Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

sunnyg Mon 11-Feb-13 17:45:12

Vallinnapod sorry to hear about your lining. You must be so frustrated. I really hope it comes back up so you can go ahead with ET.

Highlove I also had a scratchy thing done at my last clinic. I think it was called a pipelle saline infused sonogram. Anyways you don't need to think about it now as this cycle is going to work anyway.

Thank you so much ladies for all of your good wishes. I had them there with me at the scan, which I was so nervous about I almost threw up on the tube on the way in.

It all went well. Amazingly we saw 2 sacs and 2 heart beats! OMG! Stunned. Obviously still very early days, and still cautious (I think us fertility ladies are always going to be) but of course so happy and grateful. I am hoping and praying these two little peas stay around. Thank you so much for all of your support, it means the world.

highlove Mon 11-Feb-13 17:48:45

Yay Sunny hooray for your two little beauties and their heartbeats. Amazing. Well done you clever old thing. Great news x

Teds77 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:49:35

Hee Hee grin I've been lurking because I had a sneaking suspicion there might be two in there sunnyg!

Vallinn boo for your lining, hope you get better news at the next scan.

Pocket1 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:52:53

Omg sunny I am soooooooo happy for you. I got goosebumps all over when I read your post - two mini sunnies. MARVELOUS!gringrin

Pocket1 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:53:29

Vanilla so sorry about your scan. Fx for Thursday x

vallinnapod Mon 11-Feb-13 19:28:50

Wowowowowow Sunny - I am so glad you stole my luck today wink That is fabulous news grin

vallinnapod Mon 11-Feb-13 19:29:17

PS thanks for the sympathies guys smile

gingernutdreams Mon 11-Feb-13 21:11:47

Wow Sunny! That is fab news! Really really pleased for you! grin

Vallina so sorry to hear about your lining probs. I really hope the progynova and baby aspirin do the trick and your lining grows nice and thick now, and you can carry on and have a successful cycle.

Hello Highlove. It's good to have a back up plan but I really do hope that this cycle coming up is the one for you. smile

I am ok.. struggling to come to terms with having to spend £1600 next week for our level 2 Chicago Blood tests as our savings really are dwindling. sad BUT it could well be worthwhile and do the trick, and I could then join the ladies on this thread with the expanding bumps (hello to you all, by the way!) I'll keep you all posted when I get the results back.

highlove Tue 12-Feb-13 08:16:10

Vanilla so sorry about your lining - how incredibly frustrating for you. Have everything crossed the next scan offers better news.

Ginger it's so difficult knowing which are the right choices, isn't it? Can I ask - how many cycles have you had now? Hope you are doing ok.

Sunny I forgot to ask - when is the next scan?

Sitting waiting for AF here - keeps making a pretence of coming then just spotting. (Not that unusual for me before anyone thinks I've had a miracle!) Annoying - just want it to come so I can call the clinic and agree a date to start down-regging in about three weeks. Honestly, when you don't want to see it it turns up bang on and when you do, it fannies about. Stupid body.

MiniH Tue 12-Feb-13 09:08:50

sunny that is the best news. So thrilled for you.

valinna so sorry about your link and how incredibly frustrating. Hopefully they can figure out what is happening and fix it quick.

Little update from me is that we had our 20 week scan last week and we are team pink! So thought this was a boy but apparently we were both wrong! Feels a little more real now somehow.

BadgerFace Tue 12-Feb-13 16:15:45

Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Sunny, that is so exciting!! TWO!!!! I'm so pleased for you.

Vanilla I hope that your naughty lining catches up.

Mini How exciting to have had your 20 week scan and welcome to team pink - girls rock! I know that 20 weeks was when I felt I could relax a little more so I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy.

I'm still lurking and cheering you ladies on.

DSB Keep up the positivity.

P.s. I've added a photo of Mini-badger to my profile if anyone fancies a look - although at 5 weeks she is much bigger now!

vallinnapod Tue 12-Feb-13 17:13:22

Awh Badger gorgeous smile

BadgerFace Tue 12-Feb-13 17:17:59

Thanks Vanilla!

highlove Tue 12-Feb-13 17:36:57

Oh Badger what a little beauty she is. Can I have a virtual cuddle with her please?!

BadgerFace Tue 12-Feb-13 17:40:51

Of course Highlove, she is happy to have virtual cuddles with all!!

sunnyg Tue 12-Feb-13 18:36:15

Thank you so much for your kind wishes ladies. Next scan is next Monday. So a whole week off from the clinic. Feels very strange not to be going in, when have been in pretty much every day/every 2nd day for almost 7 weeks now. Still trusting in them they must be quite happy with things not to have me in for a week. Will be very nervous I think again on Monday, but I'm sure that comes with the territory a bit.

Teds how did you have your suspicious about 2! I had no idea (except for having 2 put back of course) I was just hoping and praying for 1 sac.

ginger I know the costs of all of these tests can be overwhelming, and often just plain unaffordable, but in some ways if there is anyway you can scrape together the cash to go for it, I'd say do. Then you can go forward to the next cycle knowing that everything has been covered. Even if they find nothing, (which is good) then you'll know you've left no stone unturned. But of course easier said than done. I took so long to research ARGC and thought about it very carefully so I understand your dilemma. Let us know how you get on.

highlove I hope AF turns up soon. So typical, just when you want it to show, it does a classic disappearing act.

Mini wonderful news! Go team Pink!

