Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

vallinnapod Tue 18-Jun-13 12:58:41

Hi Caip - nice to see you back (not that it is ever nice to see anyone on the AC boards!)

Can I be nosey? I've just started my FET. I am interested that you have a long protocol (and I assume that means there is a short protocol!). I wasn't offered either long or short. Just a standard endometrium thickening process. What does yours entail?

So today I had my baseline scan which was fine so I start on 6mg progynova, 50mg oestorgen patches on alternate days and 1 baby aspirin. I'll be scanned next Tuesday when they will probably increase one or both doses.

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 18-Jun-13 15:08:32

Hi vall
I had the choice of medicated or natural but my cycle's not really predictable enough to do the natural way, where they just keep scanning and then transfer a few days after you naturally populate.
I have to down reg which I can do with 1 daily injection or 4 daily sniffs, then at some point start taking tablets too - sorry am very vague about it all at the mo! Looking at their dates, if af starts this week, I'm looking at ET w/c 12th aug

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 18-Jun-13 15:09:47

If only we could all naturally populate - would make this thread slightly redundant! Meant ovulate....

gingernutdreams Tue 18-Jun-13 18:41:31

Beginning am so chuffed for you! Massive congrats!! I hope you enjoy every single minute with the lovely little boy.

Juicy such fab news about the two perfect blasts on board! Enjoy being PUPO!

Vall glad the scan went well and good luck with the thickening of your lining and all the drugs. Fingers firmly crossed for you this time!

Capirinhas, lovely to hear from you and good luck with attempt number 3. I had a FET too and am BFP. My 6 week scan is next Mon. Sending lots of baby dust your way.

Hi to Pocket and all other lovely ladies!

DSB

vallinnapod Tue 18-Jun-13 19:39:05

LOL Caip I too have 'populating' issues. In that I don't. My clinic don't seem to down reg you though.

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 18-Jun-13 19:48:40

Fab news ginger! How many did they put back in? We're going for 2 this time - their recommendation

vall when do you reckon ET will be?

Which clinics are you both at? We're oxford fertility unit

vallinnapod Tue 18-Jun-13 21:35:46

Potentially two weeks today. I am at The Bridge Centre.

We had two frosties. Did one cycle back in Feb, chose SET and it failed. So only one left. PArt of me wishes we had done both but the other half couldn't contemplate DS (1.10) and twins!

Hoophopes Tue 18-Jun-13 22:28:11

beginnings huge congrats on birth of your son. Very right to be totally biased about how gorgeous he is!! Xxx

Luckystarfour Tue 18-Jun-13 23:22:22

beginning lovely to hear your great news. Hope you enjoy every minute with your beautiful baby boy.

jewcy bloody brilliant! Sounds like an amazing start! When do you fly back? What do they say about flying post transfer?

pocket can't believe only two weeks! How did you get on with MN getting a copy of your thread? I hope you have it now Hun!

Waves to everyone else!

JuicySausage Wed 19-Jun-13 14:57:06

Lucky, we had nine hours of horrendously hot and stickt travelling only hours after ET yesterday but DH carried everything and our embryologist said travel is no problem; it is only important to lie flat for the 30 mins after ET. However, I am upset and worried that I had a massive stuck poo yesterday, only eight hours post-transfer, which I had to strain terribly to push out (sorry for TMI). I am terrified I have pushed the embryos out sad

Hello Caip and wow! Seven blastos? I've never heard of such success, you must be very confident that one of them is the one, no? My personal opinion when ladies become pregnant after a failed cycle using their frostie is that the embryologist simply chose an unviable embryo the first time (or is this obvious?) I hear lots about women having unsuccessful cycles but then success with their FET and I don't necessarily think that it's because FETs are stronger than fresh. I think it is just that, the second time around means it is more likely to be 'the one' as a process of elimination.

Vall, can you tell us how many eggs were retrieved/fertilised/became embryos and what grades you were left with last time you cycled fresh?

