TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

HayleBoppingAroundTheXmasTree Fri 07-Dec-12 10:50:25

Good morning ladies!

I'm currently TTC number 2. Dd will be 4 in February. Had a mc in june and been trying ever since.

Bfp due 15th (although came on 4 days early last cycle :-/ weird)
Will be a well earned Xmas pressie :-)

When is everyone testing?

lifeislikeaboxofchoccies Fri 07-Dec-12 12:29:58

Thanks for your story Padster, sounds like you've had a rough time. Really pleased you have overcome your cancer though, and sounds as if there is definitely a good chance for you to become pregnant again. I am sure it won't matter to your son about the age gap. I know of a woman who has a 20 year old and a 1 year old. She gets lots of free babysitting! ;-) Best of luck to you.

Padster, sounds like she's on her way! Hope you will be lucky to conceive quickly again. :-)

Welcome Hayle! Sorry to hear about your mc. :-( Will keep my fingers crossed for you this cycle! When are you testing?

I am now testing on the 12th, day 28 of cycle 13dpo. Got my dates mixed up, can test earlier than I thought! Still, have absolutely no hope this cycle as already feel like the witch is on her way and no preg symptoms whatsoever. Think I am going to try and take the relaxed approach next cycle. I.e. no OPK (been using clearblue smilies) and no timed sex. Just as often as we can (or feel like it...sigh).

Think I'm going to write to Father Christmas this eve, in case he doesn't know what I want for Christmas.... grin

pegster Fri 07-Dec-12 12:37:28

Great to see some new ladies since I last checked in. I'm having a w-e away in Munich so not much time for MN-ing but will be reading properly when I get home Monday. Fingers crossed for those already on the 2ww

padster75 Fri 07-Dec-12 13:32:36

Thanks for your kind words ladies, shall we just say the journey thus far has been character building wink Luckily DH is a varssst (anothe Craig R-H impression there) on the first and I cannot wait to give him a much longed for baby.

pegster have a lovely time away in Munich this weekend. Christmas markets by any chance?

Life I am sure Father Christmas is ordering a super ripe egg and a jet propelled sperm for the big day

lifeislikeaboxofchoccies Sun 09-Dec-12 10:36:47

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Pegster - Let us know how Munich was, sounds fab!

Padster - Your description of a jet propelled sperm made me laugh, can just picture it!

Sweetju and Linda - AF arrived yet?

We put our tree up yesterday, so in theory should be feeling all Christmassy now and stuff. But have been having the familiar rumblings in uterus for the past two days indicating AF is on her way, so I am feeling low. Had really hoped this was the month. Now I just have to wait for her to show up so we can start again. Oh well, onwards and upwards eh?

Have a great rest of the weekend all. xx

Hi life, af been and gone now so very excited to have started ttc now, hopefully won't have to wait as long as the last time. Hope things are ok with you and hope you had a good weekend grin

HayleBoppingAroundTheXmasTree Sun 09-Dec-12 15:53:39

life it isn't over until the witch rears her ugly head!

Linda enjoy shag week(s) wink

I reckon I'm roughly 10dpo today but refusing to test until after is due. determined to hold out!

how

How is everyone this Sunday?

sweetju Sun 09-Dec-12 16:32:15

Hey hey!
Welcome hayle! really hope it's your month and anyone else who has not had af yet! & if u have then January will be our month! ;-)
well i think I've got my period lol tmi but i appear to have started but tiny bit! Sos for tmi but had to explain lol. It better be here been having period pains for nearly a week!!

Linda- v exciting! really hope i joining u in few days!

hey life you never know.. I had loads of period pains in v early preg.. So much so i kept on going to the toilet thinking i must have come on! i also had lots of discharge which again make me think i was coming on!

Hayle good on u for waiting til af is due i was terrible with my first testing all the time lol. The one test that finally showed up was a cheapy from home bargains lol.

Good luck for anyone else on 2ww!
If Im def coming on then I'll be fertile over Xmas day lol nice!
ju x

Hayle I sure will enjoy, bled for ages with that stupid coil so I'll defo be making the most of the sexy time, lol . Today was a big day for us, had a huge fall out with my dad and stepmum 5 years ago and they just met my kids and oh for the first time, it went amazingly well, so relieved, and slightly drunk now too, lol

lifeislikeaboxofchoccies Sun 09-Dec-12 18:40:55

Sweetju - I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I was convinced that AF was on her way and kept checking like you - but then I did have more discharge, hardly have any now so don't think that is a good sign. You and OH will have to try not to fall asleep after Christmas dinner then, but try and sneak off for a bit of festive/drunken bding wink

Hayle - Any symptoms? Well done for being so determined not to test! I'm going to try and save my tests too. Isn't it annoying how PMT and early preg feel pretty much exactly the same??

Linda- Wow sounds like you've had an amazing day! So glad everything went well. Hope you can renew the relationship and see more of each other over time. Really pleased for you smile

Have a lovely evening all. Homeland for me tonight, I love it! (and Damien Lewis blush) xx

Thank you life, think its definatly the start of good things for me and my family grin

sweetju Mon 10-Dec-12 21:33:44

Linda that's lovely news.. V happy for u!

Hayle, any symptoms?

Life, any changes? Are u going to test soon?

