Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

Pocket1 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:50:46

Vallinna sorry but i dont know how early you can test - i always had blood tests and just went on the day the clinic booked me in. Are you POAS or blood test? I have everything crossed for you smile

Ginger, your weekend sounds lovely - oooohhhhh champagne... yum.

DSB
[grin}

vallinnapod Mon 25-Feb-13 21:10:05

Thanks Pocket. At my clinic you POAS and then if it's positive you have blood tests to check it's not ectopic.

BadgerFace Tue 26-Feb-13 15:36:43

Vallinna If you had a trigger shot like Ovitrelle or similar then you shouldn't test much more than the day before the official test day as the hormones in the shot can give a false positives sometimes if you test too early.

Good luck!!

vallinnapod Tue 26-Feb-13 15:57:41

Thanks Badger - FET so no trigger. Clinic did confirm I should test on 4th March shock - which would work out as 12 days post transfer (16dp"EC")

Pocket1 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:06:17

Vallinna I always tested 14 days after ec.... I might be tempted to test two days earlier than you've been told... But please do what you feel best and feel free to ignore me! smile

wellerbabe Fri 01-Mar-13 11:35:27

Vall I was told to test on day 12 post 2 day transfer but I did it on day 9 and got a positive which was a real one. That was 14 days after the trigger shot.

vallinnapod Fri 01-Mar-13 22:50:41

Tests still showing a BFN. Aware it's not over yet but it's looking pretty crap.

Pocket1 Sat 02-Mar-13 07:52:13

Vallinna I was just coming on to wish you lots of luck for your test. But I see you've done one already. Don't give up hope, test again on 4th x

gingernutdreams Sat 02-Mar-13 21:11:58

Fingers crossed for you Vallina that the 4th brings you that BFP. x

BadgerFace Sun 03-Mar-13 19:57:17

Fingers crossed for tomorrow for Vallina here too...

vallinnapod Mon 04-Mar-13 07:58:34

BFN.

The positive about being an idiot and testing so early has been at least I have been getting my head around the possibility for a while. Still, swinging between philosophical and devastated. The hardest part I think is that the embryo was and defrosted so perfectly.

Still, I have DS. Oh and a horrendous virus which I am now looking forward to all the over the counter drugs I can consume to treat!

Pocket1 Mon 04-Mar-13 08:42:17

Vallinna, so sorry about your bfn hmm. Life just isn't fair sometimes. As well as the OTC meds, have a glass of wine too thanks

Pocket1 Mon 04-Mar-13 08:42:49

Obviously not at the same time blush

vallinnapod Mon 04-Mar-13 16:03:26

Really pocket?! Sort of hoping that would help me sleep though DS waking wink

MiniH Tue 05-Mar-13 01:06:02

valinna so sorry about the bfn. I know you have been expecting it but it still sucks and will hurt. I definitely found OTC meds, wine, gooey cheese and rare steak helped last time for me. We are here when you are ready to think about next steps. Big hugs xx

sunnyg Tue 05-Mar-13 19:06:01

Valinna so sorry to hear about your bfn. Even though you didn't have great hopes we were all hoping for the best. Let us know when you need to vent, or talk and we'll be here. Big hugs and big glass of wine oxo

sunnyg Tue 05-Mar-13 19:06:46

I'm sorry I've been a bit absent but I've had a bit of a horrid week. Got a terrible gastro/virus thing last Tuesday and ended up in hospital on a drip. Luckily a scan showed the peanuts as being fine. Then on Saturday night had a massive bleed and thought it was really game over. Back up to hospital and amazingly the peanuts were still okay. I know alot of women bleed in pregnancy but seeing I hadn't even had any spotting and it was alot of blood (gushing - sorry if tmi) I was in real shock. Had another scan today and was so nervous, but again today there they were. I know I'm not quite out of the woods yet, but feel so relieved. Have been put on bed rest for a week and another scan set for Friday. They don't know what the bleed was, no sign of anything on the scan, but the docs don't seem to be too worried. So trying to just trust in them and do exactly as they say. And funnily enough I have this strange feeling that I have a couple of tough little peanuts in here. Bring on that 12 week scan I say. (9 weeks this Thursday).

big hugs to all oxox

Hoophopes Tue 05-Mar-13 19:25:28

So sorry to hear ofyour bfn Valinna

Sunny gosh, what a time. Sorry to hear of it, but good to hear the hospital are taking you seriously, scanning you etc and giving you lots of good advice! When I bled they basically told me no scans, nothing they can do anyway (am thankful for ability to have private reassurance scans thesedays!!) - your gut instinct sounds strong! Wow, 9 weeks already smile, that is exciting!

vallinnapod Tue 05-Mar-13 19:26:12

Thanks guys - going to go for the next frosties in June I think.

Sunny - bleeds are scary as. I had two with DS. Proper bright red, game over ones - only obviously they weren't. No explanation what so ever. Although you do learn it is really much more common than you think. I have everything crossed for you all. Every week further on you get the better your chances of going the whole 9 months. You are doing great xxx

gingernutdreams Tue 05-Mar-13 21:40:34

Vallinna so sorry about your BFN. Hugs to you sweetie.

Sunny also really sorry to hear of the scary time you have been having, but glad you are being well looked after and monitored, and it really does sound like your little peanuts are toughies. Take care and hugs to you too. xx

BadgerFace Wed 06-Mar-13 10:38:48

Vallinna sorry to hear it was a BFN. I hope you're looking after youself and taking things easy.

Sunny how scary for you but good to hear that you're being well monitored. 9 weeks! DD is 9 weeks on Saturday so your bean counts and her birth are nearly entirely in sync. A sign I am sure!! grin

Waves to everyone else.

MiniH Wed 06-Mar-13 15:32:41

sunny just sending you a quick hug. Sounds like an awful week but so so glad you are all ok. There are quite a few twin mamas on the Argc threads on fertility friends and they all seem to say bleeds are common with twins so have a look there if you would like some more reassurance.

Xx

Pocket1 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:07:02

Sunny you poor love. You have been through the mill haven't you, but your little ones do seem to be strong - wow 9 weeks! I had a couple of bleeds early on so I know just how scary it is. But it seems like you're being well monitored. Take care and look after yourself. And roll on 12 weeks. smile

Vallinna hope you're doing okay. Its a good focus to have our next cycle lined up and June gives you enough time to let your hair down and relax a bit too. wine

Wow Badger 9 weeks. Hope you're both doing okay. thanks

I'm 22.5 weeks now. I def have a bump and feel kicks all day long. I still fret about things being okay, I think this AC journey does that to you ...

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone is doing okay. grin

DSB
smilesmile

MiniH Thu 07-Mar-13 15:02:58

sunny just realised (I think) what your name is on fertility friends so ignore my earlier post as looks like you've already asked. Xx

ExpatWifey Fri 08-Mar-13 07:25:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

This thread is not accepting new messages.