Waves to everyone and....*Don't stop believing!* smile

JuicySausage Wed 19-Jun-13 14:58:35

sticky!

vallinnapod Wed 19-Jun-13 15:39:22

I got 18 eggs, 13 fertilised. Two went back on day 3 and 2 were frozen as blasts. I have absolutely no idea on grades, I didn't think to ask back then. Which is good and bad - no pressure on the one frostie left. In my eyes s/he is as good as the other 3. One of which is DS, one of which I m/c (was initially PG with twins) and then the one that failed to implant on the last FET.

JuicySausage Wed 19-Jun-13 17:54:06

Ah, Vall, glad you could disprove my ill-informed theory smile

gingernutdreams Wed 19-Jun-13 18:20:00

Cap I had one put back in, and am with CARE Manchester. Currently am nervously awaiting my 6 week scan on Mon. Still feel preggers, so fingers crossed....

Juicy sweetie, please try not to worry too much, I am sure you have not pushed your embies out.. think how much effort they have to go to to put them in! My handout of notes and advice said that going to the toilet would not make them fall out. I know there was excess straining but I'm sure they will still be floating around in there. Keep the faith my dear.

DSB

JuicySausage Wed 19-Jun-13 21:45:51

Thank you, Ginger blush

Luckystarfour Thu 20-Jun-13 12:12:45

Juicy take a spoonful of lactulose per day. It helps keep things 'soft' so no straining! You won't age pushed anything out - lol!

Xx

MiniH Fri 21-Jun-13 08:46:24

Morning all

Baby Sloane arrived safely on Tuesday weighing 7.25 lbs. We are completely and utterly smitten. She is just perfect.

Sorry not to name check, but good luck to those waiting for their bundles, and massive fx to those currently cycling.

I know everyone says it, but it really is worth every bit of this awful journey to finally hold your little one.

Don't ever stop believing as sometimes you really can make a wish and have it come true. Xx

JuicySausage Fri 21-Jun-13 09:26:10

Oh, Mini, what smashing news! Well done and huge congratulations! thanks

Lucky, thanks, I will deffo be taking your advice after another strainathon last night.

Pocket1 Fri 21-Jun-13 12:52:51

Wow Mini wonderful wonderful news. I am so very pleased and sure she is just gorgeous. Rest up and enjoy. I'm due in two weeks smile

Juicy try Lepicol - I swear by it and have used it all through my pregnancy and been absolutely fine in that regard, no mean feat when that's a time when your super prone to a bit of constipation!! shock

Lovely ladies really don't stop believing smile

vallinnapod Fri 21-Jun-13 13:13:51

Congrats Mini!!!! Enjoy every minute of those newborn snuggles. In a flash they are nearly two and prefer their fire engine to you (that could just be DS wink)

twinklestar2 Fri 21-Jun-13 14:48:54

Congrats mini! You've lifted my spirits with your message smile

gingernutdreams Fri 21-Jun-13 17:52:04

Aww, Huge Congratulations to Mini!! Am so pleased for you. I'm sure she is gorgeous! Get plenty of rest, take care and enjoy every minute with your little one. smile xxx

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 21-Jun-13 18:21:56

Congratulations! Lovely news

Hoophopes Fri 21-Jun-13 19:05:56

Congrats Mini on your daughter x

Teds77 Fri 21-Jun-13 22:23:40

Congratulations to Mini and beginnings! It is definitely worth the wait when you get those newborn snuggles grin

Pocket I shall be lurking for your news xx.

So nice to have a baby rush on the thread!

Sunnyg hope you are doing okay - do PM if you have any twin queries. I'm still making things up as I go along but I can at least tell you what we did.

As for me I have two 11 month olds. The last year is largely a blur and I usually turn into a pumpkin if I'm up after 10... I'm run ragged by my two. They are gorgeous but they are EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING!

DSB to everyone else and apols for not namechecking xxx.

This thread is not accepting new messages.