Well my period is def here, soo glad! can't wait to start actually ttc!! yay! think Im fertile 21st ish for week or so. I normally use baby centre ovulation predictor or something.. What about u guys?? looking forward to lots of bd'ing!
ju x x

pegster Mon 10-Dec-12 21:49:09

Back from snowy Munich, fab weekend celebrating my DH's 40th which is tomorrow. He works out there and usually comes home at the weekend but this time DS & I went out to see him. The snow and the markets were brilliant feel really Christmasy now grin
My AF has just finished and my i-phone app predicts ovulation on Christmas Day so should be a jolly festive season in this house wink
Anybody else got as far as POAS yet?

HayleBoppingAroundTheXmasTree Mon 10-Dec-12 22:05:12

Sounds perfect timing pegster

No symptoms as such. Felt bloated today... ?

AF due Saturday although was 4 days early last cycle so expecting it from tomorrow/wed. No AF cramps yet though. It's not over until its over!

lifeislikeaboxofchoccies Tue 11-Dec-12 13:05:26

Linda - that's lovely, family is so important isn't it. Especially round Xmas time. smile

Pegster - Must be difficult with your DH working out there, although probably really nice when you do see each other again, should make the Xmas BD enjoyable wink

Sweetju - Tested this morning and BFN, so I am gutted. Don't know why I bothered really. Have to wait for AF to show up now. Wish I could say could go ahead all guns blazing over Christmas but we'll be staying with 4 different family members over 2 weeks, so we'll probably end up not doing it at all. Rubbish! angry

Hayle - Bloating could be good... I really hope it's a sign for you. grin

Hope everyone is ok! xxx

Thanks life, it was great seeing them after all this time and my kids really seemed to like them, my youngest normally cries with strangers but he was fantastic, couldn't have gone any better...

I've just order some conceive plus lubricant and I think I'm due to ovulate next week so I really hope it helps, never used it before, actually I'd never even heard of it before so fx it does the trick...

pegster Tue 11-Dec-12 15:40:12

Linda - really pleased the family reunion went so well, must have been a special day seeing your children with them.
Life - sorry to hear about the BFN, it's always a downer, fingers crossed for the next cycle...

Hi, am about to TTC no 2 soon (3rd day of AF today)
Its exciting isn't it, if it doesn't take too long to get a BFP then DD will be about 3 and a half when number 2 comes along!

pearl81 Wed 12-Dec-12 07:40:54

Hello everyone,

Myself Pearl, from India. I am 79' born and my husband n me are TTC from last 11 months and so far nothing happened. I was diagnosed with PCOS and was treated for say 4-5 months, which regulated my period from 35-days cycle to 28-30 days, which sounded a good news for me until last month, I was supposed to get my periods on 24 Nov but it arrived on 30th Nov 2012. First day(30th nov) it was normal bleeding and second day little lighter and on 3rd day that is 2nd of Dec, just some spotting that slightly stained my pad. Then nothing ..... I normally start to get cramps, sore-breast and sick 5-days before my period is expected. But this time i just felt little cramps exactly few minutes before i started to bleed. My normal bleeding continues up to 4-5-6 days.

I don't know what happened to me. I have been feeling very dizzy and sick from last 3-4 weeks, feel like throwing anytime. headaches, slight cramps on either side of my lower abdomen. Its 12-dec-2012 today, took a HPT, got 1 clear pink line and exactly from where the 2nd line should have appeared, I see pink spread as if drops of urine were more than it was supposed to be.

I am so confused now confused. i donno what should I do. I am feeling so disappointed. My last period was again 5-6days late, is it that my PCOS is still not cured???? sad

CrackerJackShack Wed 12-Dec-12 10:06:16

Hi Everyone,
Been ttc #2 since November 19th, so I'm 4 days till a (fingers crossed) missed period. Just got a BFN on a pregnancy test and feeling sad. sad

Getting the coil out last Monday must have messed my cycle up!!! Started what I think was af on the Tuesday and now I've just got a + on an opk, god knows what going on with my body wink

Just read up on getting the coil removed aswell and it says you can still ovulate when your meant to after getting it removed even if your bleeding and I was due to ovulate last Mon/tue when I got it out, so confused, we bd'd the night before removal and twice this week so far so hopefully I've got it covered grin

Overreactionoftheweek Wed 12-Dec-12 11:40:56

I decided in the early hours of this morning when I couldn't sleep that yes I want to ttc #2.

Ds is almost 14 months - we spent the first year saying he would be an only but now both want to try for another! Took more than 18 mnths to get bfp first time so not entirely convinced we'll end up with another child but definitely want to try.

I took my mini pill last night but also had AF on 7th...I missed a couple of pills but think that would've been the time I was due anyway and I know people still bleed for the first couple of months on this pill. So basically I have no idea where I am in my cycle! I'm going to stick to the every other day method to start - dh will be thrilled wink

Good luck everyone!

ninjasquirrel Wed 12-Dec-12 11:42:41

Hello everyone

New here and feeling a little bit inappropriate as I'm not ttc yet - I found out yesterday that my 12 week foetus is not going to make it after all. So I'll be joining properly in a few weeks, all over again, and today I want to think about that rather than what might have been. I've been feeling worried that a 4year+ age gap with DS will be too much, but Padster has reminded me that families come in all shapes and sizes.

Pearl, I think you should go and see your doctor again. CrackerJack, sorry you're feeling sad today.

CrackerJackShack Wed 12-Dec-12 11:48:54

Sorry for your loss ninjasquirrel. That's rough sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now