Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 09-Jul-13 22:05:28

Ooh vall I was so excited by my news I didn't even read yours - that's amazing! Massive congrats on your lovely pale line xx

Oh, Vall, what super, super news you naughty, naughty girl grin thanks

Well done, Caip, on securing that job, they must think you're ace smile

vallinnapod Wed 10-Jul-13 06:45:43

Still very faint, DH won't believe me but it's there grin

MiniH Wed 10-Jul-13 07:59:34

val yay!! That is amazing news. A line is a line - mine was super faint and she's asleep in the lounge now.

caip fantastic news on the job.

Xx

gingernutdreams Wed 10-Jul-13 17:58:08

Yey Vall, great news!

Caip well done you. What a star!

xx

Caip Thu 11-Jul-13 19:40:21

Any updates vall?

I've handed in my notice today!

vallinnapod Thu 11-Jul-13 20:15:50

Yay Caip such a liberating feeling. Do you have a long notice period?

Nothing really to add from me...line still there, still faint. DH reckons it's getting darker but I am not convinced. Spent last night googling 'chemical' pregnancy like the twat I am confused. Peeing on internet cheapies. Will splash out (quite literally) and pee on a CB digital on Saturday (OTD).

Hope everyone else is well smile

gingernutdreams Thu 11-Jul-13 20:34:37

Vall stop torturing yourself! Try to relax and wait now till official OTD. Easy to say, I know, but it will be worth it when you see that dark line. Hugs from me and the bean. xx

Yey Caip how fab! When do you start the new job?

Caip Thu 11-Jul-13 20:42:49

Only 1 month

I had a 'chemical pregnancy' last IVF but the line got visibly paler and was gone completely after 4 days. It's got to be a good sign if it's the same or getting darker. Fingers crossed

vallinnapod Fri 12-Jul-13 06:20:00

Treated myself to a CB digital today, 'pregnant, 1-2'. I don't know why I am more inclined to believe this than the (still very) faint line on the Internet cheapie. confused

Caip Fri 12-Jul-13 06:54:13

Brilliant vall!

There is a babby!! A little peanut babby! I've got a photo and everything - its little heart was going like the clappers smile The nurse said the womb looks 'fantastic; a really clean, strong shape' and baby is nestled in very snug and high up in the uterus. She said there is absolutely no bleeding around the sac and everything is clean, which leads her to believe it was never twins and that the whopping great beta levels were just, well...high smile

P.s..another scan in two weeks....another free one!

gingernutdreams Fri 12-Jul-13 17:46:54

Yey Vall! Fantastic!

And a Yey too for Juicy! How wonderful. Was this scan the 6 week one? I too had the 6 week and 8 week, it's great isn't it, especially to see the bean and it's heart beating and get a piccie! Fab news your womb is fantastic too, and there is no bleeding. I was not told whether my womb was good or not, but I presume so as beanie was still snuggled in there at 8 weeks. I still have a bit of spotting, which is a little disconcerting hmm but probably unsurprising as had the probe up again for the 8 week scan on Mon, so not panicking. I have also booked my first midwife appointment, on 24th July, so things are moving finally! She will get my 12 week scan booked at that appointment. I am nearly at the point where I can tell all my nearest and dearest! grin

Ginger, really? You haven't told your loved ones?

gingernutdreams Sat 13-Jul-13 15:50:53

No, not yet. My last ivf cycle was a chemical pregnancy and I had told everyone right from the off, and I found it very painful telling everyone the bad news when it happened. Therefore, in this cycle, DH and I decided not to tell anyone we were even having the cycle yet, and to save the outcome till I was 12 weeks gone (if it was a BFP, of course). This is what most couples do, who conceive naturally, so we figured that we would too. It will be much more of a happy event telling people our good news this time too! smile Does that make any sense....? hmm

Yes, Ginger, that is so very sensible. It's awful watching others' pain when we have bad news. Good for you, it will be such a thrill at twelve weeks! smile

Caip Sun 14-Jul-13 16:39:25

Great news juicy

How are you vall? Was it your official otd yesterday?

I've been worrying if I made the right decision about changing my job and doing IVF at the same time but I think I have. Typically AF arrived yday - day 22! - on a Saturday so I haven't been able to have my day 2 scan but managed to speak to a Dr earlier and she told me what dosage of drugs to take so have started drugs today and will have a scan first thing tomorrow to see if I can continue. My period seems very heavy so I'm hoping the cyst has gone (no idea if there's any logic in that!)

gingernutdreams Sun 14-Jul-13 19:20:12

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Caip, I hope it shows that they cyst has gone and you can continue. smile

vallinnapod Sun 14-Jul-13 19:51:55

Ginger I can understand that. I took the other route. I have told lots of people but only the people I would end up telling/explaining a potential miscarriage to. In my mind it makes it easier. I also helps to justify any irrational behaviour on my part, cancelling plans last minute etc.

Caip all the luck in the world for tomorrow.

OTD was yesterday and the test was still positive, then last night and today I have had brown spotting. I am trying to rationalise it with implantation bleeding but never had any with DS. I had both remembered and completely forgotten how awfully anxious this period is.

Pocket1 Mon 15-Jul-13 09:31:02

Hello, I'm sorry but am really out if the loop with where everyone is, but wanted to pop by and wish you all loads of luck for wherever you are in your cycles.
DSB
smile

Caip Mon 15-Jul-13 13:55:49

Thanks all. Cyst is still there but they've called to say I can carry on smile

Teds77 Mon 15-Jul-13 14:16:47

Pocket belated congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little girl. So glad that she is here and the next stage of the journey is just beginning grin.

DSB to all the other ladies on the thread xx.

I have two one year olds. Eek! I still pinch myself most days as I can't quite believe it!

vallinnapod Mon 15-Jul-13 15:00:33

Glad it doesn't interrupt anything Caip

Luckystarfour Mon 15-Jul-13 20:40:35

Great news Caip so pleased it's good news.

Vanil the positive tests are def, the thing to focus on - and brown is far better than red :-)

Juicy whens you official test date, soon hey?

Pocket after all this wait, you've gone and picked the hottest time of the year to have your little one - haha, hope she is amazing and you are all doing well xxx

Lucky my OTD was 2nd July when I got my whopping great beta result. I've had my six week scan since then and saw the heartbeat and a darling little monkey nut smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.