TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 18-Jan-13 12:39:45

London that is annoying..I'm resigning myself to picking DD up.

I sooo hope she doesn't want to play out in the snow though.

I hate to be an old misery guts but I've got cold and damp on the school run, cold and damp walking the dog around the heath and I'll get cold and damp picking her up again...I really don't fancy getting cold and damp playing outside too.

I hover around 12 and I'm 5ft 6 - so my BMI is just over 27. I could do with weighing 11 stone really to be just inside the healthy zone.

I'm my own worst enemy really I can feel the difference it makes to my prolapse when I even put on a couple of lbs. I really don't know why that alone doesn't motivate me into action confused

I'm very much a size 18 but, when there have been threads on weight/dress sizes on mumsnet, other people with similar stats have been in much smaller sizes!!! I don't understand it - either I'm a very odd shape or some people are telling little porkie pies.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 18-Jan-13 12:48:39

Just read about the sledge search - I guess I am 'lucky' that Mini B has insisted on keeping our sledge in her bedroom since the mid of October (just in case..) Crazy girl.

kbaby good luck on satisfying your craving. Go on Mr Kbaby - brave the snow, it's for a very important cause.

All I wanted with Mini B was orange juice - morning, noon and night. Went through litres of the stuff. Only time in my life I could drink that much fruit juice without getting dire runs.

Love being on a ttc#2 thread - sometimes hard to chat about little ones on a conception board without feeling you are being insensitive to those still battling for their first.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 18-Jan-13 12:57:27

Right, hope to catch up with you all later..I'm off out to get my girlie-whirlie

Brrrrrr, brrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grin

Fridgedooropen Fri 18-Jan-13 23:19:14

Snow here now! Did some sledging with DS smile It was buried in snow in the back garden but was retrievable.

Yes, it's nice to be able to talk about the DC you already have while looking forward to others smile

Bridget I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of people fib about their clothes size.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 20-Jan-13 16:02:34

Hello all, I hope everyone is enjoying the last of this snowy weekend.

I haven't really got much to say today but just wanted to check-in and keep the thread easy to find (probably pathetic but I hate to see it drop off the first page!)

fr00t I hope your little bat is still hanging on tight.

kbaby did you get your craving get satisfied?

Francesca I saw your other thread the other day and was sorry to hear of the difficult time you had ttc first-time around. I think it is completely understandable to be scared of that all happening again. Feel free to vent on this thread if it helps.

petit Any news with you? Are you approaching 'action' week? Unfortunately the action in the Hairy house is always rather limited..

London are you buying a completely do-er up-er? Have you tackled that sort of project before?

We now have the hassle of sorting out a broken front window as some kids smashed it having a snowball fight. Their (very apologetic) parents have said they'll pay but it's still an extra task we could do without..

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 20-Jan-13 16:04:33

Fridge glad the sledge was found smile I hope DS had fun.

Francescarose Sun 20-Jan-13 17:09:38

Hi Bridget

Thanks so much for mentioning my other thread. I had been reading this one but not wanting to derail it with my moaning! How are you doing?

I hope everyone has had some fun in the snow with the little ones. We have built snowmen, thrown snowballs and watched the snowman DVD. Lovely!

I am not sure what's going on at the moment- am 10dpo and had a negative test yesterday. Tested this morning with the second one from the same box and got an incredibly feint line. I think it appeared before the 10 minute window but am now thinking it was too late and is an evaporation line. But if that's the case wouldn't yesterday's have also developed one? I still have both and there's nothing on yesterday's.

Aargh!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 20-Jan-13 17:29:07

Hello Francesca - lovely to hear from you

From what I have read evap lines are incredibly rare - is there any colour to the line? If so, that's a good sign.

In your position I would be feeling very cautiously hopeful. At only 10 dpo it would be remarkable if a line was anything but faint tbh.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes as firmly crossed as is possible in this cold weather (I don't want frostbite grin )

Francescarose Sun 20-Jan-13 18:49:43

Thanks Bridget. Am hopeful but keen not to set myself up for a fall. Will test later in the week although waiting will be tricky since I am the least patient person in the country!!