Badger great to hear from you and mini badger is just gorgeous.

Pocket1 Tue 12-Feb-13 19:48:38

Just a really quick one from me....

Sunny i'm still smiling about your wonderful news grin

Mini go team pink - ive got my 20 week scan on Friday...we're going to find out too so i'll report back...

Badger OMG what a gorgeous gorgeous little girl. It must be like you're dreaming whenever you look at her or pick her up for a cuddle. BTW i'm loving the virtual cuddles - in return, i'm happy to do a virtual nappy change!

sorry for not checking in with everyone.

will catch up properly when i can

gingernutdreams Tue 12-Feb-13 21:00:17

Badger your little one is absolutely beautiful!

Highlove I hope your AF turns up properly so you can get going again. Our bodies are so annoying sometimes (most of the time for me! grin)

Yey for team pink Mini! That is lovely news.

Looking forward to hearing your news following your 20 week scan on Fri too Pocket

Sunny enjoy your week away from the clinic, and try to relax if you can. All the best for your next scan, but I'm sure all will be fine. I also wanted to say that you and the other ladies inspire me to keep on going. The Level 2 tests (Chicago tests) are booked for next Tues so we are going ahead with them, just feeling the pressure of it all, especially when money is such an issue at the mo. Luckily my DM is very good and keeps offering to help, so I know we are not alone in trying to find the money, I just feel a bit like I am constantly asking my parents for financial help. Hey ho, I'm sure they don't mind and would be thrilled if it all leads to a BFP for us. Highlove I have had 3 cycles so far. 2 NHS ones (BFN) and one private which was the chemical pregnancy.

Vall I hope you are hanging in there and your lining is thickening up nicely.

Hello to all you other lovely ladies I have not name checked.

Hoophopes Wed 13-Feb-13 12:22:25

Sunny great news about 2 little beans - hope next scan goes well!

Mini wow, can't believe you are already at stage of knowing you are team pink, congratulations!!

Ginger hope L2 tests help. For me it was psychological, I just had to know if there was anything else we could do. Great you have the support of parents, they will indeed be thrilled to have a grandchild and obviously want to help which is good news.

Am struggling a bit knowing that I may be able to fertilise an egg naturally but no implant or maintain pregnancy. Been to Gp to see if he will prescribe utrogestran and prednisilone. He is going to email a consultant at NHS hospitla I have never seen and that worries me. If they say no that is it!! Don't know if I could cope going through hours of travelling and waiting till am off work to see if anyone could prescribe privately. Doing all the tests again, on a "just if". But nor can I cope going through the miscarriage I had in Jan time after time. Bit in limbo.

gingernutdreams Wed 13-Feb-13 18:44:54

Oh Hoops, I really do feel for you. It must feel a bit like you are going back to the beginning with it all. I hope the NHS consultant can help and agrees to prescribe the medication you know you need so you can have a good shot at another natural conception. It it truly is a horrible thing to go through and get over. I still feel very fearful that it will happen to me again. Try to stay positive though, if you can. At least your GP didn't flat out say no, there is no way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

Solars Thu 14-Feb-13 15:14:58

Hi I hope you don't mind me joining in with you all. I've lurked on this thread a little especially towards the end of last year when we were going through our first ivf cycle. You've all been on some incredible journeys and it's great to read all your stories/struggles/triumphs.

We're about to embark on another cycle with a new clinic, ARGC and hoping some of you may be with them too and guide me through their process as it all seems a little daunting from what I've read on other forums. Our initial consultation is on 7th March. We've been trying to conceive for over 3 years now which has been quite hard going for both DH & I. We're still diagnosed as 'unexplained' even though I have had an endometrioma removed towards the end of last year and there may be issues with DH's sperm. Anyway looking forward to getting to know you all, although I do recognise one familiar name Highlove <waves> hope AF has arrived.

MiniH Thu 14-Feb-13 17:57:43

pocket excited about your scan tomorrow. Hope mini pocket waves.

sunny enjoy your week of freedom

hoop I really hope the consultant comes through. It is a relatively small request but I know how difficult it can be with someone you don't know.

solars welcome! I'm an Argc student (don't get to be a grad I guess till little one arrives) but am 21 weeks now so drop me a pm if you have any questions.

vallinnapod Thu 14-Feb-13 20:23:30

Can't wait to hear about tomorrow Pocket

Welcome Solars and hiya all.

Lining is 6.4mm but we are a go for ET on Wednesday. The sonographer rated my lining A/B with it not making A only because it was less than 8mm. They decided my body clearly doesn't do thicker lining (it was only 7.5 with my successful IVF and that was after stemming for 3 weeks...!)

So, fingers crossed...

LissySilver Thu 14-Feb-13 20:56:29

Solars, I'm an ARGC grad, so feel free to ask any questions that spring to mind.

Sunny, so absolutely over the moon for you! I confess to checking regularly Monday for your post...

Hoops, honey, I'm so sorry about your chemical. There must be something they can do for you! I might have a little bit of cyclogest from my cycle, it's yours if you want it...

Hi to everyone else. As ever, I'm lurking and rooting you all on. Oh, and tomorrow my darling girl turns one! Flew by in the blink of an eye!!

highlove Thu 14-Feb-13 21:30:16

Just a quick one: pocket hope tomorrow is wonderful and you enjoy every moment seeing your little one wriggling about. Looking forward to hearing which team you are.

Hiya Solars sorry to see you here, in the nicest way possible smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.