:12

Luckystarfour - thanks for your warm welcome. Good luck for next week xx

Luckystarfour Thu 05-Sep-13 07:23:24

Thank you fabione x

gingernutdreams Fri 06-Sep-13 11:41:31

Welcome Fabione and all the best of luck to you. I have not down regged for that long either, but was ok with the symptoms for the time I did down reg (think it was mainly headaches, and feeling grumpy/hormonal).

Lucky glad you are feeling better now, but try not to lose the faith (easy to say, I know), and I am still here, on this thread, despite now having reached the milestone of a BFP, as I still feel comfortable with you all, and want to see plenty more BFPs from you all! I so hope this works for you this time sweetie.

Hi Pocket and hi to everyone else still lurking.

smile

DSB

Hello, Fabione and welcome. I am sorry I can't advise you re downregging as I got my BFP through donor egg IVF. I wish you every success.

Lucky, very best wishes to you in this horrible 2ww. Any symptoms to report? Are you on progesterone to support any resulting pregnancy?

[waves to Ginger] I can't believe I'm 15 weeks pregnant today. Do you remember me not believing? It can work, you know..it really can...

Don't Stop Believing

[Waves to Pocket] How is motherhood now, chuck, and do you have any tips?! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.