How are things looking for you? What stage are you at?

MrsSpencerReid Sun 20-Jan-13 19:33:01

Hi Francesca, I've had faint lines since Friday, not getting any darker so caved and got a digi and it said : pregnant! So mystery over grin. I got my faints in Internet cheapies, how about you? I decided I needed a definitive yes/no!

Francescarose Sun 20-Jan-13 20:07:32

Hi MrsSpencerReid and huge congratulations!! What fab news!

Mine was a First Response Early Result. Tried one yesterday and no line at all so that's why I think today's might have been accurate- if there was going to be an evaporation line surely it would have been on both days' tests??

I am driving myself insane!

When is your due date?

MrsSpencerReid Sun 20-Jan-13 21:38:46

Thanks, due end of sept but ds was prem, so who knows! Am hoping this one waits till sept though! I have another digi test I can post you if you want?

111007kbaby Sun 20-Jan-13 23:08:54

Hi Bridget hope all is well yep bless dp he got me the rice pudding lol, hope your well I'm feeling abit low pregnancy blues I thing getting emotional, and angry for no reason :-( and was going to say bridget if you do want to give the cbfm a shot if you already havent your more than welcome to try mine, as i found it hard with mr to find days we wernt both tired or he had time etc but it did give me a false positive but i was already pregnant by that stage so that could be why, but its great for predicting days so you can pre plan, didnt want to sound rude just wanted to ask xxx

Hi congrats mrsreid how are you feeling excited I bet xxx

And francessca the First responce are ment to be quite accurate I have everything crossed. Xxx

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Mon 21-Jan-13 10:43:05

Hi all,

Well we enjoyed the snow, sledging and had my fill of snowmen and snowcats! Now, please can we get back to normal?!

I’m ovulating this coming week & my DH is prepared. I am planning to DTD every other day this week as per the advice of my GP. Not sure how we are going to manage this though hmm. Tiredness and lack of energy are the main factor for me. Plus, it’s not exactly romantic knowing that you HAVE to do it IYSWIM. For some reason this bothers me a lot more than my DH.

Fridge we couldn't find our sledge either. Had to buy another one and luckily managed to buy the last one from the village shop.

Bridget I hope that you are OK and that you are not too down on missing out on the b’dancing during your ovulation.

Mrs Spencer Congratulations again.

kbaby sorry that you've got the pregnancy blues. I think your hormones will be all over the place for the next 9 months or so!

Frances I think that congratulations are in order.

Whoop whoop to all the BFP on this thread. I hope that the rest of us get our own BFP soon.

BJZebra Mon 21-Jan-13 16:23:51

Hello, I haven't posted for a few weeks. I'm trying hard to not think to much about ttc but when it gets near to AF date the wait gets too much.
Anyway, I think I'm 1 day late and I am always like clockwork. Tmi alert - Plus had constipation last week. Have period pains and sore breasts but no AF as yet. If I haven't had it by tomorrow will get a test.
I havent caught up with thread properly so will now have a read to see who's had BFPs.

BJZebra Mon 21-Jan-13 19:01:24

Finally caught up with the thread. Hadn't realised how long it was since I last posted.
Congratulations to kbaby, MrsSpencer & Fr00tbat on your BFPs and wishing a clear BFP to Francesca later in the week.
KBaby - sorry you're having bad side affects of the pregnancy but so glad it's going well and you're so far along now and the news of your wedding. I will be getting married too this year.

I loved the messages about your hopes and worries.

111007kbaby Mon 21-Jan-13 19:33:28

Hi zebra I really hope af don't arrive for you I have everything crossed, I never really felt like this in my 1st pregnancy, so I don't no how to act just feel really sad pissed of and angry for no reason :-( and to make it worse I haven't been able to lift my head for two days and my gp diagnosed me with tension headaches, which have been so horrific I just want to cry feels like some 1 has a bat to my head. If they don't get better by tonight I'm going a&e surely they can't expect me to just cope with them.
There has to be some fort of medication as paracetamol are not doing nothing.

