Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

chocoloco1 Fri 08-Mar-13 07:34:27

I'm sorry for barging in too - I was briefly on here back in December, but deserted after my BFN.

expat my DH had surgical sperm retrieval (PESA) back in August after a VR back in 2010 on a 21 year old vasectomy. No success story in terms of pregnancy yet(on 2ww of 2nd cycle), but they managed to get 12 vials of motile sperm after quite a few aspirations. His was under local anaesthetic and although was sore at the time, he didn't suffer much discomfort after. We were pleased with the outcome as was 0% motility before, which obviously gave us no chance!

If you have any other questions about it, ask away!

sunnyg Fri 08-Mar-13 17:01:51

Hi expat* and welcome. And welcome back to chocoloco. I'm sorry but I don't have any knowledge really on surgical sperm retrieval but I am sure the other ladies here might be able to help.

I've had some good news today. Had another scan (yes 3rd in a week! can't complain that I'm not being looked after) and it was brilliant. Both babies are fine and measuring spot on. The sonographer was brilliant and said actually it's better that they can't find an exact thing for the bleed because if it was a cycst or something like that it would most likely mean more bleeding was imminent. I know we've still got a long way to go, but I think things are looking a little on the up. So onwards and upwards I say.

Thanks to all for your kind words and support this week. It's been a tough one but feeling loads better. My boss has been amazing and I'm going back to work next week but just doing part-time or whatever I can manage. It means quite a cut in salary, but would rather be safe than sorry and the bed rest seems to have helped this week.

Mini thanks for the tip of FF but I think you had already found me! Everyone on FF has been really helpful, including yourself about the hospital options. So thanks!

ginger any news on your immunes?

Big hugs to all and happy Friday eh! oxo

DSB

gingernutdreams Fri 08-Mar-13 18:54:25

Sunny so pleased to hear you and the peanuts are doing well, and also that your boss is being so understanding, it must be a weight off your mind.

I don't have the results of the immunes and a subsequent review appointment until 8th April, which feels like ages away! sad but I shall continue to try and keep myself distracted till then.

Happy weekend to all, and hello to our new members chocoloco and expat

DSB

ExpatWifey Mon 11-Mar-13 12:38:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ExpatWifey Mon 11-Mar-13 12:43:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gingernutdreams Mon 11-Mar-13 21:08:45

Thanks Expat. We spend a lot of time waiting on the AC journey, don't we! Hopefully it will be worth the wait in the end. Good luck and all the best for your DH's surgery. I hope all goes well and you get the results you want. Oh, and yes, 2ww is the 2 week wait (which sometimes feels a lot longer.. wink)

DSB

Frosticle Tue 19-Mar-13 14:03:36

sunny - what a horrible time you've had recently! I am SOO pleased for you that your little ones are nice and snug and coming along nicely. It's always so reassuring to see on the scan. Onwards and upwards indeed! smile

Vallinna - You've had a ghastly time too. I am so, so sorry about your BFN - how bitterly disappointing - and to have a bug to contend with as well adds insult to injury. I really hope you took the advice - and the OTC meds - and are feeling better.

ginger - you are so right. The waiting with this AC game is such a trial. We do a lot of it but we also know the dates do eventually roll round and the "prize" at the end will be so worth it.

expat - I hope all went well with your DH's surgery on Friday.

AFM, I am sorry to have some sad news. Following the 20 week scan, it was discovered that our baby had serious heart defects which could not be fixed and which meant that ultimately she would not survive. Everything else about her was perfect and up until that point the pregnancy seemed to be going so well. We took the very painful and heartbreaking decision to terminate the pregnancy - the very last thing we wanted to do - before our beautiful baby girl's situation deteriorated. I went through labour the weekend before last and our special little Mother's Day gift arrived very early on Mother's Day. We were able to spend the day with her, holding and cuddling her, which was really lovely -and extremely sad. The hardest part was leaving her behind. She has had a postmortem to see if a cause for the heart defects can be found but we won't know the results for 6-8 weeks (more waiting ...). The hospital, my DP and our friends have all been amazingly supportive which really helps and fortunately, my DD is dealing with the loss of her much wanted sibling very well.

It's still early days but I think we'll try again however we need to wait a few months to give my body time to recover.

Best wishes and hugs to you all!

F
x

highlove Tue 19-Mar-13 18:25:18

Oh Frosticle I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl. I have no words I'm afraid - what a truly heartbreaking thing. I will be thinking of you, your DP and DD. You sound very strong; do make sure you are very kind to yourself and give yourself lots of time. Take care of yourself x

vallinnapod Tue 19-Mar-13 20:47:01

Frosticle I am heartbroken for you. My thoughts are with you and your family xxx

Pocket1 Tue 19-Mar-13 21:02:29

Dear Frosticle. I'm so to hear about the loss of your beautiful little girl. I just cant believe it and can't imagine what you've been through. I'm pleased you had some time together and hope that brings done comfort. Sending you the hugest of hugs. x

Beginningofthejourney Tue 19-Mar-13 21:37:07

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you too frosticle sorry for the out come but sounds like the hospital hopefully helped a tiny bit by giving you some time together. Take care of yourself x

MewAngel Wed 20-Mar-13 16:50:38

Hello beautiful Mums and Mum-to-be. Just want to introduce myself briefly. My username comes from one of my favourite bands and my new tattoo.
I hope I'm in right place - I have experience help from ACU and at the moment I'm pregnant for 3rd time (2 previous early miscarriage). This pregnancy is an result of frozen embryo transfer and... I really have concerns and I'm on the edge of breakdown... First scan booked for 4th April.
I really need support and as I decided not to tell people around about my situation I hope I will be able to share with You.
Please forgive me and grammar mistakes or basic vocabulary - English is my second language and I'm still learning.

