Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

gingernutdreams Tue 16-Jul-13 21:02:43

Caip so glad you can still carry on regardless of the cyst. All the very best of luck with it all!

Teds good to hear from you, and how fab to hear of your 2 one year olds! How time flies, ey?

Vall, I am keeping fingers firmly crossed for you, but like Lucky says, the positive tests are the important things. I hope the spotting stops for you soon.

I am still having some spotting, though mine is more yellow than brown... I am trying not to panic about it, and DH has told me to step away from Google as having been winding myself up finding both bad and good things to explain it.. I will mention it to the midwife next wed at my appointment, unless any of you ladies think I should call the clinic again..?

DSB

Luckystarfour Tue 16-Jul-13 21:52:15

Juicy just read back and caught up. Wonderful news - well done you!

ginger keep calm as your hubby says and try not to do too much fact finding online, what did we do before google hey! Personally I would ring the clinic for their advice, you've come too far to risk not asking. smile

AFM - we found out that City Fertility who have carried out our egg collection and embryo transfer due to their partnership agreement with our clinic HSFC can offer us IUI for £800 per cycle with an extra 10 % discount, instead of £1000 with HSFC. So with out consultants agreement we are going to jump ship for these three natural insemination cycles and go for it with the donor sperm. Then if this dosent work, its onto double donor. Might even get to start this month, but failing that August - wish me luck!!!!

gingernutdreams Wed 17-Jul-13 17:24:58

Good news re City Fertility and the IUI cycle Lucky! All the best of luck for those!

Well, my spotting went pink overnight, but has settled back down to brown today. Nevertheless, I was freaked out, so did ring the clinic. They must have been a little concerned too, as they have booked me in for another scan tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed the bean is just growing, and moving furniture and that's all it is. I feel like I am being so needy, but best to be safe rather than sorry after coming this far (as you say Lucky). I will check back tomorrow with the findings.

Luckystarfour Wed 17-Jul-13 19:18:01

gingernut I think you've done the right thing ;-)

Been for scan this afternoon. All looking good, no cysts - lovely lining and 4 eggs left 6 eggs right - 2 looking dominant so we shall see which one naturally takes over. Scan on Friday to time trigger accurately - trigger shot perhaps Saturday - insemination Monday :-) down to Dorset Tuesday all being well!

gingernutdreams Thu 18-Jul-13 19:36:47

That sounds promising Lucky! Good luck with the trigger tomorrow and the insemination on Mon.

I went for my scan today, and I am now 10 weeks gone. We saw the little one and got 5 more photos! All is well, the heartbeat is strong and the little one even had hiccups at one point, which was funny to see. We also saw the hands and fingers and the beginnings of his/her ears. There appeared to be some blood vessels under the placenta which could be being disturbed by the little one, possibly causing the spotting, but it was not a cause for concern. I am so much happier now, and glad I got another chance to see bubba in so much detail. Now I just need to wait for the midwife appointment next Wed and then the 12 week scan when this is booked.

Hope all is well with all you ladies.

xx

Luckystarfour Thu 18-Jul-13 22:37:35

gingernut that is so reassuring to hear. So pleased you can relax and start to enjoy it x

Great news, Ginger, and well done on the eggs, Lucky.

Pocket1 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:45:21

Ginger that's great to hear. You have a strong little one there and bless those little hands and fingers. Hope you can start to enjoy your pregnancy - it took me a while but I think the AC journey means we start from a 'hard to relax' place. Look after yourself grin

wellerbabe Mon 22-Jul-13 14:15:34

Good news ginger and if it helps i was bleeding at 8.5 weeks for around a week and it turned bright red at one point, but scan showed a clot on the placenta that subsequently went away. Also was told to start sticking progesterone round the back
door as that can sometimes irritate and cause spotting. Anyway I am almost ready to pop so it worked gringringrin

Good luck to all the other ladies smile

gingernutdreams Tue 23-Jul-13 20:00:49

Thanks Juicy, Pocket and Weller. I was advised by the CARE nurses to stick the progesterone round the back too, so I have been doing that for a while. The spotting seems to have eased a bit, and gone back to yellow (sorry if tmi). I am starting to relax now Pocket, and I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on and the bean keeps growing!

Weller when are you due? It's very exciting! grin

How are all you other ladies doing?

DSB

wellerbabe Thu 25-Jul-13 07:49:02

Hi 15th August, so 3 weeks today and booked in for induction if nothing happens beforehand grin

Pocket1 Thu 25-Jul-13 07:57:58

Oh Weller I'm so excited for you. The next chapter is almost here smilesmilesmile

Luckystarfour Thu 25-Jul-13 21:20:59

Brilliant news weller not long to go :-)

Caip Fri 26-Jul-13 10:23:14

Is there anyone else currently mid treatment or about to start or just me? Had a scan yesterday and lining is 8.1 so on track for FET with 2 days 5s (good defrosting permitting) next Thursday or Friday, just waiting for the call

How are you vall?
Hope everyone is well. Good luck weller!

gingernutdreams Fri 26-Jul-13 17:44:11

Exciting times Weller, can't wait to hear that your little one has arrived! smile

Good news re your lining and possible FET next Thurs or Fri Caip. I will keep my fingers crossed all goes well for you.