And many congratulations on your wedding woo lets hope it s starts to go your way from now I can't wait to find out the result xxxx

BJZebra Mon 21-Jan-13 20:51:59

Kbaby - that's sounds very bad. Definitely with going if you feel like that. You have my sympathies.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Mon 21-Jan-13 22:14:56

Hello all, just a quick post to say hello to Zebra as I don't think we've 'met' before. I did shorten your name to something else, but then realised what I'd written blush

I did write a huge post earlier in the day but lost it when my laptop crashed..then I tried again but Mumsnet was constantly off-line. Now I'm too tired and think I'll save it 'til tomorrow.

kbaby you poor, poor thing! No wonder you feel mightily peed off and sad - you are in pain. Severe headaches can be utterly horrendous and debilitating; you have my sincere sympathies. One of my friends had terrible headaches during her second pregnancy and I feel certain her GP was able to prescribe her something.

It certainly won't get rid off them but have you tried those 4head migraine cooling strips alongside the paracetamol? They may just take the very edge off the pain. I use them a lot and find gently massaging my temples can slightly help too. Have you tried putting you head over a bowl of steam? I know that is mainly for blocked nose/sinuses but the warmth might relax your head muscles temporarily.

It's definitely one of the draw-backs of being pregnant that you can't just reach into the medicine cabinet willy-nilly.

BJZebra Mon 21-Jan-13 22:34:34

Hello Bridget smile
I went quiet at the beginning of the month as I thought I was getting a little obsessive about thinking about ttc and finding it upsetting. I've had a lot of time to dwell too much as I'm still on maternity leave with DD1. I'm starting back at work in a few weeks so that will keep my mind busy with something else. Really funny if I do have a BFP just before I start back wink

Francescarose Tue 22-Jan-13 08:07:13

MrsSpencer that is so kind- thank you. I will pm you.

Negative clear blue for me this morning sad how can that happen? I thought false positives were impossible yet I def had a line on a frer on Sunday.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 22-Jan-13 11:15:29

francesca I'm so, so sorry to hear of your negative result this morning. You must feel very confused and gutted < gives an un-mumsnetty hug and hand squeeze >

I'd hate to give you any false hope but clearblues can be less sensitive, so there is a small chance that you still aren't producing enough pregnancy hormone for that brand of test.

Is your period due yet? Are you still technically testing early? Have you any signs of AF arriving?

I got a much longed for positive pregnancy test result on the 30th December but started bleeding about 48 hours later. Unfortunately this type of very, very early loss is extremely (and horribly) common - conception and initial implantation takes place (hence the positive result) but the fertilised egg is quickly rejected.

These 'chemical pregnancies' are the ones that, in the days before sensitive hpts, never used to be known about. They are still completely shit to go through though sad

It isn't much comfort now - but if you have had a cp - it is a positive sign that you are ovulating and can achieve conception. My doctor (this very morning) was reassuring me that it was nothing to worry about..

Personally, I utterly hate the expression "a line's a line" - I think it always gives the false impression that as soon as you get that BFP it's 'job done'. When actually everything is horribly precarious at that stage.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 22-Jan-13 11:17:18

Fingers crossed for you Francesca - be kind to yourself today

BJZebra Tue 22-Jan-13 13:42:24

I'm sorry about your BFN too Francesca.
DP is currently out shopping with a tester on the list but I think AF is just arriving but he hasn't got his phone with him so can't tell him not to bother. Still it'll need it one month.
I really hope it's IB but I know it's not. It's so upsetting isn't it.

LondonSuperTrooper Brazil Tue 22-Jan-13 14:19:45

So sorry about your BFN Frances.

Bridget, glad that you've got the all clear from your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now