gingernutdreams Wed 20-Mar-13 18:26:44

Frosticle I am so so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending love and huge hugs. Take good care of yourself and take all the time you need. I also hope you find some answers as to the cause of the heart defects. xx

Welcome MewAngel. We are all here for you to share, whether it be worries, heartbreak or joy. Congratulations with regards to your pregnancy. If you don't mind me asking, what are your concerns? It is perfectly natural to feel anxious, especially after having to go through assisted conception, and after 2 previous early miscarriages, but is there another reason you may feel worried? Try to stay positive if possible, and take each day, and each scan as it comes. smile

DSB

MewAngel Wed 20-Mar-13 20:27:49

Dear gingernutdreams
Just yesterday I noticed kind of brownish discharge... also I had strong headache which often, in the past, 'introduced' period, also feeling of being heavy on the bottom of my belly...
Important is also that previously I kind of knew just before that something is going wrong. I guess I feel it again. I'm stuck, i feel like I run out of possibilities. No more embryos left, no answers on questions like why we can't get pregnant, why if get pregnant I loos them in 6-7th week.
Till this time there was always plan B, next embryo. Now I'm desperate to get answers as so farall our results are just perfect.
I'm freaking out now and find it difficult to stay positive.
Thank you letting me share this with you.

MewAngel Wed 20-Mar-13 20:35:01

Frosticle heartbreaking life story... It is great that you could spend that time with her. My thoghts are with you... I hope future will give you healthy baby. Take care and be strong

Frosticle Wed 20-Mar-13 23:04:33

Thank you so much, lovely ladies, for your concern and kind words.

MewAngel - poor you having to go through this. Have you informed the clinic and to ask their advice or maybe your doctor or hospital A&E? I had bleeding at 10 weeks with my DD and I went to the hospital A&E. They were very good at checking it out and also sent me for an early scan. Might be worth a try?

MiniH Thu 21-Mar-13 18:11:37

Frosticle I am so very sad to hear about your beautiful little girl. Sending you and your family my sincerest condolences. We are all here for when you want to try again but you will need that physical and emotional time to heal. Big hugs xx

MewAngel welcome and I'm Sorry to hear about your previous losses. I would agree that a visit to the EPU and/or a and e makes sense. Hormones fluctuate a lot during pregnancy and headaches are very common and brown discharge is old blood but given your history you really should get it checked. It will help put your mind at ease as well which is so important. Let us know if you go and what they say.

Xx

sunnyg Thu 21-Mar-13 18:22:23

Frosticle I have just seen your post and I am so so sorry. There are no words to properly express the heartbreak you and your family have and must be going through. Thinking of you.

oxo

BadgerFace Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:27

Frosticle So sorry to hear your news. Just wanted to add my condolences.

MewAngel I second going to A&E to get checked out. Welcome to the thread. The ladies on here are a wonderful source of support and shared experience. Best of luck with the next step in your journey.

Hoophopes Fri 22-Mar-13 15:20:04

Frosticle I am so sorry about your news, thank you for sharing at such a sad time. I hope that day helped you, you can the time you need to recover before you can re-start your journey.

gingernutdreams Sat 23-Mar-13 20:13:07

MewAngel I can completely relate to your fears. I had a miscarriage last Sep, which I found out on our 6 week scan so I fully expect to feel those concerns and anxieties if I ever get another BFP. I also know what it is like to instinctively feel that it is all over. I hope your instincts are proved wrong in this instance though. I agree with the other ladies' advice to contact your clinic or A&E to get it checked out. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all is well for you. You say that so far you have not been given any answers as to why you are struggling to get pregnant or to maintain the pregnancy, this is also true for me.. mine is unexplained as yet. I have recently done some immune tests with my clinic, which was not cheap, but I am hoping will provide us with some answers and hopefully some solutions. I have 2 frozen embryos, so want to do everything I can to make it happen for us this time. I hope you too can get some answers and happy news. We are all here for you.

LissySilver Sat 23-Mar-13 22:19:27

Dear Frosticle, I'm heartbroken for you. Please take the time you need to grieve, and surround yourself with people who support you...

mui67 Sun 24-Mar-13 15:12:41

Hello ladies,
Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing.
i would like to say congrat to ladies with bfP and expecting soon.
Frosticle - I saw your post. So sorry for your loss.
Pocket - many thanks for the support via PM

AFM - I've just had a bfn (1st cycle of fresh DE IVF). Got 2 frosties in freezer. Before ET, I had a hysto to remove polyp & scar. I was on baby aspirin, clexane, prednisolone, intralipids, thyroxine & acupuncture for immune, clotting & thyroid problems. I have stopped HRT & progesterone & weaning prednisolone off. I don't know how long before AF shows itself. Does anyone know after a bfn?

Pocket1 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:17:38

Welcome Mui. Glad you found us. This thread was a lifeline for me during treatment. And the lovely ladies were the hugest support. It is invaluable being able to share stories and get support from those in a similar situation. I wish you all the best for your bet cycle. smile

How is everyone doing? It's quiet in here

Frosticle you're in my thoughts often. Sending you a hug x

Pocket1 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:18:42

Sorry fat fingers on mobile. I meant 'next' cycle blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.