Waves to everyone else.

DSB

Luckystarfour Fri 26-Jul-13 23:31:36

caip I'm hoping for insemination any day now - going with my natural cycle - no drugs. Great news re your lining, I bet you're getting quite excited now smile

Pocket1 Sat 27-Jul-13 05:46:34

Great news Lucky. Sending you positive vibes by the truck load smile

Caip Mon 29-Jul-13 18:09:40

Any news lucky?

Luckystarfour Thu 01-Aug-13 08:15:54

Hi caip busy week! Yes went for insemination on Monday - can't believe how different I felt before even though we have used donor sperm through ICSI last round. I felt a huge sense of being dysloyal, but I think in hindsight it was because its also the first round where my hubby's sperm was not used at all. He has been incredibly supportive and on board which helps no end!
So test day is Monday 12th August. But I will def. be testing before just to see If we get anywhere! Swapped me to a very new progesterone vaginal gel which they feel is the most effective in getting absorbed. So no more gestone injections and pessaries - thank god.
No trigger shot before - just went off my ovulation monitor. No clexane needed as apparently that's only an essential immune drug of having IVF. So I'm just on my prednisolone (half dose) until testing and a daily asprin. I must say the reduction in drugs does feel much nicer.
Also feel less aware than if I'd had embryo transfer. Just tell myself I would never know what was happening inside if I hadn't had insemination. So I'm getting on completely as normal which is a relief! As I say it does feel quite different to IVF and I'm pleased we've taken this route to at least hive it a try.

How's your journey, any news of transfer yet?

Thanks pocket hugs back and I hope your little lady is getting on well?

Waves to all. Xxx

Caip Thu 01-Aug-13 09:06:27

Great news Lucky and fingers firmly crossed for the 12th! You've mentioned loads of drugs I've never even heard of!
I'm going in for transfer tomorrow and I feel completely different about this one too - far more relaxed. I haven't had to do any down regging or any injections, just been taking 2mg of progynova 3 times a day as a tablet and have been using cyclogest as suppositories since Sunday but nothing too major or disruptive so it hasn't been as big a deal as injecting. I think because I'm got a new job I've had other things to focus on too. I've been in wind down mode for ages and am not stressed in the slightest! I've got today off but my lovely boss has it in my diary as working from home so that I still get paid for the holidays I've not used. And I think I'll be testing on the Saturday before starting my new job on the Monday so if it's negative then at least I have a new job to get excited about

hi everyone else xx

Scrumptiousboy Thu 01-Aug-13 15:31:40

Hi - an old graduate here, thought I'd pop my head in and see how life is progressing.
Super glad to read your news Pocket - many congratulations! Enjoy motherhood and all it brings with it.
Congratulations to Minih too, glad to see another successful ARGC story.
Sunnyg - how are you coping in the heat?

Our cheeky little rascal is now 7 months. Seems like it was only yesterday we got our BFP!
Good luck to everyone - DSB smile

gingernutdreams Thu 01-Aug-13 18:39:36

Fab news Lucky! And fingers firmly crossed for you for your otd of 12th.

Fingers crossed also for you Caip for your testing on Sat.

Quick question.. have any of you ladies who were on prednisolone, experienced any skin rashes atall? I have a rash on my legs which has been around for about a week, which I think is because of the prednisolone, but I am not sure if I should contact my GP or midwife about it..? Any clue?

I have my 12 week scan on Tues! Then I can finally tell everyone! I have already told my best friend, and my boss, and DH's brothers, and I plan to tell my Mum and Dad and DH's Mum and Dad this weekend, but I am eager to tell the rest of my friends and family. I am also very keen to see bean again! grin

DSB

HoopHopes Fri 02-Aug-13 11:30:22

Hi no rash for me no. I guess if contact gp or HV they would rule out anything else, well a midwife would not or tell you to stop taking it?

Pocket1 Fri 02-Aug-13 16:27:12

Ginger, I didn't have a rash with prednisolone. Could it be heat rash? How exciting that you can go public best week. Just lovely grin

Scrumptiousboy - lovely to hear from you. Wow 7 months gringringrin

Luckystarfour Sun 04-Aug-13 07:56:05

No rash with prednisolone here either ginger and I'm taking it again as we speak.

Im one week on from insemiation tomorrow and I'm temptedto start testing! How early did any of you ladies get a positive reading. My gut for some reason is telling me its gonna be another no this time, but I've know reason to think that just an intuition!!! Xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.